Summer Booster on ebay

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

B_UN|T
Librarities Member

Summer Booster on ebay

Post by B_UN|T » Wed May 13, 2015 9:31 am

My Summer Edgar Common Project
http://mtg-summer-edgar.blogspot.de

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:07 am

As usual with Summer packs, I don't understand.

Summer packs are identical to Revised packs, so other than trusting mankind back to Adam and Eve, the only way to know you have one is by searching ("scanning") it and see whether the magical 1994 number appears. As all older MTG players know, this is incredibly easy to do.

Admittedly, according to item description, this has actually been done . Honestly from the pack's condition I'm inclined to believe that all 15 cards contained are well known (if not by the current owner then by some previous ones), but then that's a personal feeling.

My question is: if it's publicly known that at least the top card has been "seen", and I believe it's an Uncommon, wouldn't it be correct to share what it is with potential buyers ?

Granted this item is collectable as such and sealed, but I do think its value and potential future appreciation would be at least somewhat dependant on whether that card is Demonic Tutor, Serra Angel, Sol Ring or Hurricane, rather than Ivory Cup, Blue Ward, Stone Giant or Wall of Ice.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 am

Hi Enrico

It was easier back in the years, when those boosters were 1000/1500$, that of course we all knew, they were searched, and that owners were saying what cards were inside. Now, reading this:
the authenticity of this pack as an original Summer Magic unsearched pack.
I just can smile...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:18 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Enrico

It was easier back in the years, when those boosters were 1000/1500$, that of course we all knew, they were searched, and that owners were saying what cards were inside. Now, reading this:
the authenticity of this pack as an original Summer Magic unsearched pack.
I just can smile...
Absolutely, that's what I was trying to say.

But in addition to that, even if we want to believe in Santa Claus and in that pack containing 14 unknown cards, it is a plain fact that the top Uncommon is known, so I don't understand why at least that card isn't made public.

If I recall correctly, erl00 had (maybe still has?) a sealed Summer pack and had the decency to say it was a Nettling Imp that could be seen on top (see also Fvzappa's post here: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... ummer+pack probably refering to that same pack).

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu May 14, 2015 7:35 pm

ende73 wrote: If I recall correctly, erl00 had (maybe still has?) a sealed Summer pack and had the decency to say it was a Nettling Imp that could be seen on top
If my memory serves me right, the Rare in Eric's Summer booster was a Purelace, his post must be somewhere on the forum (Not that topic, but find another one):
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... sc&start=0
Last edited by dragsamou on Fri May 15, 2015 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri May 15, 2015 7:03 am

I have no idea what is in my booster, I haven't even checked to make sure it actually is a Summer Booster.

Whether anyone else knows I don't know, I am sure that someone somewhere does.

It would probably be more important if there were loads of sealed Summer boosters for sale. I would want to make sure that I had a chance of getting a good card. However you are lucky to find even one for sale so as long as it is sealed and the pack is in good shape then you still own a piece of Magic History.

Of course if you don't want to keep it sealed that is another matter.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri May 15, 2015 7:14 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I have no idea what is in my booster, I haven't even checked to make sure it actually is a Summer Booster.

Whether anyone else knows I don't know, I am sure that someone somewhere does.

It would probably be more important if there were loads of sealed Summer boosters for sale. I would want to make sure that I had a chance of getting a good card. However you are lucky to find even one for sale so as long as it is sealed and the pack is in good shape then you still own a piece of Magic History.

Of course if you don't want to keep it sealed that is another matter.
Hi Mark

I'm amazed that you didn't verify even one card, as you probably didn't bought it for cheap...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri May 15, 2015 7:45 am

I bought it off an active member on this site who was introduced to me by another active member from this site. Both in good standing within the community.

If it is fake what am I going to do, jump on a plan to Canada and try to find their house to beat a refund out of them? :-D

Or explain to the mounties how I paid $xk for a packet of cards which turned out to be a slightly different pack of cards, and could they go and get my money back?

If I was going to sell it I would confirm that it was genuine so that the new owner didn't jump on a plane to Australia to beat a refund out of me.

Next time I take it out of the album I will check (and let you know the card)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri May 15, 2015 8:06 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I bought it off an active member on this site who was introduced to me by another active member from this site. Both in good standing within the community.

If it is fake what am I going to do, jump on a plan to Canada and try to find their house to beat a refund out of them? :-D

Or explain to the mounties how I paid $xk for a packet of cards which turned out to be a slightly different pack of cards, and could they go and get my money back?

If I was going to sell it I would confirm that it was genuine so that the new owner didn't jump on a plane to Australia to beat a refund out of me.

Hi Mark

I didn't knew how you did get your Summer booster, if it's from a Magiclibrarities Member, well it has been searched and verified, so all fine.
No need to let me know the card, searching will do just more damages to the booster.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Mon May 18, 2015 5:03 pm

dragsamou wrote:
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I bought it off an active member on this site who was introduced to me by another active member from this site. Both in good standing within the community.

Hi Mark

I didn't knew how you did get your Summer booster, if it's from a Magiclibrarities Member, well it has been searched and verified, so all fine.
No need to let me know the card, searching will do just more damages to the booster.
Hi Mark. I'm not on here all the time but I keep my eyes on Summer threads. So being the Canadian that sold you your Summer pack a few years back I just wanted to let you know the following. If you ever do open it and it does not turn out to be s real Summer pack, then I will personally buy your plane ticket over here and hand you the bat you can use to beat me with when I greet you at my door. Just do me a favour and video the pack opening as I will only accept that beating if justified. ;)
I'm not worried and I never want you to be. You have a real (and extremely rare) Summer/Edgar pack which has increased in value nicely since we made our deal.
PS: Hope you are doing well and your pack and currency collections are progressing nicely.

Exactly right Alexis. Not wanting to potentially damage the pack any further (as I assume it had to be searched at some point initially to get the green 'E' on it - and it already had slight indications of being searched) is why I had to trust in what Dan from Troll & Toad told me. That and my confirmation that they were all true Summer packs after opening at random, 2 of the 5 bought and pulling a Summer BOP.