Coldsnap theme decks

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

phiswiz
Legendary Camel Rider

Coldsnap theme decks

Post by phiswiz » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:54 am

I don't know if this has been posted here yet, but the theme decks are out and this one is very interesting.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/displaythe ... =3&lang=en

I wonder if the Brainstorms will be new art.
Last edited by phiswiz on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:05 am

Nope, all the reprinted cards are supposed to be their original Ice Age/Alliances art.

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:48 am

flatmatt wrote:Nope, all the reprinted cards are supposed to be their original Ice Age/Alliances art.
wizards wrote:* = from a previous set
Would this means we would see stp, brainstorms etc with the old art in the new lay-out?
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:26 pm

Yes, all preconstructed decks will contain old Ice Age and Alliances cards with the new template and updated wording. From the perspective of a collector, they can be considered new cards.

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:30 pm

Yes they are all old art new frames. We did a 36 person Them Deck thing at the Pre-Re in Boston and I got to see most of the new cards. The brainstorms/Swords were nice. I picked up one deck and will post a scan of some of the cards in a little bit.

Last edited by rick21n on Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:31 pm

Why did you single that one out? They all have new/old cards.

Squt

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:48 pm

I can pick up any theme decks in Japanese if somebody wants them. Tho Id recommend quick payment, as I am leaving Japan at the end of the month.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:03 pm

i'd like 4 swords to plowshares, and 4 gorilla shamans.. whichever decks those are in, and however many needed to get that quantity..

pm me a total and a paypal addy, i'll get the money over asap.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:21 pm

Should PM me, since I dont want to clutter up this topic, but the theme decks arent acually for sale yet (1 week?).

Do you just want the cards or the entire deck? Obviously its cheaper to ship just those cards.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:38 pm

there are other cards in those decks that would be hot.. and since you have to buy the whole deck anyway, figured i'd just take the lot.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:10 pm

Does this also imply that there will be a full set of foil ice age basic land in the new layout and with ice age symbols?

phiswiz
Legendary Camel Rider

Foils

Post by phiswiz » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:17 pm

Will it be possible to get foils other than land in the Prcons? Foil brainstorms with IA art would be very cool.

flippyh4

Post by flippyh4 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:16 am

I am also intigued about the foil deal. It would be very sad if they did not make foils of the reprints. But how would they do it? Make a random card in the precon foil instead of just a land? The prices of foil brainstorms and swords would be high.

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:57 am

Unless they decided to make these unlike any other precons, it will only be a random foil basic land in the precons. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the foil land was a snow-covered basic land from Coldsnap rather than an Ice Age basic land.

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:11 pm

flatmatt wrote:Unless they decided to make these unlike any other precons, it will only be a random foil basic land in the precons. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the foil land was a snow-covered basic land from Coldsnap rather than an Ice Age basic land.
From what I saw it was only a Foil Snow Covered Land from Coldsnap but I didnt see but a couple opened for the first time... I think if foil Ice Age cards were opened then the dealers would have heard about it. especially since I dont think we in Boston were the only place to get to try the theme deck event.