Where to buy: Portal/Italian Legends

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Where to buy: Portal/Italian Legends

Post by Mr.C » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:27 am

so, is there an online store where I can buy junk like Baleful Stare and Sylvan Paradise @ less than a dollar apiece? I've been having a hard time finding this sort of stuff at reasonable prices. Any Italian Stores, maybe?

Thanks to whomever can point me in the right direction.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Legends Complete Set

Post by equi-nox76 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:30 am

Hi Valter,

I would have an Italian Complete Legends Set, but I would not like to rip it apart. It is in a Mint condition, maybe 5-7 cards are just M/NM to M/NM+++. Remember that it is very hard to get Italian cards in mint condition :wink: So if you're interested just pm me :-P

If someone has a mint Italian The Dark set please let me know, to be honest in the case of Italian The Dark I would also grade a NM set as mint and NM/EX as NM. I have bought 5 of them now, all described as perfectly mint, the best I got was M/NM+ So for this set my grading is much lower than for English cards :'-(

Question to all Italian members: the ITA Legends set is older than the ITA Dark set, why is the Dark so much more difficult to get in mint???? :-k

Chris

Jeppe
Librarities Legend

Post by Jeppe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:53 am

I have a large number of italian Legends (not the valuable cards), most in NM-M condition. Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular.
My cat collection and my Scathe Zombies collection
Do you have cards that I'm looking for? Let me know!

equi-nox76

Dark/Legends

Post by equi-nox76 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:55 am

Jeppe wrote:I have a large number of italian Legends (not the valuable cards), most in NM-M condition. Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular.
Hi Jesper, I'm just looking for the Dark cards, my ITA Legends sets are absolutely mint now, just selling the 5th one and trying to find at least one mint Dark set. :wink:
Chris

Gary_a_Getty
Librarities Hero

Re: Legends Complete Set

Post by Gary_a_Getty » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:45 pm

equi-nox76 wrote: Question to all Italian members: the ITA Legends set is older than the ITA Dark set, why is the Dark so much more difficult to get in mint???? :-k
Chris
Italian collectors are not particularly known for preserving adequately the complete sets.
We must also consider that at time od the Dark set, true collectors were very few.
Legends was a beautiful and charismatic set, the Dark a little less ...
On ebay italia occasionally you can found a set of Italian Dark, but you must be lucky to find it in mint condition.

Kalle
Librarities Legend

Post by Kalle » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:10 pm

equi-nox76 wrote:Question to all Italian members: the ITA Legends set is older than the ITA Dark set, why is the Dark so much more difficult to get in mint???? :-k
Actually ITA The Dark set is older than ITA Legends set.
I agree on Gary remark about italian collectors not being very careful on their cards condition.
Kalle, Il
Italian collector, player and judge

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Seller aren't neither.

Received a bunch of cards yesterday from Italy, and the cards were not Near Mint/Mint when they were new releases !!!!!

equi-nox76

Post by equi-nox76 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:27 am

Gary_a_Getty wrote:On ebay italia occasionally you can found a set of Italian Dark, but you must be lucky to find it in mint condition.
I bought a lot on Ebay, al for about 75-90 Euro + shipping and stated as mint :-(
Kalle wrote:Actually ITA The Dark set is older than ITA Legends set.
Didn't know that :-O

Chris

Gary_a_Getty
Librarities Hero

Post by Gary_a_Getty » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:02 pm

equi-nox76 wrote:
Gary_a_Getty wrote:On ebay italia occasionally you can found a set of Italian Dark, but you must be lucky to find it in mint condition.
I bought a lot on Ebay, al for about 75-90 Euro + shipping and stated as mint :-(
Sometimes the "Italian mint" is a little less "mint" than "International mint" ..... :-P

Kalle
Librarities Legend

Post by Kalle » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:22 pm

equi-nox76 wrote:
Kalle wrote:Actually ITA The Dark set is older than ITA Legends set.
Didn't know that :-O
The Italian Dark were released in late winter/early spring 1995, while the Italian Legends were released in autumn 1995.
I guess that's because it's safer to start re-printing a smaller set and see how well it does in the market than to start with the biggest one.
Kalle, Il
Italian collector, player and judge

equi-nox76

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:54 am

Gary_a_Getty wrote:
equi-nox76 wrote:
Sometimes the "Italian mint" is a little less "mint" than "International mint" ..... :-P
I know :-P I have suited my grading for Italian cards accordingly ;)
Chris