Goblin Masons Global Set Complete!

Web Galleries of Individual Members Collections

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, mystical_tutor

OGB
Librarities Hero

Goblin Masons Global Set Complete!

Post by OGB » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:06 am

I have finally finished my Goblin Masons global set after 3+ years! A special thanks goes out to several people (including lots of members here on ML) that have helped along the way - ritnecrowin (got me started on the idea), Tha Gunslinga (two HUGE contributions), horta, bertie (Spanish foil - the last one I needed), Apocalypse1150, Glenn Bickham, Michael French, and my buddy PT (gifted to me the original artwork for my wedding).

I'd like to post pictures of the entire set, but until I can figure out how to shrink the picture size, I'll just post some of the highlights:

My custom playmat, by Tom Gartin:

Sketched AP.
I met Tony DiTerlizzi a few months ago, and we had a chance to chat for about 15 minutes. He was just an awesome dude to talk to. Super gracious, funny, and genuinely interested in our conversation. I met him at a book signing, and despite tons of people waiting for him, he was 100% engaged the entire time. I really can't say enough about how cool he was. It's funny - I had him sign the original artwork (not on the actual piece, on the white border surrounding it) and he was telling me all sorts of things about the piece and what it was like being an artist for WOTC at the time. The piece has a sticker mark in the lower right hand corner, where a price tag once was. He said that this indicated the piece had been at GenCon. I had also brought a few cards for him to sign, and while he was signing, I remarked that WOTC had removed the pair of dice that was in the original artwork Tony submitted to them (probably because of a gambling-related reason). He literally had no idea this had happened until I told him! I found it so awesome that he was giving me all these little nuggets of info on the artwork and I was able to give one right back to him. Anyways, back to it...

These next two I owe to Tha Gunslinga:
Foil misprint - text shifted down

Textless foil:
There were two of these test prints on ebay some years ago - Goblin Masons and Bubbling Muck. I was outbid on the Masons by a thin margin, and somewhat dejected. I knew 'Slinga a bit from MOTL and knew that he was the misprint guru, so I messaged him and asked if he knew who won the textless foil Masons. Well, it turns out HE was the winner! We eventually settled on a trade and I had the crown jewel of my collection. Until...

Original Artwork
My buddy PT is a former Scrye coverage reporter, and someone who has been around the game since practically the beginning (I really should urge him to join this site, he'd have some nice contributions). He was also an usher in my wedding back in September, and gave me one of the most meaningful gifts I've EVER received. He knew I had been looking for this for quite some time, and when I opened it I literally broke down in tears.

I think this is a good start. There are a few other things I'd like to add, but until I figure out how to shrink the photos, those'll have to wait.

Again, a big thank you to all who helped, and to the ML community in general. You guys are all fantastic.
Last edited by OGB on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gits
Librarities Hero

Post by Gits » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Really, really cool! Congrats!

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:26 pm

WOooooooow! this is fantastic! a true gem!

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:50 pm

=D>

Very Nice!!!!