Test Prints Update from HTML to Dynamic Verification 29/11

Everything that's missing in the Magic Rarities, Magic Card Sets, Magic Memorabilia and Magazine and Comics Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:35 am

Josef,

For Exodus test prints (second series), I have never seen a -1 gold text border CoT. I have, however, seen a 1 gold text border CoT. I believe it is 1, not -1. Only CoT exists with numbering other than +1/-1, as only CoTs were used to test for coloured text borders. The rest were only +1/-1 as far as I have seen. Not sure if there is also a pattern with the symbols, as +1/-1 sotfs, for example, look very similar with regards to the foiling, but some have different coloured symbols.

Also, you lost me a bit with the +1/-1 on the silver bordered Exodus foils. I don't believe sb foils actually had +1/-1, and I've never seen any with numbering. Are you referring to dark/light with the +1/-1?

For Judgment test prints, the list you have is the exact list I kept to document Judgment test prints, but there are probably more in existence. The sheet is likely 11x11, which makes a lot more sense to have 60 x 2 + 1 filler.

Anyway, to get started on 5D, details as follows.

Foil front, no non-foil ones in existence as I know of.
JSS-style foiling, ie used to test sunburst foiling.
Only round, typical corners. No square corners.
White backed, thinner than normal magic card.
Symbols all actual symbols.

Ones that I know of:
EE
Vedalken Shackles
Staff of Domination
Hoverguard Sweepers
Spectral Shift
Beacon of Creation
Rude Awakening

All rares, possibility of having 110 sheet (55rares x 2), although no one knows if wotc used a smaller sheet (like Proposal for instance), if either uncommons or commons were tested (55rares + 55c/u = 110; 5D had a 55/55/55 r/u/c split) or if other test prints were destroyed.

Also, @ Alexis:

If you need better scans of any test prints, you can let me know. I don't have all of mine scanned but I at least have some from every edition scanned.

the swiss
Librarities Legend

Post by the swiss » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:24 am

ouallada wrote:
the swiss wrote:8E with Unglued Symbl:

2 variations one the non-foil and foil cards:

brightly and darkly
There are technically more than those, I believe. Nonfoil, foil, old foiling, timeshifted foiling.
Hi Favian

Allright, leaving the easy way:

Non-foil:

brightly and darkly = 2 variations

Foil:

For me they using the timeshiftet foiling

Variation brightly:

picture and textbox not foiled

Variation darkly:

Entire card foiled

I hope this help.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:40 am

Actually, timeshifted foiling is not really the correct term for it. The lighter ones have the text box and picture unfoiled, yes. That was done the same way old foils were handled. The darker ones (both the one Brian sold to Patrick and the one I own) were actually pioneers of a new foiling process that eliminated print lines post 8e. I'm not sure if there are any dark ones that are foiled the old way and if there are any lighter ones foiled with the new method. It's different from the way older test prints with the textbox and picture foiled were created. If I have the time, I will illustrate using a picture or two.

the swiss
Librarities Legend

Post by the swiss » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:21 pm

ouallada wrote: Anyway, to get started on 5D, details as follows.

Ones that I know of:
EE
Vedalken Shackles
Staff of Domination
Hoverguard Sweepers
Spectral Shift
Beacon of Creation
Rude Awakening

All rares, possibility of having 110 sheet (55rares x 2), although no one knows if wotc used a smaller sheet (like Proposal for instance), if either uncommons or commons were tested (55rares + 55c/u = 110; 5D had a 55/55/55 r/u/c split) or if other test prints were destroyed.

I have the information: sheet 110 - 2 x 55 rares, no c and u.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:14 pm

ouallada wrote: Also, @ Alexis:
If you need better scans of any test prints, you can let me know. I don't have all of mine scanned but I at least have some from every edition scanned.
Hi Favian
Have a look at what is missing in the Index, Exodus Test Prints and Other or if you have better scans. 600 DPI no Auto-Tone, and clean card that's what will be the best. Let me know as I'm working onto another update.

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/711-rar ... index.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

the swiss
Librarities Legend

Post by the swiss » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:15 pm

ouallada wrote:Josef,

For Exodus test prints (second series), I have never seen a -1 gold text border CoT. I have, however, seen a 1 gold text border CoT. I believe it is 1, not -1. Only CoT exists with numbering other than +1/-1, as only CoTs were used to test for coloured text borders. The rest were only +1/-1 as far as I have seen. Not sure if there is also a pattern with the symbols, as +1/-1 sotfs, for example, look very similar with regards to the foiling, but some have different coloured symbols.

Also, you lost me a bit with the +1/-1 on the silver bordered Exodus foils. I don't believe sb foils actually had +1/-1, and I've never seen any with numbering. Are you referring to dark/light with the +1/-1?
Hi Favian

I have a CoT -1 with STAR and gold box, but missing the number 1 with STAR and gold box. For that reason it is very important to now If you have seen -1 or 1 (I believe.... is not good enough).

On the documentation I have (back on cards) + 2 and + 3 must exists for the Memory Crystal and Oath of Lieges. Memory Crystal I have +2 and +3 but not Oath of Lieges (somebody posted about that in a topic ?).

The silver bordered cards have the original symbol and NO NUMBERS.

Thanks for feedback.

the swiss
Librarities Legend

Post by the swiss » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 pm

ouallada wrote: For Judgment test prints, the list you have is the exact list I kept to document Judgment test prints, but there are probably more in existence. The sheet is likely 11x11, which makes a lot more sense to have 60 x 2 + 1 filler.
Perhaps a sheet with 121 and mor than 1 filler, or a sheet with 110 cards and the 57 cards known not with 2 variation, or.......

Look at the Index of the RARITIES: for the moment 114 cards are known.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:04 pm

the swiss wrote:
ouallada wrote: Anyway, to get started on 5D, details as follows.

Ones that I know of:
EE
Vedalken Shackles
Staff of Domination
Hoverguard Sweepers
Spectral Shift
Beacon of Creation
Rude Awakening

I have the information: sheet 110 - 2 x 55 rares, no c and u.
Great, thanks for the info :)

the swiss
Librarities Legend

Post by the swiss » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:05 pm

ouallada wrote:Actually, timeshifted foiling is not really the correct term for it. The lighter ones have the text box and picture unfoiled, yes. That was done the same way old foils were handled. The darker ones (both the one Brian sold to Patrick and the one I own) were actually pioneers of a new foiling process that eliminated print lines post 8e. I'm not sure if there are any dark ones that are foiled the old way and if there are any lighter ones foiled with the new method. It's different from the way older test prints with the textbox and picture foiled were created. If I have the time, I will illustrate using a picture or two.
Again:

The non foil cards exist brightly and darkly.

Foil: called new method or........

The brigthly card was foiled without picture and textbox and the darkly card was foiled on the entire card (both with the new method).

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:33 pm

dragsamou wrote:
Hi Favian
Have a look at what is missing in the Index, Exodus Test Prints and Other or if you have better scans. 600 DPI no Auto-Tone, and clean card that's what will be the best. Let me know as I'm working onto another update.

I don't have all my cards scanned, but I can start by helping with a few:

The EE -- is my scan but you removed the watermark. Here it is without the watermark.

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... =EE2-1.jpg

Better scan of the 8e island:
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... d008-1.jpg

+1 sotf (common)
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... t=sotf.jpg

Better scan of +3 red/blue cots:
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... cotred.png
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... otblue.png

Still have quite a few others that I just haven't taken scans of or that are scanned in low quality. Use these first.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:38 pm

the swiss wrote:
ouallada wrote:Actually, timeshifted foiling is not really the correct term for it. The lighter ones have the text box and picture unfoiled, yes. That was done the same way old foils were handled. The darker ones (both the one Brian sold to Patrick and the one I own) were actually pioneers of a new foiling process that eliminated print lines post 8e. I'm not sure if there are any dark ones that are foiled the old way and if there are any lighter ones foiled with the new method. It's different from the way older test prints with the textbox and picture foiled were created. If I have the time, I will illustrate using a picture or two.
Again:

The brigthly card was foiled without picture and textbox and the darkly card was foiled on the entire card (both with the new method).
Yes, nonfoil exists in both light and dark versions.

Hmmm, let me check on the scans I have of the light ones to confirm this. The impression I have is that one was tested with old foiling (the light one). Let me get back on this. You may be right, though.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:39 pm

the swiss wrote:
ouallada wrote:Josef,

Hi Favian

I have a CoT -1 with STAR and gold box, but missing the number 1 with STAR and gold box.
Let me look for the scan.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am

ouallada wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
Hi Favian

I don't have all my cards scanned, but I can start by helping with a few:

The EE -- is my scan but you removed the watermark. Here it is without the watermark.

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... =EE2-1.jpg

Better scan of the 8e island:
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... d008-1.jpg

+1 sotf (common)
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... t=sotf.jpg

Better scan of +3 red/blue cots:
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... cotred.png
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... otblue.png

Still have quite a few others that I just haven't taken scans of or that are scanned in low quality. Use these first.
Hi Favian
I have used those scans, and worked on them so they can look better, if possible please send me scans of the card in a straight position, otherwise the result is really not that good. Thanks.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:58 am

Sorry about that, haven't had the chance to get new scans yet, will have to wait a while more for those.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:50 am

ouallada wrote:
the swiss wrote:
Again:

Yes, nonfoil exists in both light and dark versions.

Hmmm, let me check on the scans I have of the light ones to confirm this. The impression I have is that one was tested with old foiling (the light one). Let me get back on this. You may be right, though.
Just to confirm, what I've said is roughly correct. 2 different foiling methods, one the post-8e method which got rid of cutlines, one old-school foiling with nonfoil textbox/picture. There is a light/dark version for each.

Have sent you a PM as well.