Star City putting Rarities/misprints on E-bay again

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

BenBleiweiss
Legendary StarcityGames General Manager

Post by BenBleiweiss » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:34 pm

andytalaga wrote:@ Ben, (sort of off topic) is there a way you can list some of your foreign commons and uncommons on ebay. I know i looked through that 5000ct box you had at the SCG Philly and a lot of that was kind of impulse buying like "hot damn here is a japanese dauthi horror" etc. but your site is so not-searching-for-foreign-cards friendly that it makes it impossible to find stuff except if you are looking for it directly. I know the advanced search has the box for search foreign cards but it brings up a million pages and it is hard to navigate.

I am sure that there are others on this site who do global collections or who are looking to complete foreign sets that would love to see some good commons and uncommons that are not that easy to find put up (or the website easier to search e.g. be able to search for "Korean" or "Japanese" and not get "no results".
Hey Andy:

We'd love to be able to help anyone who needs a specific foreign card, and we are aware that navigating our foreign inventory is a bit dicy right now, online. We are currently working on methods to streamline the presentation of our foreign inventory, so bear with us while we work out the kinks on that end :)

As far as helping people find foreign cards, by all means, if anyone is looking for a specific foreign card and you don't see it listed on our website, please contact Ken.Adams@starcitygames.com and let him know what you're looking for! We will never be able to post every foreign card that walks through our door (because the time/effort involved of creating items for 8x every common/Uncommon/Rare ever printed is too high, and the amount the extra inventory would slow down our shopping cart is too much), but Ken would be happy to take a look around his desk to see if we have any particular card (or list of cards) anyone is looking for!

- Ben

Jeppe
Librarities Legend

Post by Jeppe » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Regarding price on dark Visions: A lot with 7 dark Visions rares was sold on eBay for $21.15 recently. Not sure if that was "too cheap", though.
My cat collection and my Scathe Zombies collection
Do you have cards that I'm looking for? Let me know!

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:59 am

Jeppe wrote:Regarding price on dark Visions: A lot with 7 dark Visions rares was sold on eBay for $21.15 recently. Not sure if that was "too cheap", though.
I've found that generally those cards go pretty cheap on ebay, but in person people will ask much higher prices for them, though I don't know if they get those prices or not.

savagebtings

Post by savagebtings » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 am

Is Cephalid Looter 'Wizard' really that rare? (70$).
I only ask as ive got 3 just laying about, pretending to be ordinary commons (albeit in a 'played' state).

BenBleiweiss

Post by BenBleiweiss » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:07 pm

savagebtings wrote:Is Cephalid Looter 'Wizard' really that rare? (70$).
I only ask as ive got 3 just laying about, pretending to be ordinary commons (albeit in a 'played' state).
I know that the last one we acquired, three years ago, sold for $50 BIN within hours of being put up.

- Ben

savagebtings

Post by savagebtings » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks for the reply Ben.
That's brought a surprised smile to my face..:)
Guess i'll be hunting around commons boxes for these then...

BenBleiweiss

Post by BenBleiweiss » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:00 am

By the way, as suggested by people on these boards, we are now accepting "Best offers" on several of the items in our e-bay store!

- Ben

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Ebay Germany

Post by equi-nox76 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:54 am

BenBleiweiss wrote:
I know that the last one we acquired, three years ago, sold for $50 BIN within hours of being put up.

- Ben
Hm, I got about 7 Euro on Ebay Germany for them...
Chris

magicdude

Re: Ebay Germany

Post by magicdude » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:21 pm

equi-nox76 wrote:
BenBleiweiss wrote:

- Ben
Hm, I got about 7 Euro on Ebay Germany for them...
Chris
I payed € 10 for mine in the Netherlands...
These apparently all come from Prerelease Starter Decks.