Foil Elvish Champion Junior Series

Everything that's missing in the Magic Rarities, Magic Card Sets, Magic Memorabilia and Magazine and Comics Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:10 pm

TerraFrost wrote:Is the Elvish Champion going to be added to the http://magiclibrarities.net/331-raritie ... -2008.html page?

There's one for sale on eBay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261301439340?lpid=82
Hi

It will be of course. The one that you just show is not a Magic Scholarship Series Promos (J08) but a Junior Series Promos (E08), and there's a scan already :)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

trojanbomber52
Librarities Hero

Post by trojanbomber52 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:25 pm

If that link had been an Elvish Champion MSS (J08) for sale I would have bought it long ago.
The reason Libraritites is missing only that scan is because that is the only version I don't have and have recently supplied the scans for several of the others that had been previously missing. Here are pictures of the 7 out of 8 that I do have and you can easily see the difference in the logos behind the text for each version. If anyone can guide me to where I can find the Elvish Champion (J08) I will accept any reasonable offer. Thanks.

Magic Scholarship Series (J08)

European Junior Series (E08)

APAC Series (U08)

Japan Junior Tournament Series (N08)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:32 pm

trojanbomber52 wrote: The reason Libraritites is missing only that scan is because that is the only version I don't have and have recently supplied the scans for several of the others that had been previously missing.
Hi Ryan

The reason on top of yours is else (Thanks for the scans by the way), I do own the Elvish Champion Magic Scholarship Series (J08), I do own also the Whirling Dervish APAC missing also, I'm so jealous of both APAC Elvish and Anthem that you own, I do miss also the Shard Phoenix APAC (I just can blame myself for that, long story...). So today, I spend on top of the fixing of the fillers subsection , 1 hour to scan the Elvish Champion MSS and Whirling APAC, when I saw the result, I freak out, and didn't add the scans, so I will do better next time ](*,) #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:55 pm

dragsamou wrote:
trojanbomber52 wrote: The reason Libraritites is missing only that scan is because that is the only version I don't have and have recently supplied the scans for several of the others that had been previously missing.
Hi Ryan

The reason on top of yours is else (Thanks for the scans by the way), I do own the Elvish Champion Magic Scholarship Series (J08), I do own also the Whirling Dervish APAC missing also, I'm so jealous of both APAC Elvish and Anthem that you own, I do miss also the Shard Phoenix APAC (I just can blame myself for that, long story...). So today, I spend on top of the fixing of the fillers subsection , 1 hour to scan the Elvish Champion MSS and Whirling APAC, when I saw the result, I freak out, and didn't add the scans, so I will do better next time ](*,) #-o
So you do own the MSS Elvish Champion (J08)? I have never seen this card before.

I did not know APAC Whirling Dervish was that difficult to find? I should have kept the 5+ I've sold several years ago for peanuts :(

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:01 pm

berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
Hi Ryan

So you do own the MSS Elvish Champion (J08)? I have never seen this card before.

I did not know APAC Whirling Dervish was that difficult to find? I should have kept the 5+ I've sold several years ago for peanuts :(
Yes Mark, tomorrow if I have time, I will make another attempt at scanning, but the Foil process used is a Nightmare to scan, any APAC Promos are amazingly hard to find already when they came out, so even more now, not mentioning the price...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:34 pm

dragsamou wrote:Yes Mark, tomorrow if I have time, I will make another attempt at scanning, but the Foil process used is a Nightmare to scan,...
What type of scanner are you using (make/model)? Is it a CCD or CIS type?

trojanbomber52
Librarities Hero

Post by trojanbomber52 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:39 pm

The 3 that I don't own and would love to find someone selling a copy are:
MSS: Elvish Champion
APAC: Shard Phoenix, Whirling Dervish

Alexis - my scanner seems to do pretty well in scanning these foils so if you were willing to sell me the two that you do have I would gladly supply the scans for the site . :-D
I currently use an Epson WorkForce 600 all-in-one scanner.

I had a chance at the MSS Elvish Champion about a year ago and lost on a last second bid, still kicking myself for that one.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:44 pm

trojanbomber52 wrote:The 3 that I don't own and would love to find someone selling a copy are:
MSS: Elvish Champion
APAC: Shard Phoenix, Whirling Dervish

Alexis - my scanner seems to do pretty well in scanning these foils so if you were willing to sell me the two that you do have I would gladly supply the scans for the site . :-D
I currently use an Epson WorkForce 600 all-in-one scanner.

I had a chance at the MSS Elvish Champion about a year ago and lost on a last second bid, still kicking myself for that one.
I have an Epson Perfection V550 CCD type, and it seems to work nicely. I've noticed an effect if I rotate the foils 90 degrees, I get different effect, so this could be something to keep in mind.

I will mention that CCD type scanner is awesome for scanning graded cards, and I much prefer Epson software to Canon and the like.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:21 am

berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Yes Mark, tomorrow if I have time, I will make another attempt at scanning, but the Foil process used is a Nightmare to scan,...
What type of scanner are you using (make/model)? Is it a CCD or CIS type?
Hi Mark

My scanner is from The Antiquities extension a Canonscan Lide 500F :wink:

I have added the 2 scans, it's a Disaster #-o I put them here also....

Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.