Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:I noticed the following:
- The US cards are printed on a yellowish thicker material, the EU ones on white paper.
- There's a little colorshift on the backs. See following scan. On the left we have the US version.

- All backs are the same for US and EU version. No difference in fonts or words. I found only one little difference: On the lower border we have a white line on the EU version. (btw. this line I also found on the M2010 back!).

I'm hoping this helps a little...
Great detail work Hans. I only have a few cards that I know for sure are European and I saw that their backs were darker but did not know if that was consistant in European printing or were just the few I have.
I do not have any AR or 2010 EU t/t cards. The few I do have from older sets do not have the line.

I should be able to send you a full set of the Tips cards soon but people are just not giving up their tokens. They let me record them but then keep them---sigh (yes I carry my computer to the store each day).

DATA: I do not care who gets the data for the sheets as long as it is posted where I can get at it...LOL.

Glad to have you back Hans. I haven't heard from Jim for awhile and hope he is having a great summer vacation. I will be starting mine in about a week and will not be on the board much for awhile.

Gary

jhavuka
Librarities Member

Post by jhavuka » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:Thanks to Gary, who send me some US token, I was able to compare the US Edition with the EU Edition of Alara Reborn.

I noticed the following:
- The US cards are printed on a yellowish thicker material, the EU ones on white paper.
- There's a little colorshift on the backs. See following scan. On the left we have the US version.
I don't know about the materials but I can confirm the colorshift in M10. Unfortunately I don't have US Alara Reborn t/t to compare them myself.

For me the best way to distinguish US and European t/t is to feel the cards between my fingertips. European t/t have slightly waxy surface whereas US have better grip. It's not 100 percent proof but at least you can divide them into three groups this way (US, Euro, can't tell).
Mister Foilcard wrote:- All backs are the same for US and EU version. No difference in fonts or words. I found only one little difference: On the lower border we have a white line on the EU version. (btw. this line I also found on the M2010 back!).
Unfortunately this isn't the case since none of my Euro Alara Reborn t/t have the line. So far I only have one Euro M10 t/t with Ultra Pro back but it does have the line while my only US one doesn't.

I scanned a few t/t as an example. They're available at http://www.titityy.net/laput/tt/

In Howl combo US card is on the left and Euro on the right. The back of Euro card is darker than US. Front of US card on the other hand is slightly clearer and in my opinion US cards are of higher quality.

Last but now least I scanned three Wolf tokens from M10 with the middle one being US and the rest European. Difference between type lines is just incredible and easy to spot when you put tokens side by side.
I want my sheep! Collecting Ovinize, any and all languages.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:14 pm

jhavuka wrote:
Mister Foilcard wrote:
I scanned a few t/t as an example. They're available at http://www.titityy.net/laput/tt/

In Howl combo US card is on the left and Euro on the right. The back of Euro card is darker than US. Front of US card on the other hand is slightly clearer and in my opinion US cards are of higher quality.

Last but now least I scanned three Wolf tokens from M10 with the middle one being US and the rest European. Difference between type lines is just incredible and easy to spot when you put tokens side by side.
Now that is some darn fine scouting there. I'll send you some more US t/t cards to see if your findings hold in a larger sample. The font on the Wolves is clearly heavier as well as the font on the Howl backs.

PM me your snail-mail address and I'll send you some cards.

Gary

tryst

Post by tryst » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:10 pm

Hi all,
Sorry, but I've been out of pocket for a few weeks.
After all of the heartache with the different printings, I've decided to combine my EU and US tokens into one set and call it good.
I'm looking for the US-only versions of M2010:
Soldier - Ready When You Are (US)
Insect - Ready When You Are (US)
Wolf - Ready When You Are (US)
Gargoyle - Ready When You Are (US)
Parts of the Turn - Ready When You Are (US)
Damage & Lifelink - Ready When You Are (US)

I have EU English and German I can trade back.
Let me know what you're looking for.
Thanks,
tryst

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Today I have uploaded a new version of the global list. It is a huge update:
- Magic 2010 added
- Alara Reborn revised
- A lot of Italian Token and Tip cards from Shards of Alara, Conflux and Alara reborn added [simo_74]
- existence of English Eventide Kithkin Soldier / Gleemax confirmed
- added German Conflux Zombie / Wizards Play Network
- existence of English Eventide Worm / Gleemax confirmed [tryst]
- existence of English Lorwyn Wolf / Friends&Foils confirmed [tryst]

Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nnyna3gnt4q

Enjoy

For those who are interested in a trade, there's an actual version of my wish list too. I have added all my spare t/t cards, so everyone is welcome for a trade:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uitwjny2njm

Looking forward to Zendikar... :wink:

hiryu
Librarities Legend

Post by hiryu » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:30 am

Just got a box of Chinese Zendikar and noticed that all the tips/tokens are in Japanese. I'm pretty sure I've had Chinese tips/tokens in every other set... did they not make them for Zendikar??

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:Looking forward to Zendikar... :wink:
Well, Hans, here is my stab at the US Zen t/t set. Updated 10-15

http://www.mediafire.com/?tkewg3zkdze

This reflects about two cases of Zen tips and about a case and a half of tokens. Three additions over the previous one and one deletion (Elemental/Survival Kit).

Elemental/Survival Kit was found. It had escaped into a dick I was building but is back in his proper slot again.

Gary
Last edited by mystical_tutor on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Well, Hans, here is my stab at the US Zen t/t set.
Great, thanks! Today I got my first Zendikar German t/t cards, but only 10 or 12.
A greater pack will arrive soon.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Here are the promised scans as a little appetizer:

Image..Image..Image

And I want to say thank you, thank you, thank you to 'Extreme' from MWSHQ team. That guy helps a lot with his diligent work to reach our far goal: to have high quality scans of all ever printed Magic cards (in all languages). He does all the neccessary postprocessing of my and other people scans. =D> =D> =D>

And I want to invite everyone to help: we are looking for guys that have very good scanners and have complete non-english sets and willing in to scan those sets in high quality. We are always looking for special cards we don't have (rare cards from different sets, rare promo cards and a lot of other Magic related things).
Last edited by Mister Foilcard on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Updated the US English sheet again at this link. I believe we now have at least all the Tips as players have been more than happy to give them to me. Tokens, I am not so sure about as the ratio in the case was about 1 Tip for 2+ Tokens but in loose donations I am getting I receive about 7 Tips for 1 Token. There may well be more token combos out there.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tkewg3zkdze

enjoy.

Gary

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Finally! After a very long silence I have updated my both t/t lists. There are updated links in the first posting of this thread.

Both lists are far from being complete, so everyone who has information, is invited to help.

Alexis, you can use the ultimate list for creating the new subsections for the scans.
Shaselai1, you can look in my trading list for the Dragons and Angels...

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:Finally! After a very long silence I have updated my both t/t lists. There are updated links in the first posting of this thread.

Both lists are far from being complete, so everyone who has information, is invited to help.

Alexis, you can use the ultimate list for creating the new subsections for the scans.
Shaselai1, you can look in my trading list for the Dragons and Angels...
Hi Hans
For the moment, after finishing Planechase Metallic Dreams Deck.I will start to update the Tenth Edition one.This will take forever, as I need to add 4 scans per tokens, in 9 Different languages, find them between so many tabs and add the info, then check if there's no errors.I can tell you straight this is an extremely long and boring update, and it needs a lot of concentration.For the moment, I have created 4 Subsections, but then we gonna face a problem, as there's 18 more subsections to create, i'm afraid that the Official Tokens and Support cards sections will be totally drawn by these Tokens and Tips cards, and I'm not sure that's a good thing, so let's think about finding a solution.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Mister Foilcard

I just uploaded my spreadsheet of Worldwake t/t cards here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vdodoq2tytd

Two you have noted I have not found yet--not surprising considering my relatively small sample of tokens. Those are noted in purple.

I have one combo you don't have listed. Snake/The Best Way

I wondered if it could possibly be a stray Zen t/t but then noted that the combo did not occur in US English, only European English and the chance of me getting two European ones, one from a small group of US soldiers in Korea and the other from here in Colorado, is too remote to consider.

It may be that the US and European English sets are not the same and we should keep our eyes open for any new combo that might come up. I will keep looking for my two missing combos here in the US.

When I returned from Korea the store I TO at had saved me about 700 Worldwake (?) t/t cards. Not even 1/3 of them were tokens and there were obviously Zen tokens mixed in. Therefore the Snake and Wolf tokens that had identical backs as Zen were assumed to be Zen. For these grey areas I have included only cards I pulled or were in Worldwake drafts.

I will have more foil pack t/t info for you as they did a foil pack booster draft in Korea.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

jhavuka
Librarities Member

Post by jhavuka » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:56 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:I have one combo you don't have listed. Snake/The Best Way

I wondered if it could possibly be a stray Zen t/t but then noted that the combo did not occur in US English, only European English and the chance of me getting two European ones, one from a small group of US soldiers in Korea and the other from here in Colorado, is too remote to consider.

It may be that the US and European English sets are not the same and we should keep our eyes open for any new combo that might come up. I will keep looking for my two missing combos here in the US.
I don't know if this bit of information is useful for you guys but I just checked my European Zen t/t and (US) Worldwake t/t and found Snake/The Best Way combination in both of them.

So far I haven't seen any Worldwake boosters printed in Belgium which most probably means there's only one English t/t set to collect.
I want my sheep! Collecting Ovinize, any and all languages.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:41 am

jhavuka wrote: I don't know if this bit of information is useful for you guys but I just checked my European Zen t/t and (US) Worldwake t/t and found Snake/The Best Way combination in both of them.
That is very good to know. I thought CM would be printing WW also but if they don't we should only need one set. Strangely enough that combo appeared in the European Zen set but not in the US Zen set.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Gary