Gencon Indy

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

house_atreides
Librarities Legend

Gencon Indy

Post by house_atreides » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:40 pm

Hi,

House Atreides will be at Gencon Indy this year, selling collectible Role Playing books and games (yeah, shameless plug, but not really relevant to this board :-D ).

What IS relevant is this: do many Magic collectors attend this event? Cards are heavy, and we are tight on flying weight limits, so I am wondering if its worth bringing over some oddities and rarities or not. I wouldnt bring any "normal" cards - just not worth it I think - but maybe some misprints etc.

Any opinions from ppl who've been to Indy before much appreciated.

Cheers,
Karen

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:01 am

hi karen, I dont think big lots would be realy worth it.
But some nice things in a binder or two, should find place somehow!
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

heartagram420
Librarities Hero

Post by heartagram420 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:21 am

i go every year, and i never see dealers with a lot of misprints/rarities/oddities, so i think it would be pretty cool to bring some. like pickle said, a few binders of cool stuff would probably be enough to draw in some potential buyers.

-alex

Leocrazy
Librarities Hero

Post by Leocrazy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:26 am

I`ll be there this year, most likely
Also i hope to visit Origing, but i am not sure
Better be lucky then good

Apocalypse2K
Legendary Apocalypse Tempest Collector

Post by Apocalypse2K » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:27 pm

I will make my debut GenCon from Japan.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:34 pm

First of all, collectors absolutely attend Gen Con. When I lived in Chicago it was the time of year i most looked forward to, so that i could shop and get cards signed by artists.

There are few sellers that bring big lots of cards, and they're always well-browsed. Two years ago (last time I went) i visited every store with boxes of cards with my friend (necksore), hoping to find foreign singles. Almost nobody had them, but the two or three that did had a lot of shoppers. There were two instances where I was shopping a booth and had another kid come up and ask if they had foreign cards. There weren't many non-english cards at the whole con, but it seemed like there was a market for them.

I can't say for sure there's ENOUGH of a market to justify bringing thousands of foreign cards, but you should absolutely plan on bringing rarities.

I plan on being there for work this year, so I promise to come shop your booth if you do!