Mr.C's Misprint Reporting thread!

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Mr.C's Misprint Reporting thread!

Post by Mr.C » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:21 am

So, i'm sifting through my cards, organising them, etc, before i sell out a bunch of them. I've tried to figure out a place for me to put the misprints i find, without forgetting about them.

So, anyway,

Jap Mirage Raging Spirit: the '2' in the activation cost is in red instead of grey.

FE Conch Horn: Odd black square thingy in the lower middle of the picture frame.

PT Moggcatcher: Odd mana symbol color in the casting cost's '2'.

S-Chi 5th Basic Lands: all have 'fat' tap arrows.

Jap Mirage Ancestral Memories: Artist credited as 'William Donohue' instead of 'William Donohoe'. [insert color joke]

PT TS Avatar of Woe: Says CC is reduced if 10 or more cards are in all graveyards. teh brokeness.

more to come

Ralph, sorry if this post is innappropriate, no idea where to put it.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:30 am

This is a good example of a thread for the Information General board. New information about old items.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:55 am

PT Brand: Missing the last line of the flavor text ('to Karn')

PT Priest of Gix (US), PT Yawgmoth's Edict (US): Xantcha is named 'phyrexiana banida' on one and 'phyrexiana proscrita' on the other. Maybe two teams of translators?

PT Rewind (US): Missing the '-' in '-Barrin, master wizard', in the flavor text.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:25 pm

Mr C-

Can you post a scan of the Moggcatcher mana mistprint? Also, I'd be interested in buying or trading for that and an Avatar of Woe if you can get your hands on one.

squt

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:33 pm

i'm interested in S-Chi 5th Basic Lands

bugking326
Librarities Hero

Re: Mr.C's Misprint Reporting thread!

Post by bugking326 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:38 pm

T-Chinese Portal Three Kingdoms misprint
"Burning of Xinye" :"火烧新野" the second word "烧" is printed in S-Chinese word instead of T-Chinese word "燒".

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:14 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there's a misprint on the salvat Selesnya Guildmage. The green mana symbols in the casting cost are actually red mana symbols. Not sure if this is all the salvat Selesnya guildmages or not.

Mark

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:03 am

I found this item on ebay, couldn't find anything about it on this site:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Misprint-Foil-S-Chin ... dZViewItem

For Morgue Theft from S-Chinese Odyssey, the tombstone symbol for flashback is missing on the foil version

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:21 am

Sorry if this reply seems stupid, but I thought it was interesting. I don't think this is a misprint, as I believe it's the same for all Homelands cards (at least printed in English), but I just noticed this and wondered if anyone else knew about it:

For all Homelands Artifacts, Black, Blue, and Green Cards the copyright line is printed in White Ink. For all Homelands Lands, Red, and White cards the copyright line is printed in Black Ink.

I imagine this is so, as it is easier to read the copyright date against those colored borders.

However, that isn't the interesting part, what's interesting is that for every Legendary creature in Red and White, the copyright line is printed in White ink (instead of Black like the rest of the Red & White cards).

I'm just trying to figure out why this "misprint" is only associated with the Legendary creatures.

Zeromus

Post by Zeromus » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:44 am

http://www.magiclibrary.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4119

Spanish Misprints for TS

Also, in Planar Chaos, IIRC, Spanish Dichotomancy let's you search for every non-land permanent your opponent has, not only tapped ones. More on this later.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:58 am

Just noticed this while scanning some basic lands. For the Japanese 4th Ed BB Mountain (Arabian Nights pic), the white ink of the artist name appears shifted relative to the black ink. The other two versions of Mountain do not show this. All copies of Mountain with Arabians Nights pic show this misprint that I own (more than 30).

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Sun May 25, 2008 4:23 am

Sabertooth Tiger name mismatch:

Portuguese 5th: Tigre de Dentes de Sabre

Portuguese 6th: Tigre Dentes-de-Sabre