ninjas and ninjitsu

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

normalbrains

ninjas and ninjitsu

Post by normalbrains » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:14 am

this betrayers common has made its way into some stores:

Ninja of the Deep Hours 3U
Creature - Human Ninja
Ninjutsu 1U (1U, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this
card into play from your hand tapped and attacking.)
Whenever Ninja of the Deep Hours deals combat damage to a player, you may
draw a card.
2/2
Ill. - Dan Scott
44/165

normalbrains

Re: ninjas and ninjitsu

Post by normalbrains » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:16 am

johnstown713

Post by johnstown713 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:20 am

Wait so is it available in certain areas?

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:26 am

it is starting to get too asian.. :'(

I want dominaria back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was only one good expansion using a real life theme (sort of) and that was Arabian nights.

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:52 am

axios wrote:it is starting to get too asian.. :'(

I want dominaria back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was only one good expansion using a real life theme (sort of) and that was Arabian nights.
Nico: We only have 2 more expansions to suffer through, then this set will start it steady death like all other blocks.

normalbrains:  Venues often get this sneak preview common as sort of a teaser pack.  It has always been a common and more often than not, shows the new effect of the set.  In this case,  Ninjutsu.

EDIT:  This is no more than a normal common with nothing special about it whatsoever, just as an fyi for all those who do not know what these sneak preview cards are.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:03 am

axios wrote:I want dominaria back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:12 am

I foresee this ability being argued quite a bit in multiplayer.

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:58 am

so this card is saying if unblocked you get to attack again in the same turn   and then get to draw cards from your library.  am i reading this right or the second time around does your opponant get to assign a blocker if they choose cause this is a second attack phase.

what a confussing abuility woc you guys are reaching to far bring back magics simplicity

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:59 am

isn't this abuility broken you could keep paying 1u and keep attacking a drawing a card ? ::)

normalbrains

Post by normalbrains » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:06 am

you only get to attack once. it effectively replaces your attacking creature before it deals damage. really weird flavor-wise, but i guess it is very sneaky. but why would a spirit suddenly turn into a ninja? those wacky ninjas.

spartan65

Post by spartan65 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:08 am

that is awsome you can basically wipe someone out then draw a sh*t load of cards!
;D

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:15 am

In multiplayer, if the rules aren't written otherwise, you'd be able to attack someone with no blockers, then switch the attacker with a Ninja attacking someone else entirely.

spartan65

Post by spartan65 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:02 pm

normalbrains wrote:you only get to attack once. it effectively replaces your attacking creature before it deals damage. really weird flavor-wise, but i guess it is very sneaky. but why would a spirit suddenly turn into a ninja? those wacky ninjas.
no that is rong i think...but since my comp wont load the card i cant check

psrex

Post by psrex » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:30 pm

The rules of Magic don't change, you still only get one attack.  The important part is "Return an unblocked attacker", which means that we're still in combat, otherwise there are no attackers.  You are free to respond to instants that might destroy the creature so that you can save it, replay it and still deal damage.  The creature will still only deal damage once during combat when damage is put on the stack (unless you somehow give it first strike and return it to your hand and replay it before regular combat damage is assigned).  Once damage is on the stack using the ability won't do anything interesting.

Jess

Post by Jess » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:43 pm

Has anyone actually seen the card ???
The wording is wrong (Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand instead of Return an unblocked attacking creature you control to its owner's hand) which makes me think it's a fake [smiley=veryangry.gif]