Unhinged Foil 'specials'

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

monkeymadness
Librarities Legend

Post by monkeymadness » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:02 pm

dragsamou wrote:
monkeymadness wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
monkeymadness wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
Ralph Herold wrote: My friend has confirmed that his foil card R&D's Secret Lair #135 indeed has a sort of structure covering the entire text box. Can somebody else check this please?
I confirmed That a Structure is inside the text Box,while others foils doesn't have it,so #135 is a Special Foil.
The pink in the scan is normal foil for lands (as you can see on the mountain next to it) so I wouldn't consider this an alternate version. My foil version of Touch and Go has no "O" in the text box. Interesting. Could you provide an image so I can see it too?
No,I have checked 3 Ttmes the R&D Lair,scanning it,etc....The Foil Version is definately different with an original Spilling that's not on the Regular version(I have Checked 3 Different R&D Normal).City of Brass as Exactely the same pattern in the Text Box in Normal and Foil...R&D Don't.
Maybe we are talking about different things. The foil pattern that I am seeing in the text box is the same in all regular set land foils since changing to the new card face. The nonfoil versions of any land do not have this foil "smuge" effect so it would be expected that the foil R+D secret lair and regular versions differ in this way. City of Ass does not have this pattern because it has a different buttock pattern on it instead.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:33 pm

monkeymadness wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
monkeymadness wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
monkeymadness wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
Ralph Herold wrote: My friend has confirmed that his foil card R&D's Secret Lair #135 indeed has a sort of structure covering the entire text box. Can somebody else check this please?
I confirmed That a Structure is inside the text Box,while others foils doesn't have it,so #135 is a Special Foil.
The pink in the scan is normal foil for lands (as you can see on the mountain next to it) so I wouldn't consider this an alternate version. My foil version of Touch and Go has no "O" in the text box. Interesting. Could you provide an image so I can see it too?
No,I have checked 3 Ttmes the R&D Lair,scanning it,etc....The Foil Version is definately different with an original Spilling that's not on the Regular version(I have Checked 3 Different R&D Normal).City of Brass as Exactely the same pattern in the Text Box in Normal and Foil...R&D Don't.
Maybe we are talking about different things. The foil pattern that I am seeing in the text box is the same in all regular set land foils since changing to the new card face. The nonfoil versions of any land do not have this foil "smuge" effect so it would be expected that the foil R+D secret lair and regular versions differ in this way. City of Ass does not have this pattern because it has a different buttock pattern on it instead.
Hi.
I see your point now that I look at others Foils from 8Th&9Th Edition, while Regular Basic Lands doesn't have the "Spilling", the Foil Version does and that's correct, that the R&D Foil has the same "Spilling" that you can find in 8Th or 9Th Editions. In this logic, NO135 should not be in the List, I will edit after a second checking.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

monkeymadness
Librarities Legend

Post by monkeymadness » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:27 pm

dragsamou wrote: EDIT:Touch&Go Scans.
http://www.photoservice.com/albums/albu ... 6&a=380251
Green 0 is on the "Brown Shit"in the Text Box.
Wow. Mine does not have that at all. Does anybody else have a foil one to compare?

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:31 pm

Interesting find. I am rather sure, though, that this "O" is a printing error. I have found another owner of this card, and his copy does not have this "O" either. Aside from that, it looks too insignificant to be a foil card feature.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:16 pm

Ralph Herold wrote:Interesting find. I am rather sure, though, that this "O" is a printing error. I have found another owner of this card, and his copy does not have this "O" either. Aside from that, it looks too insignificant to be a foil card feature.
Hi Ralph.
If others have that card with what looks like to me a Subliminal O really Green, it's possible that variations exist, so it's not insignificant up to the time that this issue is solved, once over a large amount, and not only one other Member, if it's proven that the O is not on the Majority of the Touch and Go Foil, I will consider it at that time mine as a Misprint :-) and I will get a Normal one,for now I'll do not consider the case closed.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

monkeymadness
Librarities Legend

Post by monkeymadness » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:18 am

I have looked at a few other Touch and Go foils and have not seen another one with the "O". It looks to be a misprint to me.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:04 am

monkeymadness wrote:
I have looked at a few other Touch and Go foils and have not seen another one with the "O". It looks to be a misprint to me.
Hi.
Thanks.Case is closed...On my Way to find a Normal one ;-)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:54 pm

Hi Members.
Case is reopened as I order few Foil Touch and Go Unhinged,so I could get a normal one,and guess what,out of the 2 that I ordered,one is Misprinted again with the "O",so I believe that definately 2 Versions exist
a Normal one and a Misprint one.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Moebius
Legendary Big Footed Cow Collector

Post by Moebius » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:35 pm

I just checked a the few unhinged foils I have and found that foil version of:
20/140 Standing Army, Shows part of the sword on border(right side)
101/140 Keeper of the Sacred word, Missing Gotcha in the upper left corner

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:14 am

Moebius wrote:I just checked a the few unhinged foils I have and found that foil version of:
20/140 Standing Army, Shows part of the sword on border(right side)
101/140 Keeper of the Sacred word, Missing Gotcha in the upper left corner
Hi.
Great find =D>
2 New ones to add to the List of Special Foils.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:23 pm

Hi Members.
3 more to add to the list....Thanks to the Member who find them ;-)
NO 34 Greater Morphling:Stick going from the head to the left tube.
NO 82 Mons's Goblin Raiders:Ear of the right goblin going on the border.
NO 103 Laughing Hyena:2 White dots on the middle donkey ears at the end.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

hortar
Librarities Hero

Post by hortar » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:39 pm

Hello members

I have a extra

Mox Lotus Alternate Art AA Unhinged FOIL

If anyone needs
My Projects:
All Portuguese Stuff
20 Beta Rares, Korean Cards,
Limited Editions (Russian, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese)
Japanese Chronicles
Promos

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Scan "O" Touch and Go

Post by equi-nox76 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:11 am

Scan "O" Touch and Go:

3 of the 6 I found have this "O", all the shops that did answer told me that about 30% of their cards have this "O", the rest not. Most of them did not notice and now spontaneous changed the price for them...

So there do officially exist 2 versions.

Chris

MAGICSALEMAN
Legendary Bel Old Guru

Post by MAGICSALEMAN » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:04 am

Question elemental is also an alternate one.
Style of "Worms" behind the rules text :wink:
One more I think.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:29 am

MAGICSALEMAN wrote:Question elemental is also an alternate one.
Style of "Worms" behind the rules text :wink:
One more I think.
Hi Eric.
I have checked mine,the Worms are Exactely the ones that you could see on the Normal Version.Do you own one with a different Version?Thanks.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.