New test prints soon?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Layalouhamesh

New test prints soon?

Post by Layalouhamesh » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi everyone! First post here although I've been roaming the site for years and years :D
I've read on a Discord channel that new test prints are supposed to be released soon. Anybody has more info on that? I guess it has a connection to the legendary frame that came out in Dominaria?

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: New test prints soon?

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:34 am

Layalouhamesh wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:01 pm
Hi everyone! First post here although I've been roaming the site for years and years :D
I've read on a Discord channel that new test prints are supposed to be released soon. Anybody has more info on that? I guess it has a connection to the legendary frame that came out in Dominaria?
Hi

What's Discord channel ? Was it an announcement from someone at WotC or just a rumor ? Test prints are never released, they only show up on the secondary market from time to time. So far, I have no info or heard about those.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Layalouhamesh

Post by Layalouhamesh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 am

Yeah no news anymore from my side. It was thrown in the Legacy Lands discord by a guy who has some contacts with numerous test prints, including a full set of m15 lands

TheJGit
Legendary Beginner's Guide Author

Post by TheJGit » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:11 pm

dragsamou wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:34 am
What's Discord channel ?
Discord is an application that's essentially just a glorified chat room. It has voice chat features too. A channel is pretty much a specific chat room. Many hobbies and sub communities use it. It's neat, but I've always just used it to hang out/voice chat with friends while playing video games.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:34 pm

TheJGit wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:11 pm
dragsamou wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:34 am
What's Discord channel ?
Discord is an application that's essentially just a glorified chat room. It has voice chat features too. A channel is pretty much a specific chat room. Many hobbies and sub communities use it. It's neat, but I've always just used it to hang out/voice chat with friends while playing video games.
Thanks, I don't use any application or chat rooms therefore my question.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Layalouhamesh

Post by Layalouhamesh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:45 pm

Sorry, I missed the 's after the what. I believed you were asking for which one.

About test prints and the secondary market, how do they appear, apart from theft and trash exploration?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:56 am

Layalouhamesh wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:45 pm
Sorry, I missed the 's after the what. I believed you were asking for which one.

About test prints and the secondary market, how do they appear, apart from theft and trash exploration?
Trash exploration ? You mean test prints being put in the public garbage ? If so, this is an urban legend. Test prints are mainly coming from WotC R&D employees or ex employees others came from printing facilities.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Layalouhamesh

Post by Layalouhamesh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:18 am

dragsamou wrote: Trash exploration ? You mean test prints being put in the public garbage ? If so, this is an urban legend. Test prints are mainly coming from WotC R&D employees or ex employees others came from printing facilities.
I was more thinking of someone sneaking in to check their trash but yeah that was the idea.
I thought that employees were not supposed to take cards out. Is there an exception for r&d and that rule only applies for final products?