Misprinted Homelands Rashka?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Keevy Bogsbury
Librarities Member

Misprinted Homelands Rashka?

Post by Keevy Bogsbury » Thu May 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Let me start by saying that this is my first post and I am a new member here. I have been ghosting this forum for about a year now and have been very impressed with the knowledge and collections of the members here. I am only a very small scale collector, but I enjoy reading about what many of you have come across and know about.

Now on with the actual post...

A few months ago I purchased a small lot of cards and found a Rashka The Slayer that looks as though it had the colored ink "washed" over it in the printing process. I do not know anything about the printing process so that is a purely uninformed guess. I attached a few pictures and was hoping people here might give their thoughts on it. For all I know, it could be very common.

I also have an ironroot treefolk whose coloring is much much paler and washed out in appearance than every other I've seen. I expect this is quite common, but figured I'd post a picture here for others to confirm that.

I am not entirely sure on the posting etiquette for posting images, so if I have violated a rule or this is not in the right forum, please let me know. Thanks!

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:41 am

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

The misprints you posted are interesting but extremely common.

The inking problem on Rashka is found very often especially in older sets dating from Fallen Empires to Urza's Saga, though it does happen in more recent sets too.

Going across my collection, I believe Homelands is actually the set that contributed most to that kind of error.

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Fri May 06, 2011 3:38 pm

The Treefolk is also common. Revised had a ton of coloring issues varying between too light and too dark. Some of the too dark ones look awesome though.

Keevy Bogsbury
Librarities Member

Post by Keevy Bogsbury » Sat May 07, 2011 4:19 am

I figured as much, but didn't know. Thanks for the expert input guys. :)

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Mon May 09, 2011 3:21 pm

On the plus side, I finally learned what Channel did in Revised because I could actually read it, unlike the super dark UL printing..;-)
He's just this guy, ya know?