European Arena League R.I.P.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

NightBeing
Librarities Member

Post by NightBeing » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:18 pm

Dilligaf wrote:
NightBeing wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi.
This is the answer about the Wood Elves ;-)
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/ads ... 0First.pdf
A case of not seeing the thing that's right in your face. It's the "Start here" link for organizers on Gateway page...

Still, I can't see one other thing. This file says the following:
20 Wood Elves promo cards: this is the promo card which your players can
get when they hand in the voucher which is to be found in the PlayMagic.com kit -1 promo card per fi lled-out voucher.
Now, when I went to playmagic.com, I can't find where said voucher is supposed to be, unless it is in 80+ MB download of the demo, which I didn't bother with... I wonder, how someone is supposed to fill it, if they have a hard time finding it, even when looking for it?..
your own quote solves your problem.

the voucher is IN THE KIT, not on the site.
Ditto -- a case of not seeing the thing that's right in your face... I'll check what THAT kit is later... Still doesn't appear too trivial to put 20 cards for those coupons in Gateway kits...
The CheeseshireCat

Jess
Legendary Wet Dreams Tokens Creator

Post by Jess » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:01 am

I called Wizards France in order to obtain the answer. The Playmagic.com coupon will be found exclusively on Wizards stands, during conventions and stuff.

They will be handed out to beginners who want to discover the game. Said beginners will then have to bring the coupon to a shop and you guess the rest.
Artist for Neo-Token.

NightBeing
Librarities Member

Post by NightBeing » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:34 pm

Jess wrote:I called Wizards France in order to obtain the answer. The Playmagic.com coupon will be found exclusively on Wizards stands, during conventions and stuff.

They will be handed out to beginners who want to discover the game. Said beginners will then have to bring the coupon to a shop and you guess the rest.
I just got the e-mail from my distributor, and he says these kits are the same thing that "Intro to the DCI" are. But I am not sure they know themselves for sure...
The CheeseshireCat

NightBeing
Librarities Member

Post by NightBeing » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:51 pm

Update:
Magic: The Gathering Intro to the DCI Kit and Magic:
The Gathering Tournament Support Kit are US version of PlayMagic.com and Gateway sets.
The CheeseshireCat

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:44 am

I have downloaded the 87 MB "kit" and can confirm that there is no voucher to be found. The "kit" is the same Magic tutorial software which has also been released in the 9th Edition Core Game Starter Set.

macone
Librarities Legend

Post by macone » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:36 pm