Japanese Singles seller

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Japanese Singles seller

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:55 am

tokyomtg.com

run by some German expats living in (you probably already guessed it) Tokyo. they are currently adding their inventory to their website, but they ship outside of Japan. They also sell on MKM.

Clay

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Tokyomtg has usually only high prices and pimp stuff. They are not so good with collector items and randoms in their stock.But overall they are quite professional.

I have very good experience with
www.enndalgames.com

They have a lot of old japanese cards in stock for very low prices. The user registration is a little challenge, but they have a help in english.
They also ship worldwide, accept paypal and even provide low values on shipment customs declaration to avoid further customs fees.
Ordered there for arround 700 Euro already and was very satisfied.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:24 pm

I let TokyoMTG know what I was looking for and they were very willing to find the items so that I could order them. The prices I paid with them were about the same I paid when i lived in Japan. I can understand the pimp stuff being a bit high, but I would try to sell it high too if I thought people would buy it at those prices.

I will try enndal to see if they have a few of the old foils I am still looking for though.

Clay

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:31 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:
I will try enndal to see if they have a few of the old foils I am still looking for though.

Clay
They might not have many foils listed, but they have a lot of Pre Foil era Stuff.
However, they are also very kind in tracking down cards for you. ATM they search their Stock for Print variations of japanese Mirage for me ^^

for foils you might want to try

www.saitocardshop.com ( thats tomaharu SAitos shop) Its a little less professional imho, but still ok. At least the user registration is more simple^^
Last edited by mmgun on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:01 am

Yeah, I've been to the physical store for Saito. staff is rude there.

andytalaga
Librarities Legend

Japanese Single Sellers

Post by andytalaga » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:34 am

I will vouch for Enndalgames. I have been buying stuff from him online since before he had a checkout system and you had to email him a list of stuff you want. I have probably purchased over $3k in cards from him in the last 7 years. I will also say that Hareruya (Saito's Japanese Shop) is good. Sometimes if a card I want is sold out on one of those sites its on the other and their prices are about the same. Sometimes one card is a little more and another is a little less but overall everything balances out. Hareruya charges 1200yen for EMS shipping and Enndal games charges 1000yen. Enndal games also has sales (5% off) on during major Japanese holidays. The last one was Golden Week (beginning of May) and the next one should be Obon (middle of August).

It's really a coin flip between who I buy from between the two stores. Usually I default to Enndalgames due to longer commitment to buying and slightly lower shipping costs. Hareruya usually gets pre-orders/set releases up first. I do not like that they will not combine card sales from Saitocardshop even though its the same store located in the same physical space in Japan. I will second Alien_starfighter_pilots review of their staff that they are rude either in English or in Japanese via email.

Tokyomtg has some issues with their website. Unless you are buying either very recent sets or foil Japanese pimp stuff they don't have it in stock. Their search option defaults to always show out of stock items and all versions of cards. Frankly, I hate navigating their website. I am not interested in Japanese foils, English Foils, or English cards. I only want Japanese non-foil which they generally lack supply. So when I click on say Journey to Nix it starts with a bunch of Junk White Commons that list out all versions and all say out of stock.

The only saving grace in my eyes for Tokyomtg is that they don't require you to use EMS. They will send through standard mail that only takes a couple days longer honestly than EMS and for about 1/4th of the price.

There are a couple of other stores (Cardshopserra.com comes to mind) that are similar to Enndalgames and Hareruya that take paypal and will ship overseas. None of them come close to having the same stock level though. Cardshopserra is maybe the best alternative to the two main Japanese stores.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:12 pm

I just found out, enndal games has a separate shop for foils, lol !

http://www.enndalgames2.com/

GraueEminenz
Librarities Legend

Post by GraueEminenz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Anyone able to help me order @ Enndal?
Cheers
G.E.

EDIT: Thanks, got support already and english guidance (help page).
Last edited by GraueEminenz on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are only 10 types
of people in the world:
Those who understand binary
and those who don't

andytalaga
Librarities Legend

re

Post by andytalaga » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:23 am

He'll ship worldwide as long as you have paypal. Are you having trouble with site nagivation? PM me and we can chat about it.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Re: Japanese Singles seller

Post by Volcanon » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:48 am

Enndal, when he was called Studio Enndall, was a great source of $1 Imperial Recruiters and $3 P3K packs. Ahhh, the good old days of being a student in Japan.

andytalaga
Librarities Legend

Post by andytalaga » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:30 pm

I recently moved back to Tokyo, this time permanently. After settling in I've gone through and decided to update my info from a few years ago.

What has changed - well magic prices for starters. This is mostly due I think to Hareruya setting prices much like Star City Games in the U.S. Gone are the days of really cheap casual cards, Legacy, and Vintage cards. Standard is still very expensive and now, so is Modern. In fact I think most cards are pretty expensive as far as singles go.

Ikebukero - card shop Ignis is gone so don't go looking for it if you follow the above guides. There is a new Hobby Station close to Sunshine City 60. honestly unless your plan is to go to every magic store I would pretty much wholesale exclude Hobby Stations. There are just better stores with better selection.

Amenity dream power 9 store is still exactly where it has been for the last 7years. They used to have a much larger magic selection on display but Weiss Schwartz and Cardfight Vanguard have really cut into their display area. Still this is one of the better stores in Tokyo and has a reasonable selection of hard to find foils. You will be paying a good premium on their cards but they have most of everything it's just not displayed.

**one trend that I have noticed is that in order to save on display space stores have adopted photocopying all the cards and putting them in binders and then coding each card for you fill out on your slip of paper. You then hand that slip of a paper to the staff and they pull the cards. Similar to asking for cards from cases but with an increase in competition from other games most stores are cutting back space**

Shinjuku - I work here now so it is the area that I go to the most. Amenity dream still has a store here. Like the sister store in ikebukero display space has been severely cut back. Their prices are also pretty high although I was able to find some deals. Again a solid "B" store. Good selection and if price is no object then they will have what you are looking for.

There is a yellow submarine by Yodobashi Camera in Nishi Shinjuku as well. They actually have a decent selection of portal cards (my main interest) as well as supplies but as others have commented and I will make the same comment, like Hobby Station, unless you are desperate stay away from Yellow Submarine there are better stores. That said this yellow submarine has a board game and Rpg store attached to it and carry most fantasy flight and other board games (dominion etc.) which is the only store outside of amenity dream in Akihabara that have these types of products. Plus I found some of the old Decipher Star Wars ccg cards there so win win on that one.

Shibuya - Mint Mtg opened a store here close to Labi just north of Shibuya 109. It's on the second floor so look for the sign it's not advertised that well. Unlike other ccg stores this one focuses on sports cards primarily and secondarily on MTG. Strange to call your store Mint MtG. They also have a bar inside of the store that have these neat tables where you play below a glass top so you can have food and drinks on the table without fear of spilling and damaging your cards. Definitely for the older crowd as some of the tournaments require you to buy drinks to enter.

Akihabara - many small stores plus the big names Hobby Station, Yellow Submarine, Amenity Dream etc. Yumeking is still there and there store is still decent. Prices have been adjusted since I was last there in 2009 to be more inline with a global pricing market. So gone are the days of good value especially in legacy and vintage cards. Honestly I still think this store is fine and one of the better ones in Akihabra.

Amenity dream in Akiba is the same as the ones in shinjuku and ikebukero. Good selection just pricy and mtg is losing ground to other games on display. Worth the visit if you stop by akihabara.

**these three below are what I consider to be the game changers in Toyko Magic**

TokyoMtg is in suidobashi. there is literally nothing else around so if you plan to come here, well, this is probably all you are doing in this area so factor in time and cost of transportation. They have some amazing pimp cards on display. Their owner or whatever his position is, is German-japanese. The staff was friendly but most importantly compared to the above stores like chains (amenity dream etc.) this store was CLEAN. They have almost nothing on display except for some beta duals, power 9, and some random German fbb revised cards as well as packs. They have great service and very competitive pricing. In order to get cards you sit at a computer and go through their online store and chose in store pick up. Then one of their staff pulls the cards your looking for and you buy them. My biggest problem with this store is their website. It looks nice but they list everything out, English, Japanese, Foil English, Foil Japanese for every card. You can filter it but I feel like because this store is so focused on Pimp stuff they don't have that much stock of just regular cards. If I'm looking for a beta Plateau this is my place to go. If I'm looking for random card from Exodus because I collect it or need it for Cube, chances are they won't have it in stock. Wading through their website is kinda awful as well. Seriously just go to their website and you'll see what I mean. Overall b++

Enndal games. Is in Chofu Shi. It took me an hour to get there but because I used to do so much ordering from them I just had to go. Takahiro Yamaguchi who runs this shop moved it closer to Tokyo a few years back. This place is tiny and has almost no cards on display. A small 3x5 foot case holds a few popular modern and standard cards. Again you order through their online store. I ordered and was waiting for them to pull my order and call me. So I stood there and looked through these 2 5,000 ct boxes. Some good finds in there and good prices, just wish I had more time to search through them. The store doesn't open until 2 pm and lucky me I got there at 130 so I had to stand around and wait for the store to open. Not a reflection on the store, just plan Better then I did. Anyway no one was checking on my order or pulling cards so I had to go over and ask the guy who exec buyer to find out what happened to my order. They hadn't started it it. Literally I was the only one in the store and had been siting at the computer for 15 minutes putting an order in and the another 25 minutes standing there looking through the five thousand ct boxes. Finally I asked and someone got up and pulled the 7 cards I asked for. This place is dirty as well, the opposite of tokyomtg. One last note about their website. When I was living in the U.S. I often found myself going with Hareruya after a while because of shipping. Enndal games has 1200 yen shipping internationally and hareruya has 1000 yen. So all things equal I would go wth hareruya. Also it just seemed like Enndal games was 100 or 200 yen higher on certain cards, I asked YAmaguchi San on Facebook If he could keep an eye out for some Japanese Portal Basics. He never responded despite the fact that we have communicated many times via Facebook messenger. TBH I don't think I'll be back. It is very far from me, I didn't have a good impression of the store -> poor service, no follow up by owner, and better options else where. I am happy I got to go but will skip in the future.

Hareruya - well if you guessed this would be number 1 then you are correct, Hareruya is clean clean clean. There is space for 300 or more people to play. Ip they cater towards their clientele. Snack machines, other drinks for sale, every playmat dice, deck box etc you can think of they have it. They have a great played foil case, their only display case. It has other things than foils in it which is good for me as I don't do anything with foils. Other than that it is a store for 300 to play magic. There is always an event going on. 11am 2 pm 5 pm and 8 pm there is legacy, modern, 2hg, and draft. Everything always fires. This place is busy, they have the same set up as other stores where you order from their website and pick up in-store. They have the best selection, most staff, great service, English speakers on staff for those of you who don't understand or cannot speak Japanese.

Overall if you're coming to Tokyo there ultimately is only 1 mtg store you need to got to, Hareruya. this store is clean, organized, and professional. They have the best stock of mtg from the casual cards, to the newest craze hitting Tokyo for standard. They have better or at least competitive pricing with the chain stores. The best part is when order I don't have to wait very long for it to process. They have a screen with you number on it and when you number comes up you need to be able to prove.

Tl;dr

Most of magic in Tokyo has gone away. If your going, stop by at Hareruya. If you go it is my opinion that all other stores pale in comparison To Hareruya. It really is a one stop shopping experience. Don't waste your time anywhere else unless it's right by your place to stay,

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:20 am

I cannot confirm your bad experience with enndalgames. I have never been there in person, but i placed and received my last order 2 moth ago, they still handled my extra wishes perfectly and are very kind. They even combine orders from enndalgames and enndalgames2 and refund the double shipping costs.
Maybe it depends on who is handling your order.
I am always in contact with someone called "Nakatani" .

andytalaga
Librarities Legend

Post by andytalaga » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:01 pm

As an online store they are great. I believe the original intention of this thread was if your visiting Japan where to go to buy cards in person.

Enndal games physical store is pretty terrible.

I've only ever had positive experiences with them when buying cards online.

Again in the vein of where to go for MTG in Japan when traveling, Hareruya is much more central and probably has the largest selection. Not saying you won't find other deals but overall my assessment remains the same, Hareruya is king and everything else is scrambling for their crumbs.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:21 am

When I originally created this thread, it was for Japanese MTG card sellers that would ship internationally. But thank you Andy for the update.

I always browsing at the Amenity Dreams and Hobby Station Japan stores in Ikebukuro and playing FNM, PreRelease and Launch events at the Shibuya Mint store (here are pictures of the inside of Mint Shibuya: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8998). There was another store in Shibuya I liked browse, although I don't recall the name of the store. it was on the 6th floor, really close to the station, and the owner regularly placed high in Japanese GPs. I think he even had a World Championship trophy from 2003(?). Didn't have the best of selection, but I could usually find promotional cards really cheap there, and the owner was really friendly.

The Yellow Submarine store in Yokohama was also a favorite place to stop. They helped me find a LOT of my Japanese global wants when I first started trying to find them in Japan. When I was down to 8 Japanese wants, the manager even posted a flyer in the store for a few months saying they were looking for the cards (for me!). He also coordinated with several other stores to acquire some wants from Avacyn Restored. Exceptional customer service, which was even more awesome since this store was the closest MTG shop to the Naval base in Yokosuka. The Yokohama store's inventory was almost as much as the Akiba store. Say hi to Kouki Kamimura (the manager) for me if you ever visit the store.

I would only go to Hareruya (aka Saito) as a last resort.

Clay

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:35 am

Well it looks like I am off to Tokyo in August.

I am going over with my wife and her friend and family so I doubt I will do much of anything Magic related. They are big shoppers though and there is a good chance I will be down at whatever the nearest shopping centre is everyday.

The kids are all into anime and the toy so I am hoping we will get to spend some time in the stores.

Where is the best place to go if I just want to stumble across a shop selling sealed Magic Boosters? I am guessing any requests for a long journey out of Tokyo are going to be met with suspicion. I also want to get some MtG boosters out of a vending machine if they have them, something to justify the holes in the tops of the boosters would be nice.

Do the Japanese sell foreign language boosters or just Japanese?

Anyway, any tips or advice will be gratefully received.