Planechase and plane cards

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

psrex
Librarities Legend

Planechase and plane cards

Post by psrex » Tue May 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Don't you love seeing the "Announcement" logo in the Arcana section?

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... arcana/187

What do you make of the announcement of Planechase and the new plane cards?

My take is that this is a replacement for Vanguard and some decks that works well with the different effects from the cards. The 6-sided die must have something functional usage with the plane cards, as I couldn't see including it as a bonus with no role to play.

Does anyone know how many plane cards there will be total or if there are only 10 cards and each deck gets a set of all of them?

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue May 12, 2009 2:27 pm

Final Game and Deck Development: Mike Turian (lead), Dave Guskin, Peter Knudson, Scott Larabee, and Mark Purvis, with contributions from Mark L. Gottlieb
I think we know this guy :-\'

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Tue May 12, 2009 2:46 pm

l0qii wrote:
Final Game and Deck Development: Mike Turian (lead), Dave Guskin, Peter Knudson, Scott Larabee, and Mark Purvis, with contributions from Mark L. Gottlieb
I think we know this guy :-\'
And he seems to be getting in on some interesting looking releases. The part that I'm most curious about is how many plane cards there will be. Alas, there's not much chance of getting any inside info until it's all public.

implode
Legendary Dragon Master Collector

Post by implode » Wed May 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Gotta say Mark is one of the nicest rarity folks--of anyone on this site he has made the most significant donation to my Dragon Project. :-O :-\'

Now I just got to convince him to have special boxes sets with all the release/prerelease promos in a set of all the languages. #sigh# why can't I find Malfegor or Dragon Broothmother Foreign prerelease promos. Someone has gotta have some inside info.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Wed May 20, 2009 3:55 am

Working on Planechase was a real treat! It's a lot of fun. Rosewater described it a little more in his article Monday:
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... aily/mm/39