Misleading Auction Title

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Misleading Auction Title

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:46 am

so I received an alert for an auction and it ended with the following: "not Beta, not Unlimited, not power nine".

Now, I am rather annoyed with the "Not ___", and even if the seller had listed something I wanted, I wouldn't want to deal with him/her due to the rather distateful misdirection.

What I want to know is should I report the auction? Please tell me there's some kind of selling etiquette the seller is violating that I can report them for.

I think it would be a waste time to send a message to the seller, or I would have already done so.

After I get some (helpful) suggestions, regardless of whether I report the auction, I'll be adding this seller to my blocked list.

And no, my alert was not for anything Beta or Unlimited, nor any of the Power Nine.

and if you would like to post your similar auction annoyances here, I'm cool with that :D

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:05 am

I get the same annoyance when people are selling sealed boosters and add the name of a key card with a question mark next to it...

Revised booster, Dual lands? Badlands? Underground Sea?

The sole purpose is to cross advertise their listing with people searching for those cards.

I am pretty sure that is a violation, just can't remember which one.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:38 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:so I received an alert for an auction and it ended with the following: "not Beta, not Unlimited, not power nine".

Now, I am rather annoyed with the "Not ___", and even if the seller had listed something I wanted, I wouldn't want to deal with him/her due to the rather distateful misdirection.

What I want to know is should I report the auction? Please tell me there's some kind of selling etiquette the seller is violating that I can report them for.

I think it would be a waste time to send a message to the seller, or I would have already done so.

After I get some (helpful) suggestions, regardless of whether I report the auction, I'll be adding this seller to my blocked list.

And no, my alert was not for anything Beta or Unlimited, nor any of the Power Nine.

and if you would like to post your similar auction annoyances here, I'm cool with that :D
Hi Clay

Maybe you should also worry about the seller offering the same card with the same pic another time (Previous sale didn't went through probably)
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I get the same annoyance when people are selling sealed boosters and add the name of a key card with a question mark next to it...

Revised booster, Dual lands? Badlands? Underground Sea?

The sole purpose is to cross advertise their listing with people searching for those cards.

I am pretty sure that is a violation, just can't remember which one.
Hi Mark

Report Category: Listing practices

Reason for Report: Search and browse manipulation

Detailed Reason: Keyword spamming (The listing has unrelated or excessive keywords that unfairly diverts attention to the listing.)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:05 am

Just finished reading that bit!
Comparisons between products aren't allowed. For example, you can't say things like "shirt not pants" or "video not Nano."

TheJGit
Legendary Beginner's Guide Author

Post by TheJGit » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:06 pm

dragsamou wrote: Report Category: Listing practices

Reason for Report: Search and browse manipulation

Detailed Reason: Keyword spamming (The listing has unrelated or excessive keywords that unfairly diverts attention to the listing.)
This has always been a pet peeve of mine. I wish I knew about that ages ago ](*,)

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:36 am

Thanks Alexis, I was unaware that there was a way to report this abuse of auction titles. I don't feel like a d**k for reporting the auction.

tap4black
Legendary Alpha Collector

Post by tap4black » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:54 am

While the link to report the auction (and there are THOUSANDS like it) is there for the using, you are just wasting your time. Since Ebay now gives users free listings every month, you can bet that the auction will be back up with the same title almost as fast as they take it down, if they even bother to remove it.

In the past, when you had to pay to list items, you could start losing fees if you kept up the practice but now, waste of time.....

My2c.
#2 All Time Finest PSA Alpha Set, GPA of 9.64, now retired and re-graded via Beckett. BGS GPA 9.40 after shipping off several pieces to JM!

Current Alpha Rare count = 1500+!

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:04 pm

I agree completely with Len.

A "you know where" classic. 13 years of complaining about that with no result.
Visit the Shores of Imagination