what the...how is this legal?!

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:29 pm

dry cereal wrote:but the water doesn't bead like that on a card you erase the front off of.
Maybe he laminates them.

HypnoticSpecter

Post by HypnoticSpecter » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:12 pm

Update:

as i said i bought some stuff from this guy to test him.
he never answered my emails or anything.
I got my money back through paypal.
today i got those proxies...
they are not so bad compared to other proxies, but still far away from a real card.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:21 am

so the proxies were free? Hmm...are they still illegal if he gives them away? I'd assume so, right?

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:10 pm

another one:
http://www.magicmakercards.com/

who is also posting misleading auctions on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MTG-Unlimited-Power ... dZViewItem

ArsenicDrone
Librarities Member

Post by ArsenicDrone » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:17 pm

dry cereal wrote:so the proxies were free? Hmm...are they still illegal if he gives them away? I'd assume so, right?
Counterfeit is counterfeit, this definitely isn't "fair use".

The guy's moved again, to http://www.makemagicfun.com. Proxies are OK, I bought some of the nice Gaming Etc ones (which seem to be sold out now), but counterfeit is not the way to go. Hopefully eBay or Wizards shut him down.

tap4black
Legendary Alpha Collector

Post by tap4black » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:54 pm

I decided to end a few of his auctions early today. Hope he likes his new feedback :shock:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ermakerman

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:04 pm

hahahaha!! can't...breathe...!!!

hahaaha!

misterpid
Legendary World's Toughest Milkman

Post by misterpid » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:15 pm

Just so you know, he can probably get all of those feedbacks removed, and possibly get you're account booted from ebay.

Yes, what he's doing is wrong. But you directly violated ebay's rules -beetween the language in the feedback and bidding just so you could leave that feedback.
Always looking for:
Legends Presence of the Master (English or Italian)
Dark Sorrow's Path (English or Italian)
Non-English Contract From Below.

tap4black
Legendary Alpha Collector

Post by tap4black » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:47 pm

As I gave the information to the sales manager at Wizards and she is laughing her a$$ off about it I am not too worried about any Ebay repercussions. The important thing is his current auctions are ended and now he can deal with the hassle of fighting to get his end of auction fees back.

As to my account getting suspended, oh well, I have 3 others I can use immediately and I can start as many new ones as needed to keep up with his new seller accounts.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:50 pm

Damn nicely done.

misterpid
Legendary World's Toughest Milkman

Post by misterpid » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:56 am

tap4black wrote:As to my account getting suspended, oh well, I have 3 others I can use immediately and I can start as many new ones as needed to keep up with his new seller accounts.
Yes, but if ebay finds out that any of them are you, they're gone also. If you have any suspended/"No Longer a Registered User" accounts, you're technically not allowed to log into ebay under any account. This is something that they do enforce when they find out about it.

If you want to start a feud with this seller, go ahead - but if he decides to retalliate, he can have all of your accounts shut down (assuming he can prove they're yours).

Just some friendly info - in case something does happen, now you'll know why. Chances are it won't get to that.
Always looking for:
Legends Presence of the Master (English or Italian)
Dark Sorrow's Path (English or Italian)
Non-English Contract From Below.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:16 am

misterpid wrote:
tap4black wrote:As to my account getting suspended, oh well, I have 3 others I can use immediately and I can start as many new ones as needed to keep up with his new seller accounts.
Yes, but if ebay finds out that any of them are you, they're gone also. If you have any suspended/"No Longer a Registered User" accounts, you're technically not allowed to log into ebay under any account. This is something that they do enforce when they find out about it.

If you want to start a feud with this seller, go ahead - but if he decides to retalliate, he can have all of your accounts shut down (assuming he can prove they're yours).

Just some friendly info - in case something does happen, now you'll know why. Chances are it won't get to that.
I'm afraid misterpid might be right here.

Those people at Ebay are such idiots that they will always abide by formal rules without even considering what's going on behind it.