Onslaught Alpha Cut Foil Swamp

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

DanBock
Librarities Legend
Location: Madison, Wisconsin. Y'all bitches wished you lived here.

Post by DanBock » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:13 pm

l0qii wrote:How many of these do you have?
I can trade you some carrots if you'd like instead. Why would you want ones you believe someone cut?

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:35 pm

DanBock wrote:
I can trade you some carrots if you'd like instead. Why would you want ones you believe someone cut?
If there's just 1 or 2, then I'm still suspicious. If there's several dozen different lands then I'm less suspicious, but if there are several dozen and they are all the same swamp picture, then I'm suspicious again.

DanBock
Librarities Legend

Post by DanBock » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:45 pm

l0qii wrote:
DanBock wrote:
If there's just 1 or 2, then I'm still suspicious. If there's several dozen different lands then I'm less suspicious, but if there are several dozen and they are all the same swamp picture, then I'm suspicious again.
That makes a bit more sense. But I disagree with your conclusions. There are many possibilities of what *could* have happened to lead to the situation as it stands right now.

I have exactly four of them. All the same picture.

Tristal
Librarities Member

Post by Tristal » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:19 am

I would be curious to find out how the foil land sheets are laid out for insertion into precons, if all the lands of a certain type are the same picture or not. I would believe that all foil swamps coming out of Onslaught precons could be the same picture.

johnstown713
Legendary Boy Of 713

Post by johnstown713 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Buddy of mine used to do this to all the foil lands he played with in decks cause he could stack the deck. He aslo used foil lands that were all the same picture.

It goes both ways if there are 1 or 2(or 4) they could be faked for playing with and same goes for a mass amount spread among a few decks. On the other hand it could just be the specific sheet but since each different picture land is on the same sheet that doesnt be the case. I have alpha cut 4th cards and my buddy could make them exactly the same appearence. Determination and idiocy makes the misprint whether they are fake or not. To be honest I have been around some of the weirdest shit people see and just my person opinion I think they are fake. Unless you can find swamps with different pics or different lands in general that arent swamps I would lean towards someone doing this on their own.

Wish I could be more helpful but either way its not going to be what you want to hear and you will get pissed the more you see people saying they aren't real so I will shut up now.

Ryan - Johnstown713

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Too many possible fakes in every aspect of this hobby...

Everyone wants to think that they have some super rare $$$ card/s

Numerous gullible kids /Numerous BS stories/ Numerous shady dealers

Numerous idiots buying questionable (at best) lots on Ebay

Paypal PSA BGS : All this = why there are some skeptics.

Even if the cards are real they can be faked (Alpha corners at least). I don't think anybody meant to slight you but seriously... Bad scans and "reliable friends" kinda belong somewhere in the above "skeptical" criteria. And, if they're for real, then what? If someone can make a bunch of them it's kind of a moot point. Hopefully they're for real and you get a lot of money from those things though :wink:

DanBock
Librarities Legend

Post by DanBock » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:26 pm

johnstown713 wrote:It goes both ways if there are 1 or 2(or 4) they could be faked for playing with and same goes for a mass amount spread among a few decks. On the other hand it could just be the specific sheet but since each different picture land is on the same sheet that doesnt be the case. I have alpha cut 4th cards and my buddy could make them exactly the same appearence.
I agree with this completely. How many I have wouldn't really make a difference.
johnstown713 wrote:Determination and idiocy makes the misprint whether they are fake or not. To be honest I have been around some of the weirdest shit people see and just my person opinion I think they are fake. Unless you can find swamps with different pics or different lands in general that arent swamps I would lean towards someone doing this on their own.
I don't understand the first sentence of this. But I also agree with the rest. The problem is that with crimps, or alpha cuts, and misprints that can be replicated, you can't ever really get a sense of if they're "factory born" or not. (This is part of the reason I really don't like crimps and Alpha cuts...)

The guy I got it from was a huge collector, used to have dozens, (if not hundreds,) of PSA Power 9. He's sold most of it over the years, and usually gave or sold his misprints to me. I trust him implicitly, and can't imagine any motive for him to say that he opened these, unless he just really wants me to believe they're real!

What I was *really* hoping for when I posted here was either:
1) Someone to say "Yeah, wotc messed up in Onslaught, and a bunch of foil land sheets got alpha cut." or
2) Someone to say "No, some guy went around Alpha cutting a bunch of foil land for an Alpha-Deck-League.

There's never any clear cut answers...

johnstown713
Legendary Boy Of 713

Post by johnstown713 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:56 pm

Clear cut answers are hard to come by when you come across something that shouldn't exist in the first place, cool find either way though.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:54 pm

DanBock wrote:
random wrote:
However unqualified statements of "I think they're fake." are the exact opposite of what I was looking for, and the opposite of the view you are espousing.

To continue my previous declarative statement, I think you're a "bunny rabbit," because you seem to hop away from the slightest thing that scares you.

Does anyone have any real information?

"I think they're fake."
Clap. Clap. Clap.

Oh yeah, *now* I remember this forum.
Would you care to elaborate ?