Test Prints Waldfeen/Scryb Sprites and Others

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:39 pm

dragsamou wrote:
ende73 wrote:I am confused.

I own one (got it from Amy Weber) and it's exactly the normal MTG carstock (passes the bend test by the way), with a perfect MTG back and the dot pattern looks like normal older white cards too (I have the Mesa Pegasus picture).

Just the colors are a bit brighter and of course the font is different. picture's wrong etc.

In other words, mine at least looks exactly like a WOTC produced test print.
Hi Enrico.
I never check mines, as I have Never submit a bend Test to any of my cards so I can't say if they pass the Test.
Hello Alexis, yes I realize that.

But what about the "inferior cardstock" issue and poor printing quality? Would you agree with that?

My card certainly doesn't appear so poor.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:15 pm

ende73 wrote:
dragsamou wrote:

I own one (got it from Amy Weber) and it's exactly the normal MTG carstock (passes the bend test by the way), with a perfect MTG back and the dot pattern looks like normal older white cards too (I have the Mesa Pegasus picture).

Just the colors are a bit brighter and of course the font is different. picture's wrong etc.

Hi Enrico.
I never check mines, as I have Never submit a bend Test to any of my cards so I can't say if they pass the Test.
Hello Alexis, yes I realize that.

But what about the "inferior cardstock" issue and poor printing quality? Would you agree with that?

My card certainly doesn't appear so poor.
Hi Enrico.
Whenever, I have time, I will check on that issue.Take Care.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Fakes

Post by equi-nox76 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:17 am

Mister Foilcard wrote:In 1996 in my town some Vietnamese were selling Magic cards to the kids. The packs were cheaper than normal and contains such 'misprinted' cards. One Magic player of our group has buyed such a booster and he throw the cards away. Unfortunately I never buyed such a pack, so I can't confirm this whole thing.
But I also believe that these cards were fakes. Alexis, you should check the cards carefully (print dots, bending test,...).
Maybe there exist both, real test prints and fake ones, but I don’t know why someone would fake those…

Chris