Problems,Bugs,etc....On The Librarities Forum

Whenever you encounter a problem, a typo error, etc... On the Forum, Magic Rarities, Magic Cards Sets, Magazine
Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Problems,Bugs,etc....On The Librarities Forum

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:54 am

cataclysm80 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 am
It looks like we have a pretty big problem.
The image hosting service http://www.hostingpics.net/ used on the Librarities forum says that they've shut down at the beginning of the new year.
No more new pictures can be hosted.
All images that are currently hosted will be up for only a few more months, and then they'll all be deleted.

Similar to the Photobucket issue, all of the pics will be disappearing soon, and a replacement hosting service will need to be found.
Yes, I've just realized that right now, this is another huge disaster. Point to find another free hosting pics service might be useless as they can shut down anytime. It took me so much time to fix some posts after the Photobucket fiasco and now this.
It is with regret that we announce you at the beginning of this year the final closure of the site.

We have done our best to maintain the activity but we have to make this decision after more than 9 years to offer you this service completely free from the first day.

Thank you to everyone who participated and made us live during all these years

It is no longer possible to send images, however we leave them online for several months to allow those who wish to retrieve them.
Thank you again for the trust you have given us.

The Hostingpics Team
I need to go through this article whenever I will have time:
https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-hos ... es-3486329
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:44 pm

So can we all retrieve images from our threads and reupload them when a new option becomes available?

I probably have most of the images I have used recently as I am storing them a bit better.

Sorry to hear about this!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:09 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:44 pm
So can we all retrieve images from our threads and reupload them when a new option becomes available?

I probably have most of the images I have used recently as I am storing them a bit better.

Sorry to hear about this!
Hi Mark

Yes, we will have few monthes to retrieve the pics to be uploaded after. On the new post that I just did, I have given a try at Google Photos, the process to add a pic is longer, and looks like it can't be done without a proper manual resizing (it was done automatically on Hostingpics) to prevent distorsion, I need to read further about it and have also a look at Imgur and Flickr.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Post by BillBo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:10 am

cataclysm80 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 am
It looks like we have a pretty big problem.
While I'm not affected, I'm truly sorry to hear this. If, within the next few months, the forum needs a few additional man-hours for menial clean-up tasks, let me know — happy to help!
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128