Japanese Singles seller

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Re: Japanese Singles seller

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:53 am

I presume you have already gone on your trip to Tokyo, but for anyone that goes there in the future for a visit....

Akihabara (or Akiba, for short) and Ikebukuro are your two best destinations while in Tokyo, and both are on the Yamanote (sp?) line, an above-ground train route that goes in a circle around Tokyo. Ikebukuro is a huge shopping district, so there's a lot of stores for anyone to browse.

The majority of stores will sell both Japanese and English. Chain stores like Yellow Submarine, Hobby Station and Amenity Dreams will usually carry other foreign language boosters, typically of Chinese or European (FR/GE/IT/SP) variety. Of the two aforementioned chains, YS tends to be slightly more expensive, but also normally has a much wider selection than AD or HS.

When I search for stores, the Locator on the Wizards site is immeasurably helpful.

Clay

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Re: Japanese Singles seller

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:14 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:I presume you have already gone on your trip to Tokyo, but for anyone that goes there in the future for a visit....

Akihabara (or Akiba, for short) and Ikebukuro are your two best destinations while in Tokyo, and both are on the Yamanote (sp?) line, an above-ground train route that goes in a circle around Tokyo. Ikebukuro is a huge shopping district, so there's a lot of stores for anyone to browse.

The majority of stores will sell both Japanese and English. Chain stores like Yellow Submarine, Hobby Station and Amenity Dreams will usually carry other foreign language boosters, typically of Chinese or European (FR/GE/IT/SP) variety. Of the two aforementioned chains, YS tends to be slightly more expensive, but also normally has a much wider selection than AD or HS.

When I search for stores, the Locator on the Wizards site is immeasurably helpful.

Clay
You bettcha!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9919&hilit=tokyo

Sadly my wife had an almost allergic reaction to Akihabara so I only went once, and as she was with me I didn't get to buy anything at all!

There were some Japanese Lorwyn Sealed Boosters for sale in one of the shops but it would have been difficult to explain that I wanted one of each picture and to pay without my wife becoming suspicious of what I was up to so sadly it was a wasted opportunity.

Nice day out though.