San Diego Comic Con Black-on-black promos

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Perception
Librarities Member

Post by Perception » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:26 pm

It was a struggle but I was able to get 12 Sets for as low as 199 per.

I know this should make me happy at one point but Im afraid that these stupid things (Yugioh-like Promo stuff) will continue in future and I will have to hunt for that promos and never get them first hand in germany... sad story

Hope I am wrong...

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:48 pm

$199 or €199 ?

Perception
Librarities Member

Post by Perception » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:57 pm

magic-belgium wrote:$199 or €199 ?
199 usd

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Well, the sets just came and went on hasbrotoyshop.com. (Thread over on mtgsalvation if anyone is interested).

I was able to order two at MSRP.

Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll receive them or not. Allegedly the limit was one per, and I violated the rules (honestly, I didn't know!) by initiating two separate orders. They may cancel my second one, they may cancel both.

If by some miracle I do get to keep both sets I'll most likely have one for sale or trade. (I'd probably offer it up for sale at my shop first, but I suspect it is too high end a product for most consumers...)

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:58 pm

aleksandr wrote:Well, the sets just came and went on hasbrotoyshop.com. (Thread over on mtgsalvation if anyone is interested).

I was able to order two at MSRP.

Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll receive them or not. Allegedly the limit was one per, and I violated the rules (honestly, I didn't know!) by initiating two separate orders. They may cancel my second one, they may cancel both.

If by some miracle I do get to keep both sets I'll most likely have one for sale or trade. (I'd probably offer it up for sale at my shop first, but I suspect it is too high end a product for most consumers...)
Damn...missed it. I'm interested in your extra set.
Thanksa

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:54 am

I was looking on hasbro toy shop everyday 15 times a day since the comiccon... And the day I left for Rimini Gp I miss the online release !
I fell so disapointed :(
Well, I hope you wre able to get some packs.

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:03 am

Don't be disapointed - I also watched the store periodical, and "by accident" just got the time they went online. I had one box in my cart, but couldn't check out because of a f.... error of there page. Just a few minutes later they have been out-of-stock ... and me really pissed off. :-O

But - my hope is, that after the "hype" is over the prices on eBay normalize. :-D

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Perception wrote:It was a struggle but I was able to get 12 Sets for as low as 199 per.

I know this should make me happy at one point but Im afraid that these stupid things (Yugioh-like Promo stuff) will continue in future and I will have to hunt for that promos and never get them first hand in germany... sad story

Hope I am wrong...
AI situation I am trying to learn to live with, like the Helvault foils.

You have NO problem. Just keep these extras and trade them in the future for whatever comes out...

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:15 pm

So, as I suspected, my 2nd order for this product was cancelled. Hasbro finally shipped my order today, fully five days after their online system said it would ship.

Sorry to those folks who were hoping to get a trade in for my extra copy.

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Thank you anyway. Guess it's off to pirate bay once the prices stabilize.