Can anyone tell me about this set of Magic bags?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

tensaimaho

Can anyone tell me about this set of Magic bags?

Post by tensaimaho » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:05 am

Hi folks,
I'm trying to find information about these two Magic bags.
I bought the set at a vintage toy shop a few years ago. The seller told me it was given to company executives at the launch of some product. According to the seller, the original owner thought there were only about a dozen made.
I'd love to have a verifiable origin story on these. However, I've spent a fair bit of time searching for more information, but haven't had too much luck. I know that they came out around 96, and that there were Jester Cap and Nightmare versions, too (I've found maybe 3 pictures).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Can anyone tell me about this set of Magic bags?

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Is there anything inside or out that might indicate if Hobby Japan had anything to do with them? They had a large verity of items made within their licence options. WotC often made stuff to hand out also and sometimes in very limited quantities.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Re: Can anyone tell me about this set of Magic bags?

Post by l0qii » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:53 am

These were available in US stores around 96 ,like you said. I'm positive they were not imported from Japan. They way have been promo items, but b&m game stores were certainly selling them.