Gaea's Cradles Test Foil Misprint

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Gaea's Cradles Test Foil Misprint

Post by secretgiant » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:20 am

Hi members. I've this for a long time. I will now sell it to the highest bidder. Mint condition.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... nkspot.jpg
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:52 am

Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:10 am

Please let us not continue to publish allegedly real cards. The whole discussion about james bond's member test has caused much more uproar than necessary already.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:18 am

O rly

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:22 am

Ralph Herold wrote:Please let us not continue to publish allegedly real cards. The whole discussion about james bond's member test has caused much more uproar than necessary already.
Ok. I wasn't possative what the general consensus was over James Bond's thread, except that I know I was very upset by it. I wanted to prove a point and I wanted it to be as visible as possible.
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

jamesbond
Legendary Secret British Agent

Post by jamesbond » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:37 am

i just want to say that my card is real, i can show it to anyone who comes in paris, it's not a photoshop modifed picture, the "real" card has been modified.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:26 pm

jamesbond wrote:i just want to say that my card is real, i can show it to anyone who comes in paris, it's not a photoshop modifed picture, the "real" card has been modified.
This has been understood.

What you fail to understand is that there's no point in trying to treat us like a gang of idiots.

Secretgiant himself had posted immediately after your spam topic saying "that card would have to be physically inspected before I buy it", and I also pointed out my doubts related to the fact this was the only Beta Albino ever seen around, so I'm slightly unsure about Alexis and you posting about "teaching us lessons", "nice experiment", "I told you", "Albinos are worthless because they're so easily faked" and blah, blah blah.

I don't know about the motives of who offered relevant amounts of money privately for your card without even seeing it and I don't really care since I wasn't among them. Maybe they were simply using that trust which this community has steadily tried to build before these strange attempts at undermining it.

Faded cards as opposed to truly miscolored ones are easily recognizable in real life (as are fake fillers), like Hammr7 and others have brilliantly described on the other thread.

To Dragsamou who seemed upset that I had offered $35-$40 each for 12 IA Albinos on Ebay I confirm they are perfectly authentic and am actually quite happy with the deal I got.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:07 pm

Secretgiant himself had posted immediately after your spam topic saying "that card would have to be physically inspected before I buy it"
Totally correct,that was one of the smartest answer.
and I also pointed out my doubts related to the fact this was the only Beta Albino ever seen around...
I don't think so,as you wrote:
It is logical to assume that there was a whole rare sheet like that...
so I'm slightly unsure about Alexis and you posting about "teaching us lessons", "nice experiment", "I told you", "Albinos are worthless because they're so easily faked" and blah, blah blah.
How comes that such an Expert like you,did even mentioned that he could be a "Faded card"?
Faded cards as opposed to truly miscolored ones are easily recognizable in real life (as are fake fillers), like Hammr7 and others have brilliantly described on the other thread.
Maybe for you,not to every Member,as I don't think it's not easy at All even in Real life to find out without Magni glass,scans,etc....And if we know now how to recognize them,it's because of experiment like this,and that brings also the First brilliant explanation of Hammr7 about those.
To Dragsamou who seemed upset that I had offered $35-$40 each for 12 IA Albinos on Ebay I confirm they are perfectly authentic and am actually
quite happy with the deal I got.
Ende73,you miss the point,as I'm really not upset about your auction or denied that they were authentic.I just point that as Albinos/Miscolored/etc..Involved most of the time serious amount of money,better be sure and aware about what you buy,even from reputable sellers.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:31 pm

Quite clearly, when I said it was quite strange that there was only 1 Beta Albino around, and asked members if they had ever seen others, I was implictly posting my skepticism about the card.
I simply didn't want to say "this is probably fake" off-hand, exactly for the reason we have to maintain confidence and trust here, as was discussed on previous occasions.

Surely warning about possibly counterfeit items is useful, and this has often been done in the past, but I do maintain my negative view about that Topic. Why play around in "April Fools" style instead of simply posting "I have seen more than usual partially Albinos for sale recently, members beware because some might be fake", possibly with examples etc. ?

We are all aware that Minagishi tokens, for example, have been heavily faked in the past (hell, some people even collect those fakes !)... but I never dreamed of posting a Topic saying I had found a whole box of the extra-rare ones just to "teach other members a lesson"...

And what if some members had committed the money they offered JamesBond (even if for a short time, and of this I credit you), maybe losing opportunities on other Ebay auctions they wanted to bid on ?

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:42 pm

ralph, plz close this topic or put the albino and this one together...............
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:53 pm

ende73 wrote:Quite clearly, when I said it was quite strange that there was only 1 Beta Albino around, and asked members if they had ever seen others, I was implictly posting my skepticism about the card.
I simply didn't want to say "this is probably fake" off-hand, exactly for the reason we have to maintain confidence and trust here, as was discussed on previous occasions.

Surely warning about possibly counterfeit items is useful, and this has often been done in the past, but I do maintain my negative view about that Topic. Why play around in "April Fools" style instead of simply posting "I have seen more than usual partially Albinos for sale recently, members beware because some might be fake", possibly with examples etc. ?

We are all aware that Minagishi tokens, for example, have been heavily faked in the past (hell, some people even collect those fakes !)... but I never dreamed of posting a Topic saying I had found a whole box of the extra-rare ones just to "teach other members a lesson"...

And what if some members had committed the money they offered JamesBond (even if for a short time, and of this I credit you), maybe losing opportunities on other Ebay auctions they wanted to bid on ?
Hi Enrico.
To make the story short.I take responsability to have mentioned many times at Raphy that I will be interested to know how much his Real Beta Fork Faded/Albino look will be going ON EBAY.I take responsability also to have remain Silent while he posts it on this Forum and catch me by surprise,and that was not an easy situation as eventual buyers are Members and also my friends.Now,I'm not the Creator of these REAL faded cards,I didn't ask him to post on the Forum,I didn't participate at all in any negociations,I just knew from the beginning that Raphy Never wanted to sell the card(A bunch of Members know the Fork Story),but just wanted to share his experience with Members.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.