Godpacks

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:14 pm

sib51 wrote:
Gits wrote:If by "Godpack" you mean a booster filled with the wrong quantity of rares, foils and other goodies, I once witnessed the opening of a Alara Reborn box that had 8 rares per pack.
GP Paris 2010 - PTQ
Few players got Zendikar pack with 7-8 Rares/mythic cards.
The HJ decided to give them anothers boosters to play the tournament, but they'd keep the "godpacks" .

They received new boosters and they're 8 rares in them too :-P :-P
I can confirm this, i witnessed myself.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Wow this is a great list. Thanks guys! I'm starting to feel left out though that ever pack I've ever opened has been completely normal :(

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:42 am

l0qii wrote:Wow this is a great list. Thanks guys! I'm starting to feel left out though that ever pack I've ever opened has been completely normal :(
He he, same here...

I also own several hundreds of misprinted card but never had the pleasure of opening one myself (aside from the WB German Swamp - Drudge Skeleton) , even though I did crack quite a few packs and boxes where misprints were relatively common (Revised, Fallen Empires, Ice Age, Homelands).

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:38 am

Never seen a distribution error myself, but I did open the 036 filler card. I was pretty excited about that, even though I can't really prove it's a Magic card now that the pack is open.

I also opened one of the foil Thunderheads that was missing every letter "w" and "y" in the italicized text... in the top 8 of a PTQ. Guildpact was new at the time and I hadn't seen that misprint before. I agonized for most of my minute over whether I had a real shot in the tournament and should draft the good card (Mortify) or hedge my bets and go home with a good misprint. I ended up drafting the good card, the misprint came around the table back to me, and I won the tournament too :)

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 am

gzeiger wrote:Never seen a distribution error myself, but I did open the 036 filler card. I was pretty excited about that, even though I can't really prove it's a Magic card now that the pack is open.

I also opened one of the foil Thunderheads that was missing every letter "w" and "y" in the italicized text... in the top 8 of a PTQ. Guildpact was new at the time and I hadn't seen that misprint before. I agonized for most of my minute over whether I had a real shot in the tournament and should draft the good card (Mortify) or hedge my bets and go home with a good misprint. I ended up drafting the good card, the misprint came around the table back to me, and I won the tournament too :)
You beast, I would have expected nothing less.
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:14 am

sib51 wrote:
Gits wrote:If by "Godpack" you mean a booster filled with the wrong quantity of rares, foils and other goodies, I once witnessed the opening of a Alara Reborn box that had 8 rares per pack.
GP Paris 2010 - PTQ
The HJ decided to give them anothers boosters to play the tournament, but they'd keep the "godpacks" .

Oh yes, and after the event they gave three such packs to each judge. Mine were normal and when I casually mentioned that (I seriously wouldn't complain on something I got for free...), I got them replaced by three proper godpacks. :D Lots of fetchlands, some cobras and other sweet - at that time - stuff. :)

Other than that, during my Lorwyn prerelease a player opened a tournament pack with rares instead of uncommons. I don't remember what was there exactly, I'm only sure about Sower of Temptation and Thoughtseize because I needed them, but anyway - I was happy to accept this pack as my compensation for judging (and the player, of course, received a more fair pool).

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:27 am

In all these years I have never opened any god packs or printing errors other than the "set" errors like Korean 4th Synbad or Alpha errors. I must be jinxed.

Gary

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:44 am

mystical_tutor wrote:In all these years I have never opened any god packs or printing errors other than the "set" errors like Korean 4th Sinbad or Alpha errors. I must be jinxed.

Gary
You opened Alpha, so you are blessed !

Kalle
Librarities Legend

Post by Kalle » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:34 pm

axcel wrote:
sib51 wrote:GP Paris 2010 - PTQ

Oh yes, and after the event they gave three such packs to each judge. Mine were normal and when I casually mentioned that (I seriously wouldn't complain on something I got for free...), I got them replaced by three proper godpacks. :D Lots of fetchlands, some cobras and other sweet - at that time - stuff. :)
Ouch, I received regular boosters too and I did not think about pointing it out since I opened one fetch and I was very happy at the moment. :-(
Kalle, Il
Italian collector, player and judge

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:13 pm

So here is our list so far

Code: Select all

4th Edition (french)	Starter		Rares in common slots	Pennsylvania
Alara Reborn (italian)		Booster		8 rares			Italy
Beta			Starter		Rares in common slots	Washington
Chronicles		Booster		8 rares		Ontario, Canada
Exodus			Booster		15 rares		Ontario, Canada
Homelands		Booster		8 commons		Washington
Legends			Booster		Rares in Unc slots	
Mercadian Masques	Booster		15 foils		??
Mirage			Booster		15 rares		Ontario, Canada
Mirage 			Starter		60 rares		Rome, Italy
Mirrodin		Booster		8 rares			Ontario, Canada
Onslaught		Starter		5-9 rares		Ohio
Prophecy		Booster		15 foils		??
Revised			Booster		No rares		Germany
Revised (italian fbb)	Booster		All dual lands		Italy
Revised			Starter		All rares		Ontario, Canada; Ohio
Visions			Booster		15 rares		??
Zendikar		Booster		7-8 rare/mythic		GP Paris 2010 - PTQ, France

* All packs had the correct total number of cards
Revised Starters had 45 cards right? How many were in Homelands and Chronicles boosters?

Also I'm assuming unless specified all these were in English.
Also(2) please let me know if I got the locations correct. I just put whatever your forum says is your location for some of you, and for others who never specified I need to know where these were opened.
Last edited by l0qii on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:46 pm

HL and CH were 8 cards per booster.

Gits
Librarities Hero

Post by Gits » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Alara Reborn packs were italian, and we were in Italy

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:12 pm

l0qii wrote:Also(2) please let me know if I got the locations correct.
They were bought by the shop in a collection so I am not sure where they originated from, but yes the FBB 4th were in PA.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:59 pm

the 8 card common Homelands came directly for WotC in Seattle. They were "opened" in Korea but I was technically living in Washington at the time (Fort Lewis). Colorado is just an innocent bystander.

Gary

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:42 am

does Jace TMS followed by foil Jace TMS count as god pack?