Global Dealers

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

svenman
Librarities Member

Post by svenman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:55 am

I sell non-english cards on my website www.manamaze.com
Each set has a non-englisch section, like:
http://manamaze.com/en/singles/Guildpac ... &langId=-1
I'm based in Amsterdam but ship worldwide. Expect more foreign cards in the future. No Dutch cards though! :-D

notsofasteddie
Librarities Legend

Post by notsofasteddie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Well I've taken my first shot at ordering from one of the companies on the list of Global Dealers, Magic Bazar. I chose them because they list the condition on their cards. Many of the others don't specify condition, at least to these English-centric eyes. If I were to order from some of the other companies what condition can I expect for the cards I get?

Thanks for any and all help

Ed
Last edited by notsofasteddie on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:53 pm

Depends on the country. Portugal and Italy are not the best...

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Post by NeRo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:57 am

hi,

the best german page is http://magickartenmarkt.de/ or http://www.magiccardmarket.eu/ ...

growing page with german, spanish, english and french version.

legacy and vintage foils are sometimes quite expansive but anyway a very nice page.

regards

Magik321
Legendary Infernal Contract Collector

Post by Magik321 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:12 pm

Buymorecards can be removed from this list. Terrible store. No notice after paying, nothing shipped. I just filed a claim.

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:30 pm

buymorecards has been removed -- I cannot really endorse a lot of these sites... I surfed the net and found any all stores I could selling MTG cards and added them to the list. Please, if you have a negative experience, let us know! (Thanks Magik321 and I hope everything works out!)

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:01 pm

ritnecrowin wrote:Please, if you have a negative experience, let us know!
First of all, Ritnecrowin, thanks much for all your work putting this together.

I will make a comment about Cardshark.com, not that it needs to be removed but a word of caution.

When it first started, and I hope it has changed, I put a bunch of cards up for auction (more in spite or "you know who" than anything). I only sold two items when I discovered that the company was ripping off money from the transaction. In addition to their commission on the sale they charged the buyer more for postage and handling than what they passed on to the seller. In fact there was almost a 50% difference.

That was a few years ago and I have not double checked them recently so they may have cleaned up their act. If they have and someone has sold through them without this theft please let me know.

In this case my advice is "Seller Beware"

PS please vote on my poll at http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=6540

Thanks
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi Brain,

I've received a reply from Buymorecards. Amazing, they started replying again after receiving a paypal dispute. Their last email to me was dated 19th march and this is what they sent me today:

Posted by Aaron DeLeo (I'm assuming he is the store's owner)
You can cry and whine all you want. You are really not going to get any money from us because YOU are the scammer.

We sent your items quite some time ago and have the postal receipts and customs forms to show it (which show the date and time your order was sent). We have forwarded this information to paypal and have retained in case legal matters come about. Theres not really much we can do if your country decides to delay your delivery.

If you would care to reply further, feel free. We have contacted you many times and you are the one who decides not to reply so whos being the jerk now?
I lol'ed at that. Store took my money, no cards came, and I'm a scammer? First time I heard a store doing that.

Also, no tracking = no evidence. Custom forms don't prove anything in Paypal eyes.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:51 pm

How can someone call his customer a jerk ? That's amazing !

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:12 pm

WOW.... It sounds like paypal will side with you....

I think it's safe to say that reply will make any of the members here think twice before ordering from them!!! What a shame he would act like that!

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Magik321 wrote:Buymorecards.
I think the first hint of their busness model is reflected in their name...

Don't think I will give them any business, thanks much for the heads up.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:36 pm

The store's Paypal is not even verified (I missed that because I did instant checkout, a storefront with unvierfied Paypal is certainly fishy). Wonder how a store's paypal account be even not verified. I'm pretty sure I'll win the case since Paypal wants proof that item has been received before awarding the case in the sellers favor. I doubt I'll get back any money anyway. The person probably withdrew everything out.

Also he claimed that he had 6000 orders after I ordered on the first week of March. My order was number #85 and the store was up and running for ages and he had #85 orders, to think he could garner 6000 orders within 3 weeks. Its amazing. My order was even updated on his store as shipped, and his last reply was: "I have problems with Paypal, and I've been swampped with orders. If you have any problems. Let me know."

So I emailed back several times and no replies, no updates and I started a dispute. His recent reply posted below shows that he can't even be bothered to give updates to customers, and yet still asked me to email back if I had any problems 1-2 weeks back.

After his claims that he sent the item with tracking etc, he still never gave me or Paypal any tracking number. He was only quick to point out what a scammer, jerk, and a person out to flame bait.
We sent your items quite some time ago and have the postal receipts and customs forms to show it (which show the date and time your order was sent).
His next reply:
wow. for not doing anything wrong in this situation, u sure decided to start a flame war on some website I've never really heard of. i decided to create an account on that website as well to tell our side of the story. i'm working on it now.

we've shipped almost (checking now)...
6000 orders since your order went out. all around the world.

now, i apologize if your order didn't arrive, but usually if someone says "did you ship our item?" i wait a few days because frankly its silly to waste time replying to something that's already been taken care of. if you dont like that policy, sorry. But when you filling orders and shipping everyday, some emails just dont get the attention they need.

funny how you would post on THAT website (didnt know we were even linked there). I can't say its a big loss.

But ANYWAYS - your item was shipped, you want to blog about how bad we are as a company - go for it. the truth is right here in my hand.

again, sorry if you want to resort to calling us names on some website we dont know anything about.
My reply:
6000 orders? My order was number 85. Apparently your store is'nt as big as you big it is, cosidering your stock is pretty terrible. All the emails you've been sending me and no tracking number as you have claimed. Send it to me and stop wasting my time and yours.

The public can judge better how a store like you can call a customer a scammer and a jerk.

First time I heard a store not updating that orders have been shipped. Too bad. I will only drop the dispute once cards have been received, or evidence to show that cards have been sent. Your words don't mean anything and does not serve as evidence.

Your paypal is'nt even verified and you call yourself a store?
back to his next reply:
lol now its insults.

ouch, they hurt. lets go back and forth about this because its being productive and solvign the problem! (sarcasm)

I'm not sure if the people there in Indonesia or Malaysia or wherever you are use use common sense but I'll play along by continuing your train of though.

Your order was#85. Thats one day isnt too bad. dontcha think? You think we've only had 85 orders ever? thats silly talk. And if our inventory was so horrible, why did you buy from us?

How many paypal accounts do u think we have? one? Thats not very productive now is it. sorry that one wasn't verified.

I'm just one customer service rep (who doesnt really take the time to care) and i'm hoping you continue to post this on that forum (bad publicity is better than none.) I dont own this company (read below) but its nice to think I do. Thanks for the props!

At first I was going to be kind and I was about to just go ahead and refund your payment so you would have a pleasant experience with your refund and soon to be arriving cards...but after you decided to insult me personally (and say I am the owner) I figured why give you that satisfaction?

I can play this game (it may get me fired) but why not go back and forth and make the company look bad? i'm about to be fired anyways, once they realize i'm not cut out for this job. lol.

so yeah. your turn!

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:20 pm

Isn't there a rule stating a store can only have 1 PayPal account? You might want to forward that one on to PayPal for them to read.

me-and_we
Librarities Legend

Post by me-and_we » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:34 pm

l0qii wrote:Isn't there a rule stating a store can only have 1 PayPal account? You might want to forward that one on to PayPal for them to read.
Not iirc. When I moved from Germany to Austria I contacted the support how I can get an Austrian bank acc conected to my pp. Reply back then was sth. like "you can't add an austrian account, just create a new one with your austrian address"

Anyways, those replies do sound fishy. Hope your order wasn't too big and you didn't lose too much in this event.

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Well, I won the Paypal claim, and got back most of my money. Looking at the replies from the store, they definitely not going to refund me the rest. Could'nt get back less than $5.

Funny that they say I never sent a reply to them when I could tell them in detail when all my emails were sent, and they 'received' my latest reply because I was accusing them of mail fraud.

The reason they gave for not refunding was, because they did'nt want to open up another Paypal account to send the refund (where did their tons of Paypal accounts go?).

And these:
Frankly, I think the cards have arrived and you are just jerking us around because that may be the kind of person you are
I've done everything I can (including play your little game via Paypal) about this.
No idea about playing games on Paypal, they never replied.
If you would have just cancelled the Paypal inquiry like I asked you to, you would have gotten your full return. Nobody to fault but yourself.
Cancel the claim and get back no money?

Looks like a very very shady store. They can't even remember when was my item supposely been 'shipped' at all, no updates nothing.