New promo land series

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

New promo land series

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:57 pm

At present there is no official announcement on this but I'll give you what I have.

“Wizards of the Coast, recognizing the importance of the world Magic: the gathering community will introduce a new appreciation promotion recognizing the uniqueness of the countries in which MTG is popular. With pictures of special features of each country, land and legendary land cards will depict natural beauty and unique places. The Legendary lands will feature abilities that fit the special location on the card.
These lands will be given out as reward for product purchase through the year. Product purchase requirements, frequency and other details will be determined by local distributors as it was with the APAC and EURO land promotions. The big difference will be that this is scheduled to be an ongoing promotion with a new country each year and released in connection with the new core set. Thus it will be Australia this year in connection with M-15 and go alphabetically through countries that have notable MTG populations.

Because they contain new game mechanics only the pictures of some of the new Legendary Lands are available at this time.

This new series will be called Magic: The world over.

Last edited by mystical_tutor on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:10 pm

WOW... that's really cool.

Sigh, my wallet can't take much more of this. :-(

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:24 am

That explains the posters in the games shops over here, I thought they were for a tournament to be held in Oz, I should probably pay more attention.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:38 am

I will take this as the April 1st joke, since berkumps godpacks looked too much legit ^^

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Darn, can't fool anyone anymore. Guess i should have posted it next month but I didn't want any heart attacks (you can put your wallet back Jared).

This is the way I am introducing my Christmas gift from "I'll bet you can figure out who". I really wanted to put this up then but it just didn't seem the right thing to do at Christmas.

There are about a hundred foil cards all with scenes from Australia--not all are land cards--I love the "destroy all forests" (remember Acid Rain?). I will try to get them up in Mail Brag but am concerned about the copyrighted stuff that is on them like mana symbols.

They are really really cool in my Commander deck.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:01 am

Did you get your very own expansion symbol?

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:12 am

Bloody Oath he did!

Which apparently means "Yes, of course!" in Australian

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:14 pm

And I still haven't figured out whether it is a turkey or santa clause on the barbecue grill....
Gary Adkison

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:57 pm

It's Santa's hat over the Numeral X, for Tenth Edition Christmas!

Though If I could have made a turkey it would have been waaaay better, damn those tiny pixels :)