anyone think worldwake is worth it?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:15 pm

wouldnt jace be awesome with doubling season?

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Jace is awesome with...JACE. I opened one at the pre-release, and I didn't lose a single GAME. In most cases, I ended them above 20 life. (6 W/U Allies and a suite of cheap bounce didn't hurt either!)

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Honestly,

I did not enjoy the set, especially Worldwake Sealed. It is the first set I did not feel like attending the release events in 11 years. Yes, I have seen worse sets, but my expectations are higher now. Drop the bomb and there you win is not much fun. Even when it is my bomb...

Like every set, there is something New, something Old and a few overpowered...

ZZW draft is a different story. A fast format has become faster, and it seems there will be more excitement :)

But overall, I am not looking for Worldwake boosters as I did in Zendikar, M10 or Shards Block. Jace alone does not make a set worthy...

jamesham

Post by jamesham » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:26 pm

i think zendikar block - being based on land - offers an extraordinary amount of functionality [lots of potentially useful cards that fit into different decks in different formats] but is a bit vanilla - a bit boring, i mean lands aren't exactly the most exciting part of the game
but yeah lots of usable cards - and especially good commons/uncommons as someone already said - and the singles prices are pretty good [esp. for the manlands which i think are very good] except for the mythics obv.
Underneath all reason lies delirium, and drift. - Deleuze

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:37 pm

The best cards in the set are commons.

Treasure Hunt, Nature's Claim, Bojuka Bog

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:45 pm

I like sets with lots of good commons

Faustgeist

Post by Faustgeist » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:20 pm

I enjoyed myself at the prerelease and have hosted a 20 person tourny with fun results.

It has been said already that is set is a small one, and following a double whammy success of M10 and Zen.. that is just tough to follow.

I bought and opened 3 boxes, 'cuz I am a sucker for cards. It left me with an average of two of every mythic, 4 of every rare, 9 of each uncommon, and 18 of each common.

As a dedicated collector I certainly fulfilled my quota for WorldWake and have a decent selection for play cards.

In fact, I am already over WW... already hungry for information regarding Rise of the Eldrazi. That, I hope, is not botched up.

Best reagrds
~Robin in SC

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:47 pm

In addition to M10 and Zen, Shards block was also a very very good set... Good cards - commons, uncommons and rares - and really fun in every format.

ZEN-ZEN-WW draft will be interesting. And that is what I expect from the set, nothing more... We will see what Rise of Eldrazi will bring to the block.