Salvat Cards on MagicLibrary?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

normalbrains
Librarities Member

Salvat Cards on MagicLibrary?

Post by normalbrains » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:03 am

Hey Ralph, when do you plan on putting a section up for the Spanish Salvat cards with the pegasus logo? Im looking for more info on them and i cant find anything. I still dont know if they are unofficial or official WOTC product. If you have any more info on them id love to hear it or know when it might be put up on the site.

thanks
allyn

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:35 am

I am sorry. but I think I do not know anything not already written in the forum. I suggest you post specific questions about these cards. Maybe Gregtork can share some info he has not already. As far as I am concerned, I still need information when each issue of the encyclopedia was released and which cards came with which issue. I also need scans of all issues.

An update concering these cards will take some time, as this is not a small task, and I believe it is time to start working on Magic Card Sets, now that Magic Rarities is up-to-date in most categories.

normalbrains
Librarities Member

new info

Post by normalbrains » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:21 am

a new thread popped up on magic salvation about this set, but the bonehead mod locked the thread, saying it was a scam.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=29888

i still dont understand if it has been discontinued or what.

Gregtork
Legendary Goblin Vaenterianus Ibericus

Post by Gregtork » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:38 pm

As far I know (I dont have so much info, cause this is new again), the collection have been re-started some days ago with some differences since the last time...

In Augost-September 2005, we found the Salvat cards, but the distribution was so little that it was difficult to find in Madrid, and impossible to get in other cities of spain.

Salvat release this encyclopaedia as a "pilot". To try the response of the public, because cards games it is not his primery bussiness. The print run was too little, and ther abort the collection in #5 without previous notification.

Thats all... until yesterday.

Yesterday we saw a commercial on national TV announcing the collection. The price it is different from the last time, and they give free some items to suscriptors, as a 13cm M. djinn minuature, deck-boxes, and some more things.

It appears that they have "re-organiced" their minds, and reajusted the print run, the price and the distribution in all cities of Spain.

There are more info on their website (in spanish): http://www.salvat.es/.

Im triyng to get more info, to send to Ralph for publising in the website, but I have also problems with the trslation to english. Please excuse my english. I really dont know how express properly this kind of things that I tri to say. I hope all of you can understand this post without problem.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:50 pm

Gregtork>>
Oh, so they are at it again?
this time is there a list of cards to be included and do you know if there are any difference between old Salvat cards and the new ones?

no problem with your english César, my spanish is far worse :)

normalbrains
Librarities Member

Post by normalbrains » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:48 am

agzz wrote:Gregtork>>
are any difference between old Salvat cards and the new ones?
im also curious if there would be any difference between old and new cards. i guess well have to wait and see.