How to name these New Promos?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

How to name these New Promos?

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Members
So many New Promos, I'm getting lost.How to name these new Promos?
http://wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Artic ... yaboxpromo
Full Box Promos?
How many Exist so far.Only these 3?
In which languages do they exist?
Thanks for your help.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Alexis,

I'm pretty sure there are only these 3 promo's at the moment. I am not sure what languages they have been printed, but I know I have seen:

Honor of the Pure
Japanese

Day of Judgment
Italian

and I think I saw a German copy also, but can't quite remember. I'm sure other members can confirm.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:54 pm

berkumps wrote:Hi Alexis,

I'm pretty sure there are only these 3 promo's at the moment. I am not sure what languages they have been printed, but I know I have seen:

Honor of the Pure
Japanese

Day of Judgment
Italian

and I think I saw a German copy also, but can't quite remember. I'm sure other members can confirm.
Hi Mark
So looks like they exist in the 5 different languages.Do you think Full Box Promo is the right name, as I need to create a new sub-section?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:03 pm

I would maybe call it a "Purchase Incentive Promo".

The reason I say this is because in North America, it was designed that the first 20 people buying a full box from a participating retailer would receive one of these promo's, however in Europe, the following rules applied to obtain one:

For M10 and Zendikar

* Obtain a stamp card from the retailer
* Receive one stamp for every booster you buy.
* Receive five stamps for every Intro Pack you buy.
* Get three BONUS stamps just for playing in Open Dueling at prereleases and launch parties!

Once you have collected 36 stamps, receive a unique promo card in your store

For Worldwake, buy 36 boosters or 5 Intro Packs or 24 boosters and 2 Intro Packs in one of the participating stores in Europe, you can get the special promo card Celestial Colonnade from this store (if stock is available)

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:49 pm

Maybe these should be combined with the foil serra angel promo from the MM box program?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:14 pm

l0qii wrote:Maybe these should be combined with the foil serra angel promo from the MM box program?
Hi Tim
You mean in the Special Purpose Reprints section and Wizards of the Coast Online Store Promos:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/51-rari ... index.html
I'm not too sure that's the appropriate place, let's see what others Members are thinking.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:25 pm

l0qii wrote:Maybe these should be combined with the foil serra angel promo from the MM box program?
I would agree with this. Could eliminate the WotC online store promo section, and place the Serra with these other promo's under an all-encompassing purchase incentive promo heading.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:50 pm

berkumps wrote:
I would agree with this. Could eliminate the WotC online store promo section, and place the Serra with these other promo's under an all-encompassing purchase incentive promo heading.
Hi Mark
The Serra Angel definately belongs to the WotC Online Store Promo sub-section, I believe that I have to ask my webmaster to create a New Section for these type of Promos, point is how to name that section, is a very simple "Store Promos" not the best solution?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Sure, a store promo section with the Serra as a subsection of that would work also.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Serra Angel definately belongs to the WotC Online Store Promo sub-section
Exactly, that's correct. Therefore the Angel has nothing to do with the box promo program. This new program is available worldwide. Both things are different programs. We should present the promo cards regarding the program in which they were released. If we put the new box promos together with the Angel, we have put together all release promos in one section to be logical (as only one example).
Therefore I vote for completely different sections. I would name this new section: 'Full Box Promotion'.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 am

Or 'Buy-a-box Promo', because that's exactly what they are. They are not technically reprints, as the art is alternate within the same set.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:16 am

Mister Foilcard wrote:
Exactly, that's correct. Therefore the Angel has nothing to do with the box promo program. This new program is available worldwide. Both things are different programs. We should present the promo cards regarding the program in which they were released. If we put the new box promos together with the Angel, we have put together all release promos in one section to be logical (as only one example).
Therefore I vote for completely different sections. I would name this new section: 'Full Box Promotion'.
With that explanation, I agree that the Serra should stay where it is, and a new section be made for these 3 promos. I'm not sure about the use of the term "full box" however, because there are ways other than purchasing a full box to obtain the promo (at least in Europe).

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:53 am

berkumps wrote:
Mister Foilcard wrote:
With that explanation, I agree that the Serra should stay where it is, and a new section be made for these 3 promos. I'm not sure about the use of the term "full box" however, because there are ways other than purchasing a full box to obtain the promo (at least in Europe).
Hi Mark
It will be named Full Box Promos, and the section will be changed from Special Purpose Reprints to Special Purpose Cards.I can always change it later, on WOTC they call it "Buy a Box" Promos.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Yeah, everyone on MTGS calls them "Buy-a-Box" promos as well.
And for sure I've seen the Day of Judgment in german.

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:02 pm

preorder promo? seems you only get it when preordering. Sure some people wont get it but that's when the "while supplies last" comes into play no?