Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 pm

tryst wrote:I'm cracking a box of M12 next week. Hopefully, I can help.
Great! Might come up with some more European only cards.

Gary

anselan
Librarities Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by anselan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:I updated my 2012 sheet with the info from effai.

I would like to include all EU combos on the sheet if any of you have more information--or better yet the cards themselves for a trade.

Gary
Good news first. I confirm that the 120 US guys are probably as you suppose. I am still missing 9, but I don't have any extraneous ones appearing from here in Hong Kong.

Secondly, I have met another saddo here who is also a collector of front/backs, and he says he has lots of spare ones.

On the debit side, I have a bunch of EU ones, and although there are definitely some US mixed in (sigh my eyesight is not as good as it was for distinguishing light and dark edges) but definitely there are at least 44 which are not in the US lot.

An initial guess might be that there are about 120 in each set, with an overlap of about 60. This would leave about 80 combos which don't occur on either.

We basically need a friendly dealer in US and another in EU, who are willing to set aside a whole bunch of the tips & tokens they open to allow us to analyze each set once and for all. This amateur business is rarely good enough. But if we had 12 boxes worth, I reckon we would have a good idea for each set.

Probably too late for M12, but can we get this sorted for Innistrad?

Another feature is that 2 of the images in the EU lot are upside down. These are Garruk - The Ultimate Introduction, and Casual Formats - All Things Magic. Since there are probably minimal duplicates, the chance of finding another example of these with the orientation correct is very small.

Cheers
Andy

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:51 pm

anselan wrote:Good news first. I confirm that the 120 US guys are probably as you suppose. I am still missing 9, but I don't have any extraneous ones appearing from here in Hong Kong.
The one I show with an x in it (Pentavite/More than a TCG) has not been found again. I may have made a mistake on this as it was hectic at the pre-release (I was playing too).
anselan wrote:Secondly, I have met another saddo here who is also a collector of front/backs, and he says he has lots of spare ones.
Is my set in the mail???? JK. I have extra US if he/you want to trade.
anselan wrote:On the debit side, I have a bunch of EU ones, and although there are definitely some US mixed in (sigh my eyesight is not as good as it was for distinguishing light and dark edges) but definitely there are at least 44 which are not in the US lot.

An initial guess might be that there are about 120 in each set, with an overlap of about 60. This would leave about 80 combos which don't occur on either.

We basically need a friendly dealer in US and another in EU, who are willing to set aside a whole bunch of the tips & tokens they open to allow us to analyze each set once and for all. This amateur business is rarely good enough. But if we had 12 boxes worth, I reckon we would have a good idea for each set.
That would be great. Best of luck on finding one. The closest I have come here is a singles dealer that sorts out his t/t cards and sells them. He does let me go through “looking for something I don’t have” but that is the extent of it. Thus I wait till I have as many as I can get before bothering him.
anselan wrote:Another feature is that 2 of the images in the EU lot are upside down. These are Garruk - The Ultimate Introduction, and Casual Formats - All Things Magic.
LOL I must admit that I have no idea if any US ones are upside down---at first I thought they all were.

Thanks greatly for that report. Let me know what US ones you want and lets work out a trade.

Gary

anselan
Librarities Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:45 pm

The missing Pentavite.

Post by anselan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:18 pm

mystical_tutor wrote: The one I show with an x in it (Pentavite/More than a TCG) has not been found again. I may have made a mistake on this as it was hectic at the pre-release (I was playing too).
No you were accurate in your records - I have got one but only one. I will keep my eyes peeled for another.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: The missing Pentavite.

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:07 pm

anselan wrote:No you were accurate in your records - I have got one but only one. I will keep my eyes peeled for another.
Found one, thanks for the confirmation and offer.

Gary

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Here is the Innistrad sheet as it stands now.

Edit Note: I have rearranged the titles of the non token cards. I didn't really like it and hope this will work better.
I wasn't sure how to handle the two wolf tokens given out at pre-release but because they are tokens and they are from this set I included them here. I think that they technically belong with pre-release cards on the board though.

[yes, I know that opinion is held by only a few and they will probably end up under the "token" section never to be found again.]

http://www.mediafire.com/?xbj7r3lg16wby87

Please let me know what else you all find and if European English is different.

Gary
Last edited by mystical_tutor on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anselan
Librarities Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:45 pm

bah

Post by anselan » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:20 pm

hi gary,

thanks for the spreadsheet. 103 so far eh? with so many different fronts, i think that there will be very few duplicates.

at the weekend i will pick up a booster box of US English to add to my prerelease haul, and then will post what I've got.

i also figure since i'm in Hong Kong i should try to pick up as many Chinese T&T as i can. maybe i will be able to trade for some of these absurd pre-release wolves.

is nothing sacred? have wotc got to promotionalize *everything*? even t&t? bah! :)

cheers,
andy

User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Post by effai » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:23 pm

what are these wolf token prerelease ? Are they somehow different ?
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

caquaa
Librarities Legend
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: USA / Oregon

Post by caquaa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:24 pm

effai wrote:what are these wolf token prerelease ? Are they somehow different ?
they promote the judge program on the backside.

User avatar
effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Post by effai » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:27 pm

caquaa wrote:
effai wrote:what are these wolf token prerelease ? Are they somehow different ?
they promote the judge program on the backside.
ok, so it's just the back is different, nothing to be worry about :)
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: bah

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:54 pm

anselan wrote:i also figure since i'm in Hong Kong i should try to pick up as many Chinese T&T as i can. maybe i will be able to trade for some of these absurd pre-release wolves.andy
Andy; I think I can get you the two pre-release tokens. I just hadn't been looking for any but I'm sure the folks here will trade them for regular wolf tokens and I KNOW they would trade them for Chinese tokens.....

Gary

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:52 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Here is the Innistrad sheet as it stands now.

I wasn't sure how to handle the two wolf tokens given out at pre-release but because they are tokens and they are from this set I included them here. I think that they technically belong with pre-release cards on the board though.

[yes, I know that opinion is held by only a few and they will probably end up under the "token" section never to be found again.]

http://www.mediafire.com/?p1to33uv986bbl1

Please let me know what else you all find and if European English is different.

Gary
There were two different versions of the Wolf token given out as promotional??? hmm, have to look at the two I got at the pre-release to see which one(s) I got.

hehe when my two cases arrive I'll let you know what I find that you don't have on the list Gary :)

oh, also, anyone still looking for any of the (English) M12 tips and tokens, I have a huge stack of them (all except the "Mythic" token). feel free to send me a pm with what you are wanting.

anselan
Librarities Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by anselan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

effai wrote:
caquaa wrote:
effai wrote:what are these wolf token prerelease ? Are they somehow different ?
they promote the judge program on the backside.
ok, so it's just the back is different, nothing to be worry about :)
"Just the back is different." Haha that makes *all* the difference! :o)

anselan
Librarities Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:45 pm

60/121 = ?

Post by anselan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:18 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote: hehe when my two cases arrive
Yum, data! Data!

Is there any chance, Mr Large Hadron Collider, that you could record the order of the uncommons in each booster in order? I am interested to know how WotC get 60 different uncommons out of presumably just one sheet of 121 uncommon cards. 60 is the usual number for uncommons in a set so it obviously works out well for them, in the same way that 101 works out so beautifully for the number of commons.

Not to be confused in Innistrad with the double-faced "uncommons" which are from a separate sheet.

I personally am not so keen to explore the rare & double-faced distribution pattern, because knowledge of this seems possibly open to abuse. Mine those Garruks! Presumably in each case there is a single sheet, and more than one queue from which the cards are drawn.

As far as the T&T are concerned, I guess there is a single queue, since randomness is not an issue :o) but I would be interested to confirm (1) what the order of the cards is in the queue (2) which T&T front/back combos are really R1, and which are R2 or more.

Any chance you could help?

Thanks,
Andy

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: 60/121 = ?

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:46 am

anselan wrote:
Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote: hehe when my two cases arrive
Is there any chance that you could record the order of the uncommons in each booster in order? I am interested to know how WotC get 60 different uncommons out of presumably just one sheet of 121 uncommon cards.

As far as the T&T are concerned, I guess there is a single queue, since randomness is not an issue :o) but I would be interested to confirm (1) what the order of the cards is in the queue (2) which T&T front/back combos are really R1, and which are R2 or more.

Any chance you could help?

Thanks,
Andy
Hmm, when I'm done opening the boxes, I'll count up the quantity of each and let you know which Uncommon I got the most of.

I'll do the same for the T/T's.

Clay

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest