Trading Problems with Forum Member

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Trading Problems with Forum Member

Post by Mr.C » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:04 pm

So, i did a deal with a member here, which took forever for him to get me my cards. Due to size of the package, he said he sent a part of them registered, and another part (200 Unlimited Basic Lands, which amount to $25, but i had, HAD a buyer for them for quite a bit more than that). Due to him not sending in a timely fashion, since i'm moving away from Brazil, and, therefore, will be unable to trade these cards away, i'll have at least a $50 loss. Little money, true, but i sent out my cards in July, got his part in September, still missing some thing. Annoying, and bad for me, since i lost a client.

Question: 200 cards is heavy. However, i sent him close to 200 cards to, and i set registered, packed in sleeves, bubble envelope, etc. It cost me like $20 to send, but i didn't care. What do i do? We have no Bad Trader forum, and, from what i gather, he has had some, uhm, complications (not ripping, but complications) with other forum members. I still have two months to finish this deal, but, when i move out from Brazil, the lands will be useless, and i'll have to take more time to renegotiate the deal.

Suggestions?

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:52 pm

No suggestions?

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:22 pm

Hello,

we had a very recent similar Topic in the Trading General section recently started by Mighty_Morphling

I had also posted one in July (against Gzeiger) and actually obtained some results through it.

I believe these Topics are very useful and should be posted (but of course I'll respect Ralph Herold's and the other mods' opinion about this) provided that:

1) Every effort has been made to solve the issue through direct contact with the member involved with no appreciable result.
2) The other member is explictly named (I see no reason to Post "I have a problem with a member here"... either you say what you have to say or you don't post).
3) The other member is warned about the Topic so that he/she can reply and provide any evidence.

Off Topic (not bad trading but Magiclibrary netiquette):
While I'm at it, Mr. C I must say I'm a bit disappointed at the way you ignored several of my PMs in the past (Italian Legends before summer, FBB cards more recently). I took time in sorting the cards and giving values, and even a "No thanks, I'm not interested" reply would be appreciated...

:wink:
Last edited by ende73 on Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:28 pm

Hi Valter

What to do in first place.
1) Never sell cards befor you own them!
What I mean is you can not blame the seller where you will buy the cards for the loss of 50 dollars now.
Thats why you would make money because you take the risk to have them send from overseas and therfor get them cheaper. This time you lost your money sadly, and had to expiriance what people fear to happen if they buy them themselves.

2) You have a lot of questions in the QUESTION part.

a) If you trade with people normaly everybody takes his shipping expenses. If i was to send registered I would also want him to send registered. This goes for as long as card quantity is equal or near the same.(different if 1000 cards are traded for 1). then shipping obviosly is higher for the 1000 cards thing. But arrangements can be made and should be with same "Saftylevel".

Why did the tradingpartner not ship all cards registered in first place as you did!?
Which part was lost the non registered or the registered ?
I did not get that from your explenation.

b) we do not have a place to burn bad traders and I think there is also no need for it.
Ask one of the moderators or Ralph to contact the person and wait what answers they get. I think they will then find an appropriate solution.

I sadly had also some problems or at least I thought there might be one with some members but they somehow vanished once I brought the topic up:
"I`ll contact my good old freind Ralph and then burn you on the website, if nothing happens till DD.MM.YYYY"

Hope everything turns out fine for you and the situation gets solved

Richard

PS: What also is incredible:
If I know I need to send something why not do it right away? If I have troubles at the moment and tell somebody I will send next week, that also should be ok, shouldn`t it?
Why do people make a deal if they do inted to ship 6 years later????
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:12 pm

ende73: I fully agree that matters of this kind are discussed openly as long as the basic terms of conduct are upheld - which they usually are.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:16 pm

pickle.69 wrote:Hi Valter

What to do in first place.
1) Never sell cards befor you own them!
What I mean is you can not blame the seller where you will buy the cards for the loss of 50 dollars now.
Thats why you would make money because you take the risk to have them send from overseas and therfor get them cheaper. This time you lost your money sadly, and had to expiriance what people fear to happen if they buy them themselves.

True. However it was more of a 'oh, i picked these up from some dude in the USA, but, he is trustable, and i should have it in hands in a month.' not an auction type of thingy.

2) You have a lot of questions in the QUESTION part.

a) If you trade with people normaly everybody takes his shipping expenses. If i was to send registered I would also want him to send registered. This goes for as long as card quantity is equal or near the same.(different if 1000 cards are traded for 1). then shipping obviosly is higher for the 1000 cards thing. But arrangements can be made and should be with same "Saftylevel".

Why did the tradingpartner not ship all cards registered in first place as you did!?

He said it would have cost him $20 to ship it. However, it cost me $15 to ship his cards, and i am certain i make less money than him, so, his response, imo, is unjustifiable.

Which part was lost the non registered or the registered ?

non-registered, unsurprisingly.

I did not get that from your explenation.

b) we do not have a place to burn bad traders and I think there is also no need for it.
Ask one of the moderators or Ralph to contact the person and wait what answers they get. I think they will then find an appropriate solution.

I sadly had also some problems or at least I thought there might be one with some members but they somehow vanished once I brought the topic up:
"I`ll contact my good old freind Ralph and then burn you on the website, if nothing happens till DD.MM.YYYY"

Hope everything turns out fine for you and the situation gets solved

Richard

PS: What also is incredible:
If I know I need to send something why not do it right away? If I have troubles at the moment and tell somebody I will send next week, that also should be ok, shouldn`t it?
Why do people make a deal if they do inted to ship 6 years later????

No idea. I have had some problems on shipping late in the past, but i always let the person know.
The menber in question is van8888. He said: (quoting him):

"(...) so I did not get tracking on this box (it would have cost over $20 for this second box alone). If it does not arrive within a few weeks, I have some more lands I will reship to you. "

This was some two months ago, after my cards beign returned to him for address problems, although i am certain i gave him the correct address.

No, i have not received the lands, and i'd love to have received them already byy now.

Enrico: PM'ed you. I'm still interested, but, uh, due to some problems, i still dont have the cards in hand.
Last edited by Mr.C on Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:24 pm

After a couple of these posts recently i have to say i think it sad that in such a small comunity of active members where, i'd guess, all are used to trade/sell/buy by mail, some dont take the time to send within a week even. the whole precess takes like 5 min divided on two occations (packing and sending) how bussy can a person be? To me its damn disrespectfull.

[OT]and I do agree with ende73, atleast a 'no thanks' would be nice after sorting out a few hundred cards..[/OT]

ende73

Post by ende73 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:02 pm

Just to clarify, Mr. C just PMed me saying he did not forget about our potential trade but is currently waiting for some other things to settle. He had simply forgotten to tell me so and now promptly apologized for it.

I hope his trading problems get solved soon, like Mighty_Morphling's on the other Topic where I'm surprised to see no further replies or updates.

I totally agree with agzz about the "busy" business... it's the lamest excuse ever :evil:

I have a job and kid and consider myself pretty "busy" too, but either I know I can honor my trades in a timely fashion, or I simply abstain from entering new ones.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:08 pm

My DCI Crystalline Sliver that was supposed to come from Evan never arrived at my apartment before I had to move, and he had about a month to get it to me. I have never heard from Evan again, either an apology that it didn't get to me or a refund on my $20. And to top it off he acquired another Foil Crystalline Sliver for himself at about the same time.

I deeply distrust him.

Best of luck to you Mr. C.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:15 pm

psrex wrote:My DCI Crystalline Sliver that was supposed to come from Evan never arrived at my apartment before I had to move, and he had about a month to get it to me. I have never heard from Evan again, either an apology that it didn't get to me or a refund on my $20. And to top it off he acquired another Foil Crystalline Sliver for himself at about the same time.

I deeply distrust him.

Best of luck to you Mr. C.
How long ago was this?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:19 pm

Hi Members.
I have traded few times with Evan,one is still going on.While,I never get a problem at the end,I have to say,that he's one of the Slowest Member to pay for things but the Fastest to ask :wink:
I have feedbacks from a lot of Members complaining about the same thing
I believe,it's time for Evan to change radically is Trading/Buying attitude with the Members of this forum,otherwise he will definately be the First Member on a Serious "Black List.
PS:Evan,thanks to answer and act in regards of my PM of the 9th of November.Thanks.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:20 pm

January 2005.

ende73

Post by ende73 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:39 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
I have traded few times with Evan,one is still going on.While,I never get a problem at the end,I have to say,that he's one of the Slowest Member to pay for things but the Fastest to ask :wink:
I have feedbacks from a lot of Members complaining about the same thing
I believe,it's time for Evan to change radically is Trading/Buying attitude with the Members of this forum,otherwise he will definately be the First Member on a Serious "Black List.
PS:Evan,thanks to answer and act in regards of my PM of the 9th of November.Thanks.

I will have to second that on some occasions, although my last trading experience was when he offered to third party for a guy who'd send only to the USA, and in that case he was extremely quick and helpful.

I believe he has some spells of over-enthusiasm and some moments of laziness, and yes we'd all love to deal with the first Evan all the time.

On a side note, I'll have to say something similar about Fvzappa too on the other Topic unless he decides to post something.

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:52 pm

Whoever has him for the XMAS exchange should wait until July or until he speeds himself up. :|
Solitary Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:29 pm

A trader should never offer a trade on this forum unless they can complete it (including delivery) within four or five weeks. The only possible exception should be when a trader makes it known before the trade that they cannot get to an item for an extended period of time, and can also give a specific time when the trade will be completed.

Within the US there are actually consumer laws that require a seller (or a trader when bartering) to specify in advance if delivery will exceed 30 days. Furthermore, the buyer can demand that the sale be negated if these conditions are unmet (no advanced warning and a 30+ day delivery), and can usually recover out-of-pocket expenses associated with the transaction. While the costs of such actions can be prohibitive, the idea of fair play in trades is quite appropriate.

I have been involved in numerous transactions, both local and international. Neither should take more than 30 days. Within the US, I have had a couple of media mail shipments take four weeks (the package had tracking, so I know it took that long). All other forms of shipping have taken less than 14 days. My experiences internationally have been similar. So long as you don't use the absolute cheapest shipping method (the slow boat to China), I have never had a shipment to or from the US take more than about 15 to 20 days.