Foil Art @ PT Valencia

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Foil Art @ PT Valencia

Post by BillBo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:43 am

I figured some members might be intrigued:
Artists Peter Mohrbacher, Ryan Barger, and Tyler Jacobson will be signing limited-edition foil art prints available only at the Pro Tour.
Source: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... 2013/PTBNG
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:34 pm

It certainly is. The last line sure got my attention too. Another thing to collect?

"A customized token generator will be on site to put your picture on a creature token from the world of Theros."

Well, my wife wanted to know where we will go for our 35th anneversary (14 Feb). I now have a suggestion.

Looks like there will be more really hard to get cards. And, now add tokens?

If I am reading right the signing and tokens will only be done on Sunday.

sigh....
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:51 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:

sigh....
That confused me too. Is the signing only on Sunday, I couldn't figure it out even after a second read and a third read. My English is not that good in the end I assume....

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:04 pm

kalimno wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:

sigh....
That confused me too. Is the signing only on Sunday, I couldn't figure it out even after a second read and a third read. My English is not that good in the end I assume....
Let me help Ari...
Pazar günkü Top 8 eylem etrafında parantez, her şerit Magic oyuncuları memnun etmek için Pazar günü şenlikleri tam bir barut var.
:-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Have they changed their logic for Pro Tours? About a year or two ago they announced that Pro Tours would be closed to the public, and they were allowing each competitor only 1 guest for entry.

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:27 pm

dragsamou wrote: Let me help Ari...
Pazar günkü Top 8 eylem etrafında parantez, her şerit Magic oyuncuları memnun etmek için Pazar günü şenlikleri tam bir barut var.
:-D
Merci, mais pour votre information ce n'est pas une bonne traduction. A vrai dire, c'est comme une enigme.

But thanks for trying :)

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:31 am

Blood wrote:Have they changed their logic for Pro Tours? About a year or two ago they announced that Pro Tours would be closed to the public, and they were allowing each competitor only 1 guest for entry.
That was one of the first questions I had but i assumed from the write up that all that has gone away. This looks like it is set up to have a crowd watching, on big screens or from the other side of the rails. I wondered how being a virtual hero only would go over. Evidently not real well. Champs like hand shakes, people in the audience, cheering, etc. Looking out on the vast crowd behind the TV cameras is really kinda hollow.

My question is "what Magic" did the two only dealers do to get selected. I am really interested in that... Did they have to pay WotC for the "space" at the event? If so I wonder how much.....

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Post by BillBo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:48 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:My question is "what Magic" did the two only dealers do to get selected. I am really interested in that
Gary:

One of the two dealers selected is CardhouseGames. That store seems to be in the same city that the ebay seller "kid icarus" is, so my guarded guess is that they might very well be the same store. If so, then you could try and just ask them since kidicarus2000 is a forum member.
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:38 am

BillBo wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:My question is "what Magic" did the two only dealers do to get selected. I am really interested in that
Gary:

One of the two dealers selected is CardhouseGames. That store seems to be in the same city that the ebay seller "kid icarus" is, so my guarded guess is that they might very well be the same store. If so, then you could try and just ask them since kidicarus2000 is a forum member.
I really don't think that Kidicarus2000 is working for Cardhaus :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:03 pm

The way it was spelled on the WotC board it was Card Haus (or House?) point being it was not one word like the old Cardhaus in Seattle. May be a typo though. I was wondering if Preston was the one doing it?

In any case, sure wish I could go but will probably still be in Koera.

Can someone get me some signed cards??

Gary
Gary Adkison