Imperial Recruiter Judge Promo

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Imperial Recruiter Judge Promo

Post by mmgun » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:52 pm

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 pm

one of the writers on the thread has a good grasp of the player/ collector comparison.

Players can get the judge promo at a more reasonable price (like the other P3k playable cards that have been reprinted) while the collectors value for the rare originals remains fairly high (I consider $100 for a card a fairly high price). A drop from it's $300 range is welcome.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Yep, but the players will be more likely to resell the original one to get the Judge One, hence more copies will be available on the market.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:22 pm

magic-belgium wrote:Yep, but the players will be more likely to resell the original one to get the Judge One, hence more copies will be available on the market.
For some players that will be true but not many of the players I know. Many of those at the Legecy GP this week were buying as expensive of cards as they could, not just foils. Pimp is expense and rarity, not just flash. All the foil reprints of high end cards are cheaper than the originals. Anyone can have a foil sol ring but a black border original is a real pimp card.

LOL, in any case, we are about to see....

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:25 pm

I hope you're right magic-belgium, but I totally agree with Gary : trading a beta sol ring for a judge foil is heresy IMO, even in a played condition... However, for sure some players (and foil collectors) are willing to do it, to complete a pimp set for exemple.
Visit the Shores of Imagination

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Post by NeRo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:36 pm

I am really excited on the price wise impact - hopefully it will come close to Xiahou-Dun
Good thing I traded the one I had away some months ago :-D

Default User
Librarities Hero

Post by Default User » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:47 pm

On MKM Recruiter has already dropped to relatively reasonable 120-140 € from the high of ~230 €. But if any legacy deck does well with a playset of Recruiters, I would bet that the prices will go right back up, as people will want full playsets.

A while back somebody approximated the amount of modern judge promos being at maximum 7000 copies. I feel that the number is a bit high, but it should give something to compare with. This would help cubers and Commander players, who only need a single copy, but if players will want playsets, the price might stay pretty high.
Global old art Lightning Bolt collector, mainly missing fwb and Summer.