Italian Renaisance Piety

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Italian Renaisance Piety

Post by cataclysm80 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:00 am

Piety should have been included in Italian Renaissance, but some set lists that I've seen do not include it. The few online card shops I've found that list it do not have any in stock even though they DO have other Italian Renaissance. Even the websites I looked at in Italy do not seem to have it. Does this card actually exist?

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Italian Renaisance Piety

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:17 am

cataclysm80 wrote:Piety should have been included in Italian Renaissance, but some set lists that I've seen do not include it. The few online card shops I've found that list it do not have any in stock even though they DO have other Italian Renaissance. Even the websites I looked at in Italy do not seem to have it. Does this card actually exist?
Hi

69 cards for Italian Renaissance. 122 for French and German. Piety doesn't exist in Italian.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/sets-reprint-sets.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Piety was originaly printed in Arabian Nights.
Arabian Nights was not printed in Italian.
Piety was reprinted in 4th Edition.
4th Edition was printed in Italian & Italian white border Piety does exist.
Renaissance is supposed to contain black border versions of the cards that were rotating into 4th edition.
It's very odd that Piety does not exist as Italian black border.

Any ideas why this card was skipped (only in Italian) when all of the other cards that rotated into 4th were included in Renaissance? Perhaps religious differences that needed aproval before printing?

Tav

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:32 pm

cataclysm80 wrote:Piety was originaly printed in Arabian Nights.
Renaissance is supposed to contain black border versions of the cards that were rotating into 4th edition.

Any ideas why this card was skipped (only in Italian) when all of the other cards that rotated into 4th were included in Renaissance? Perhaps religious differences that needed aproval before printing?

Tav
Hi Tav

http://www.wizards.com/magic/generic/ca ... alian.html

The Italian version of Renaissance (Rinascimento) had different cards, because Wizards of the Coast's licensee Stratelibri had already printed The Dark (Oscurità) and Legends (Leggende) in their entirety in Italian, and released them in that order, the opposite of the order of the original English versions. Rinascimento instead contained the cards rotated into 4th Edition from the Arabian Nights and Antiquities expansions, plus the cards reprinted in Chronicles from the Arabian Nights and Antiquities expansions

the Italian Renaissance has all that AN & AQ reprinted in either 4E or CH, except Piety is missing.

Piety is a Misprint: Wrong Quran verse - 24:51
"Whoever obeys God and His Prophet, fears God and does his duty to Him, will surely find success."
—The Qur'an, 24:52

French Renaissance Piety Card use: Le Coran, II :148
German Renaissance card use: Der Koran, 24:51

Regarding why Piety was skipped, that's a good question, I will try to retrieve the topic about it, maybe Ende73 can help on that matter.
Last edited by dragsamou on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:11 pm

dragsamou wrote:

Tav
Hi Tav

The Italian version of Renaissance (Rinascimento) had different cards, because Wizards of the Coast's licensee Stratelibri had already printed The Dark (Oscurità) and Legends (Leggende) in their entirety in Italian, and released them in that order, the opposite of the order of the original English versions. Rinascimento instead contained the cards rotated into 4th Edition from the Arabian Nights and Antiquities expansions, plus the cards reprinted in Chronicles from the Arabian Nights and Antiquities expansions

the Italian Renaissance has all that AN & AQ reprinted in either 4E or CH, except Piety is missing.
Regarding why Piety was skipped, that's a good question, I will try to retrieve the topic about it, maybe Ende73 can help on that matter.
Hello,

I read this with interest but unfortunately have no clue why Piety was missing, actually it's the first time I even came to realize this.

I'll try to make some inquiries.

ende73

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:15 pm

ende73 wrote:
dragsamou wrote:

Tav
Hi Tav

Hello,

I read this with interest but unfortunately have no clue why Piety was missing, actually it's the first time I even came to realize this.

I'll try to make some inquiries.

ende73
Hi Enrico

Same here, I have it twice in my Italian Renaissance Set and in my Normal Misprint collection, but never wondered why Piety is missing, could it be because of the Quran Verse, prohibited in Italy by some influent people, like the Pentagram on English Cards ?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 pm

The whole Italian Renaissance set was quite a confusing issue.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:08 am

mystical_tutor wrote:The whole Italian Renaissance set was quite a confusing issue.

Gary
Don't go on the 69 Cards Conspiracy theory Gary :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.