Two spanish misprints

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Gregtork
Legendary Goblin Vaenterianus Ibericus

Two spanish misprints

Post by Gregtork » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:18 pm

One is the new M11 Disentomb. It puts the card in play instead in hand. Awesome for reanimator decks !!!

Image Image

And the other is Zealous Persecution from Alara reborn. The misprint is in the name of the card, who says "persecuSion" instead of persecuCion". With S and not with C. This is an usual mistake from people who pronounce S when must pronounce C, and they write the word as they read. Its common in spanish speaking countries in South America.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:15 am

Good finds.

The first misprint is rather amazing, as one would think that in 2010, with MTG among the most diffused games in the world, quality control and testers etc. would always spot such an obvious translation mistake.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:57 pm

ende73 wrote:Good finds.

The first misprint is rather amazing, as one would think that in 2010, with MTG among the most diffused games in the world, quality control and testers etc. would always spot such an obvious translation mistake.
"testers" ? I don't think translations are ever tested--until there is a local prerelease. At one time (old fart talking again) translations were arranged for by local distributors in some countries and not even supervised by WotC. That was when WotC had 2500 employees and their own offices in major locations. I doubt that Hasbro has established a centeralized translation process so probably no one sees the cards in translation until the boosters are opened.

I would hope things have changed in a positive way and it sure doesn't seem like there are as many errors now as before but I'm glad it isn't my responsibility to insure that not a single error appeared in all the different languages.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Re: Two spanish misprints

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Gregtork wrote:One is the new M11 Disentomb. It puts the card in play instead in hand. Awesome for reanimator decks !!!
And the other is Zealous Persecution from Alara reborn.
I would like to get copies of these if possible.

If anyone has extra please send me a tell and lets work something out.

Gary

magicevolution
Librarities Legend

Post by magicevolution » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Raise Dead is common, dont worry

DAvid

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:33 pm

I wonder if there were corrected versions (in theme decks, as an example. Or another print run...). Any information? David? Gregtork?

Gregtork
Legendary Goblin Vaenterianus Ibericus

Post by Gregtork » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:35 pm

I´ll be watching...

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:01 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:I wonder if there were corrected versions (in theme decks, as an example. Or another print run...). Any information? David? Gregtork?
Good point Hans, I never even thought about that. Now I will be wanting to know too.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:03 pm

magicevolution wrote:Raise Dead is common, dont worry
DAvid
Well I kinda do. My trip to Spain in Jan was cancelled and not sure when I will get there again.

Gary