Soldier Promo Token Theros League

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Soldier Promo Token Theros League

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:18 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Members

OFFICIAL COUNTERS AND TOKENS

League Tokens. Provisary scan added.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/789-rar ... -2013.html

Soldier Token Theros. I add it, but looks like League won't exist anymore and will be distributed through Gateway Program:
http://www.wizards.com/wpn/News/Article ... 31_THELEAG

Thanks for contacting Wizards Game Support regarding Theros League Play. Unfortunately, we are not having a league for Theros, the closes thing being the Gateway to Core program. We are trying to revamp the league program and are in the middle of decided exactly how to proceed with league in the future. Although there is no sanctionible league events for Theros, you are more than welcome to create your own league with your own rules and sanction the events as regular Magic events.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter and please feel free to contact us again with any other questions or comments.

the league promo is a Soldier Token. For some reason the league kits will only be distributed to Gateway level stores. Core & Advanced are getting none

Alexis;

Now I see why your were confused. After reading the CS statement I am now confused too.....(before I was just ignorant).

I was thinking I sent you a scan for a French judge token, maybe I'm just more confused than I realized.

Ah, found it. I only sent a scan of the front as I do not have a scan of the back yet. Thus these must exist in more than English.

Gary
Last edited by mystical_tutor on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:24 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Alexis;

Now I see why your were confused. After reading the CS statement I am now confused too.....(before I was just ignorant).

Gary
Hi Gary

Yes, this is extremely confusing, all I know is that 4 of those tokens were available on Ebay, after that, they are nowhere to be find :-O

Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Sorry Alexis;

I think slow and went back and edited my previous post while you were posting.

I think I have a Korean League token too, a goblin or some such.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:37 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Sorry Alexis;

I think slow and went back and edited my previous post while you were posting.

I think I have a Korean League token too, a goblin or some such.

Gary
Hi Gary

The point is about The Soldier Token Theros in English...I move the topic to Inquiries :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

trojanbomber52
Librarities Hero

Post by trojanbomber52 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:58 pm

dragsamou wrote: Hi Gary

Yes, this is extremely confusing, all I know is that 4 of those tokens were available on Ebay, after that, they are nowhere to be find :-O
I've been wondering what happened to the Theros League token as well. I was one of the people watching this auction on ebay and passed on it since I figured it was just higher priced since it was the first to be listed. Little did I know then that that was the last ones to show up since. If anyone knows where to find one now, please let me know. I'm hoping the bulk of them will be released soon.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:15 pm

trojanbomber52 wrote:
I've been wondering what happened to the Theros League token as well. I was one of the people watching this auction on ebay and passed on it since I figured it was just higher priced since it was the first to be listed. Little did I know then that that was the last ones to show up since. If anyone knows where to find one now, please let me know. I'm hoping the bulk of them will be released soon.
I won't be surprised if they end up not being released at all, I hope not. Time will tell.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:18 pm

The seller that sold these tokens actually sold 4 playsets. 2 playsets on Oct-06, and 2 playsets on Nov-05. The 2 playsets from Oct-06 sold to the same buyer, I'm not sure if they are a member here, but I've contacted them to see if they will part with any of the 8 tokens they purcahsed.

The fact that this seller jaimejohnpc (850 ) had 4 playsets leads me to believe that others got these aswell. But who knows.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:21 pm

berkumps wrote:The seller that sold these tokens actually sold 4 playsets. 2 playsets on Oct-06, and 2 playsets on Nov-05. The 2 playsets from Oct-06 sold to the same buyer, I'm not sure if they are a member here, but I've contacted them to see if they will part with any of the 8 tokens they purcahsed.

The fact that this seller jaimejohnpc (850 ) had 4 playsets leads me to believe that others got these aswell. But who knows.
Hi Mark

I don't collect those, but just need a Good scan for the website, even if I need to move that token to the Gateway section later, or wherever, they will belong to :)

The first league was July / August 2012, in commemoration of the release of Magic 2013. Because League play wasn't making the returns on investment, and most stores would run leagues anyways, Magic 2014 marked the last physical League kit to be offered to stores. Starting with Theros, stores were able to download a digital asset kit, which didn't include special prizes anymore. [1]

Theros: 2/2 white soldier token (only seen in advertisements, the league was discontinued)

Could it be that these Tokens were Digital and created Unofficialy by some MTG shops?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:48 pm

trojanbomber52
Librarities Hero

Post by trojanbomber52 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:11 pm

I just bought an even more recent Soldier League token from Born of the Gods, so it doesn't seem like the League has been completely discontinued, but not sure why it is so hard to find. Since I have missed out on the Theros token so far when I saw this one come up on ebay I jumped at it immediately. As soon as I get back home and can scan it I will send it in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTG-Soldier-Tok ... 3cdc73718a

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:35 pm

What a headache those Tokens...

And you, my friend, worry only with the league and judge tokens......

Gary
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

sk1
Librarities Legend

Post by sk1 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:03 pm

The local store I have been playing at for the last year apparently was a Gateway store for a short period in 2013 (they had only been open for a year or so at that point), and they did receive the Theros League Soldier Tokens - I'm not sure how many they received, but they currently have six of them.

The owner knows the rarity of these tokens and is selling them for $25 each (shipped). I acquired two myself, and he is holding the other four for me for a week or so - I told him that I wanted to make them available to the members of this website first, because I knew some people were looking for them. If they are not gone in a week or so, I'm probably going to post them on Facebook for him.

All of the tokens have the same back. I made a nice scan of the front and back of the tokens:

[img][img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb73/kikta/TLST.jpg[/img][/img]

He also has around eight of the M14 League Sliver Tokens at $5.00 each if anyone cares about those.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

Mark
Last edited by sk1 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

sk1
Librarities Legend

Post by sk1 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:13 pm

Here's a scan of the M14 League Sliver Token (they all have the same back on them):

[img][img]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb73 ... M14LST.jpg[/img][/img]

sk1
Librarities Legend

Post by sk1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:52 am

Two of the Soldier Tokens are sold already. Two are left. I'm only selling one per person until I am sure nobody else wants one. Thanks.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:11 pm

It is a pitty too. I think this is the best soldier art to date, by far, and in such short supply--at least until someone dumps a few thousand of them on the market.

Gary
Gary Adkison