Collector information about Dragon's Maze--HOT

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Collector information about Dragon's Maze--HOT

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 pm

There will be some VERY interesting changes that will affect collectors in the upcoming Dragon's Maze pre-release.

The following is from the Store/TO info sheet:

Finally there are some unique changes coming to the contents of a Dragon's Maze booster pack. Instead of a basic land (Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, or Forest) every booster in Dragon's Maze will feature a nonbasic land instead. Those lands will include a guildgate (with the Dragon's Maze expansion symbol) or even one of the ten "shocklands" popular from the entire Ravnica block (which will still have their original set symbol from either Return to Ravnica or Gatecrash). It could also be a mythic rare land debuting in Dragon's Maze. The guildgates and shocklands will only fill the basic land slot in a booster so your players won't be able to receive two copies in the same booster. It is possible to receive a foil guildgate (which would replace a common) in addition to a regular guildgate in a booster, but the shocklands will not appear as foil cards in Dragon's Maze. Your players will also find them in Dragon's Maze boosters about half as often as they did in Return to Ravnica and Gatecrash.

As an aside for players but of import to collectors:

His [an example Dimir guild player] guild Prerelease pack will have four Dragon's Maze booster packs, one Gatecrash Dimir guild pack, and one Return to Ravnica guild pack from the "secret" ally guild. The guild packs will be the same as the ones received in Return to Ravnica and Gatecrash except that they won't include the promotional foils from those sets. In fact, while Dragon's Maze will have a Prerelease promo, it won't be included inside the guild Prerelease pack, and your players won't be allowed to use it in their decks. The guild Prerelease pack won't include a spindown life counter, sticker, or guild welcome letter.

The whole blurb can be found here:

http://www.wizards.com/WPN/News/Article ... _28_DGMPre

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 am

Well, that's me all confused!

Are the Dragons' Maze Pre release boosters going to have the same contents as the normal release ones? Or is the cool land a bonus for the pre release?

I haven't even picked up the Gatecrash boosters yet, I can't be thinking of the next series.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:26 pm

As I read it Mark, the boosters for the whole expansion will have no basic lands.

Will the "secret code be done in these reprints (I guess yes)? If not we will have two sets of Guildgates.

They state the shocklands will be half as frequent as normal but that sure gives me hope of at least getting some so I'm not going to spend a lot for Gatecarsh copies.

Looks like I will be out of country before the Gatecrash cards hit the shelves so I won't be able to help with boosters.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 pm

No worries Gary, we already have 7 of the languages taken care of between us.

Mark