Traditional Chinese Seller

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Traditional Chinese Seller

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:18 am

Hey all,

A few months back I did a cold-call email to a bunch of card stores in Taiwan (via the store search on the WOTC page) to hopefully purchase some Traditional Chinese cards.

One of the card stores that responded was Card Master Games. I have now completed two purchases with them, and the cards were in NM/Mint condition, and they had pretty much all of the Theros/BOTG cards I was looking for to go into my global collections. Based on these two experiences, I now feel confident enough to share their info with you guys. (there was an issue with the first order - received wrong language versions of two cards, but they resolved the issue with TC replacements at no cost in the 2nd order).

Their email is cardmaster.tw@gmail.com. Their website is http://www.cardmaster.tw

Clay

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Cheers for that, I walked around Taiwan looking for stores which sold the cards and found a couple that had boosters but only recent ones.

I will give these folks a try as they have some I am after, any idea if they sell sealed products overseas, I know they don't like to in Hong Kong.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Mark;

Not sure if you area aware of it but WotC threatens excommunication of any dealer or distributor that sells sealed product outside of the country it is made for.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:18 pm

I have had trouble in the past with American sites not wanting to sell me sealed Russian Boosters because of that policy, I can't imagine the Russian Boosters were made for the Russian speaking population of America but you never know.

I have a friend in Taiwan who is a gamer, he has gone off MtG a bit because it took over most of the other games and was too difficult to shake once you were addicted.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:31 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Mark;

Not sure if you area aware of it but WotC threatens excommunication of any dealer or distributor that sells sealed product outside of the country it is made for.

Gary
Gary, I'm pretty sure that policy is only for product currently produced, and out-of-print product is fair game. Someone will correct me if I am wrong in this. :-P

Clay

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Tap4black can speak with much more knowledge and authority than I but my understanding is, as far as 'policy' goes all sealed product is included.

This exercise of control was implemented to try and shut down the 'gray market' that contributed to the loss of so much of the Asian market that the regular distribution chain gave up, specifically in Korea, and the presence of places to play magic dropped like a ton of bricks. I saw this in Korea mostly but also ran into it when I went to the Philippines, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Places that provided play area constantly fought people buying boosters on the gray market and wanting to take up play space at the store. I mean, in some cased, at the one table in the store(there was only room for one).

Peter told me that they worked hard to impact the problem but just didn't have the technology that they do now. A booster can be traced to the distributor and shop it was sold to.

That is the reason, the policy and the idea behind it. What happens in reality? At my last count, there were like only 10% of the distributors left from those that originally handled Magic around '99. Part of that, my guess, is because they were 'dumping' product where it was not supposed to be.

A single booster doesn't seem like much, but a leak in the faucet can become a lot more and it just isn't worth loosing your source of supply for a few pieces of product.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:04 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:Mark;

Gary
Gary, I'm pretty sure that policy is only for product currently produced, and out-of-print product is fair game. Someone will correct me if I am wrong in this. :-P

Clay
I have even struggled to get OOP product from overseas dealers. They are really scared of losing the license, they tell me they can't do it and then I tell them I have an address in America (Thanks for that by the way :) ) and they have no trouble selling to me. So it is not an ethical struggle they are facing :)

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Well, if you are looking for Theros T-Chinese booster packs, I set aside 2 sets. just let me know :)

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:34 am

I just received my first order with this seller, and it went great ! The guy's really nice, condition was perfect and price were really good too. Thanks again Clay !
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Re: Traditional Chinese Seller

Post by LandDestroyer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:33 pm

I am looking for Some T-chinese M12 Grim lavamancers (foil and non-foil) and foil torment ones as well (and an s-chinese of that) for reasonable prices. Can't access those sites from work. Are they available?

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:59 pm

Still need help getting T-Chinese M12 Grim Lavamancers - foil and non-foil. Could use another torment foil t-chinese as well. Think it is 狰狞熔岩术士

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:24 am

LandDestroyer wrote:Think it is 狰狞熔岩术士
The one you mention is Simplified Chinese, for Traditional Chinese look for this one:

猙獰熔岩術士
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:51 pm

dragsamou wrote:
LandDestroyer wrote:Think it is 狰狞熔岩术士
The one you mention is Simplified Chinese, for Traditional Chinese look for this one:

猙獰熔岩術士
Thanks, I knew mine was the S-Chinese one but for some reason couldn't get that 2nd character. Thanks!