Fraudulent Seller? Is mr.summers on eBay selling fakes

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Fraudulent Seller? Is mr.summers on eBay selling fakes

Post by Hayden » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Hello all,

I keep seeing this mr.summers guy/gal on ebay putting up various summer cards and every single time the images are blurry. To the point of it being so consistently bad over the past year of seeing this that masking clarity of images is obviously deliberate. I have mentioned to them that their items would do better numerous times if they had clearer images but nothing changes.

I am wondering why this has not been mentioned before on these boards as I would have expected someone else to be questioning the validity of this seller and their cards by now. They have some feedback but that could be all fake as well - who knows.

So if anyone here has purchased from this person before please reply and clear the question of these being fake cards or not up. I will gladly alter this OP to confirm this seller as real if there is evidence to support this. Otherwise I'd like to weed them out as fraudsters before a serious collector gets burned.

here is the latest listing
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/122546582550?ul_noapp=true

matts46570
Librarities Hero

Re: Fraudulent Seller? Is mr.summers on eBay selling fakes

Post by matts46570 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi buddy,

I bought from him once and graded the land, and it turned out ok. However, I have my doubts like you. I mean the guy has been selling Summer lands for the past 3 years at least; he almost seems to have an infinite number of them. Maybe Beckett didn't notice it was a fake when I sent it? Or maybe all this is the real deal? Who knows. I'm happy you pointed it out, I think people should be careful.
Unlimited collector! Please pm me if you have any BGS 9.5 or very good-looking ungraded cards to trade or sell!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Hayden wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 pm
Hello all,

I keep seeing this mr.summers guy/gal on ebay putting up various summer cards and every single time the images are blurry. To the point of it being so consistently bad over the past year of seeing this that masking clarity of images is obviously deliberate. I have mentioned to them that their items would do better numerous times if they had clearer images but nothing changes.

I am wondering why this has not been mentioned before on these boards as I would have expected someone else to be questioning the validity of this seller and their cards by now. They have some feedback but that could be all fake as well - who knows.

So if anyone here has purchased from this person before please reply and clear the question of these being fake cards or not up. I will gladly alter this OP to confirm this seller as real if there is evidence to support this. Otherwise I'd like to weed them out as fraudsters before a serious collector gets burned.

here is the latest listing
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/122546582550?ul_noapp=true
Hi Hayden

Beside the bad quality pics, is a 100% seller, all the different comments are very positive. His pseudo sounds familar, there was an Irish guy offering Summer cards back in the years maybe it's him. I don't see any particular reasons to worry. IMHO
matts46570 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:54 pm
Hi buddy,

I bought from him once and graded the land, and it turned out ok. However, I have my doubts like you. I mean the guy has been selling Summer lands for the past 3 years at least; he almost seems to have an infinite number of them. Maybe Beckett didn't notice it was a fake when I sent it? Or maybe all this is the real deal? Who knows. I'm happy you pointed it out, I think people should be careful.
The best advertisement for Beckett if they've graded a "fake" card lol
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:24 am

dragsamou wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Beside the bad quality pics, is a 100% seller, all the different comments are very positive. His pseudo sounds familar, there was an Irish guy offering Summer cards back in the years maybe it's him. I don't see any particular reasons to worry. IMHO
Yes I saw all that and kinda think the same thing. But for someone to not be able to take a focused photo for all these auctions over time with tech being practically idiot proof these days... especially after it has been pointed out to them and they are hurting their own sales... yet they still don't make it better... Just has to raise some flags.

Either that or I am the paranoid fool not snatching up his under-priced cards :-k

Matt you may have the right idea ;)
And all the best for anyone who is buying these cards with the hopes they are all real. If anyone else on here has been a purchaser please feel free to update us with your confirmations on legitimacy of these cards.