Mysticaly Tutoring for your web appearances

Web Galleries of Individual Members Collections

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, mystical_tutor

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:07 am

Looks like there is progress in sight. Found a guy that knows how to build web sites that is getting me started with that end of it.

I think my first presentation will the the 3,600 + historical display of all the basic edition cards through 7th Edition. Now I just have to figure out how to take pictures of them with out plastic glare screwing them up.

Anyone out there that might give me some hints on lighting or filters that might help?

This is the display in its mounted form:

I can take the pages out to shoot them but of course each card is in a plastic pocket and I really don't want to take them out of those. So if I can shoot them in the plastic pockets without too much glare I should be good to go.

Suggestions are very welcome.

Gary

AbsolutAlphas
Librarities Hero

Post by AbsolutAlphas » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Awesome display, Gary.

Is your scanner not big enough for the 9-pocket page? That's what I did. Just scanned all the pages and cropped the images to be the same size.

http://fungusaur.xtreemhost.com/index.php?p=1_5_Gallery

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:33 pm

AbsolutAlphas wrote:Awesome display, Gary.

Is your scanner not big enough for the 9-pocket page? That's what I did. Just scanned all the pages and cropped the images to be the same size.

http://fungusaur.xtreemhost.com/index.php?p=1_5_Gallery
Very nice shots. Yes my scanner will take a 9-pocket pages but in this case the pockets are seldom in 3x9 sections. All non used pockets were removed. More importantly, though is that the pockets are attached to the sheets (I hope...).
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

AbsolutAlphas
Librarities Hero

Post by AbsolutAlphas » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Oh, I understand now. Wow, that's a tough one. I have a similar problem when I try to take a picture of my Alpha Fungis all at one time. If you look, you'll see that I really have to put an angle on the shot to keep the glare from showing up. Have you tried google-ing it. Maybe you can disable your camera's flash and just take the pictures in a well lit room.

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:47 pm

I thought about that too, maybe a HD Video can do the work?
nice music with it and maybe thats a solution!
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:50 pm

AbsolutAlphas wrote:Oh, I understand now. Wow, that's a tough one. I have a similar problem when I try to take a picture of my Alpha Fungis all at one time. If you look, you'll see that I really have to put an angle on the shot to keep the glare from showing up. Have you tried google-ing it. Maybe you can disable your camera's flash and just take the pictures in a well lit room.
In addition, when I shoot the whole page the page is "warped" with the center wider than the ends, though it is really rectangle. It must be something to do with cameras and lenses that I am not up on. It looks like this;

So I am trying to take more shots of each page and see if I can match them in Photoshop or some such.
Last edited by mystical_tutor on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:52 pm

pickle.69 wrote:I thought about that too, maybe a HD Video can do the work?
nice music with it and maybe thats a solution!
Humm, music, of course that will fix it. Lets see, Elvis and Blue Suede Shoes! Now I can go for that.... hehe.
Gary Adkison

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:06 pm

mystical_tutor wrote: In addition, when I shoot the whole page the page is "warped" with the center wider than the ends, though it is really rectangle. It must be something to do with cameras and lenses that I am not up on. It looks like this;
This can be repaired with your GfxProgram, it's usual when you take a photo, I think it's called pincushion distortion.

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Here is my collection of Summer lands. The graded ones are 10's. Hit my goal of 100 so time to move on to the next project. Hmm, maybe a PSA 10 set of all 15 basics?

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:20 pm

i_set_fire wrote:...time to move on to the next project. Hmm, maybe a PSA 10 set of all 15 basics?
I say do it. If you do, you gonna send in any of your current basics for grading, or just try to acquire them already graded 10?

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:17 pm

berkumps wrote:
i_set_fire wrote:...time to move on to the next project. Hmm, maybe a PSA 10 set of all 15 basics?
I say do it. If you do, you gonna send in any of your current basics for grading, or just try to acquire them already graded 10?
I will probably start by sending in some of mine. I should be able to get at least a PSA 9 of every one except the 2 branch dark swamp. Many of the lands I have are pack fresh. I will need to go through and get the best ones though and probably a couple back ups to be safe.

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Hmmm.. no link to my collection?
Okay, I stopped it 5 years ago, but I still think it qualifies for this thread ;)

www.chez.com/erl00

lickaneye

Post by lickaneye » Sun May 29, 2011 10:00 pm

Nice...may need to work on posting some stuff in here.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Erl00 wrote:Hmmm.. no link to my collection?
Okay, I stopped it 5 years ago, but I still think it qualifies for this thread ;)

www.chez.com/erl00
That is really really really interesting. I studied it as best as I could but I don't think there is anything I can add for you.

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:23 pm

lickaneye wrote:Nice...may need to work on posting some stuff in here.
Please do. Privet collections are the foundation of what we collectors are about and they need to be published.

Gary