Looking for particular type of long box

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Looking for particular type of long box

Post by flatmatt » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:47 am

I have this box and I've used it for years to hold all my decks.  Recently, though, I've run out of room in it.  I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might still be able to get a similar box fairly inexpensively.  I originally bought this at our local Wizards of the Coast store, back when they, well, existed.  I'm pretty sure these haven't been made for a few years.

I was bidding on one on eBay similar to it, but it was for the Exodus set.  It went up to $26.  There's one for Tempest up right now, and I don't expect it to go much cheaper.  Perhaps the more common boxes like this would go for less?

Alternately, has anyone seen some other type of longbox (like the plain white ones) where the cards sit vertically?  That's my primary concern for this second box.

Thanks! :)

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Re: Looking for particular type of long box

Post by silver.paladin » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:47 am

Too bad this did not come out 2 months sooner, I could have given you the box I had.
I do have a question though - this box appears quite similar to the one I remember having, but, the box I had was a promo one.  I do not remember exactly what was in it, but basically, it contained approx 10 boosters of various languages.  I know there was other stuff in it, but my main memory was of the foreign boosters.
Is this the same box, or is it something different?
Oct 30, away until further notice

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:49 am

You might be thinking of the anthologies gift box.

These long boxes were sold at a store near me years ago. There were maybe 4 or 5 dif ones? Along with boxes that were particular to a specific color. They were $1.75 a piece originally I think.
Apathy House
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:22 am

Right, like l0qii said.  I personally have only seen the ones for each of the five colors (this is the green one) and the one for artifacts (had all the Moxen, Black Lotus, and i think Cursed Scroll and Chaos Orb, among others, on it).  I'm not sure how much I bought this for, but no, it didn't come with anything in it.

Lasbrook

Post by Lasbrook » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:29 am

There was an artifact box? I've never seen that one, even back when these were being sold. I kinda wish they were still around too as I could use one or two myself. My white box has seen better days(it was once run over by a truck at very low speed).  I really don't know where you'd be able to pick them up aside from Ebay.  Maybe you can find someone at a tourney who has one and will trade?

The only thing i can think of for the box with foreign boosters is the Visions Multiverse box, but that only came with 4 foreign boosters and 2 special visions boosters.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:00 pm

Well, these boxes were sold here in Brazil a few years ago, too, and costed something like $5... I wish i could get one of these... Tired of using LotR card boxes for mtg...
I collect foils and FBB Base Sets. PM me.

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Post by Muldoon » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:14 pm

Too bad this did not come out 2 months sooner, I could have given you the box I had.
I do have a question though - this box appears quite similar to the one I remember having, but, the box I had was a promo one.  I do not remember exactly what was in it, but basically, it contained approx 10 boosters of various languages.  I know there was other stuff in it, but my main memory was of the foreign boosters.
Is this the same box, or is it something different?
This was the Multiverse gift box (http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-multiverse.html) and the cards were stored horizontally in those.
My friend has most of the boxes asked for in the topic, I'm quite sure he doesn't get rid of them though... There's one for each colour and artifacts, I don't know about land.
Also, there are similar ones that bear a big mana symbol and maybe store cards horizontally, I can't remember it 100% right now. The other kind was a bit of a step down from the others in art and prettiness, though, from what I can recall. If I think about it, I'll try to get a pic of my friend's boxes just for the record.
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:09 pm

This was the Multiverse gift box (http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-multiverse.html) and the cards were stored horizontally in those.
My friend has most of the boxes asked for in the topic, I'm quite sure he doesn't get rid of them though... There's one for each colour and artifacts, I don't know about land.
Also, there are similar ones that bear a big mana symbol and maybe store cards horizontally, I can't remember it 100% right now. The other kind was a bit of a step down from the others in art and prettiness, though, from what I can recall. If I think about it, I'll try to get a pic of my friend's boxes just for the record.

I meant "Multiverse"... honest :) And I gave my Multiverse box away.
I don't remember there being an artifact box but yes, there was a set of these boxes with art on them for each color, but also a set of boxes with just the mana symbols on them for each color. The mana symbol ones are the ones  I said cost $1.75 here years ago.
Apathy House
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:36 pm

Indeed, someone recently posted on the Wizards boards about these, complete with images.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=369352

Thanks all so far for your help. :)

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:17 pm

Couple things.  First off the Multiverse Gift Box is a different style of box.  The top actually lifted off like a hat box and was a hard waxed coat box.  I still have mine and store my Battletech CCG rares in it that overflow from my binders since I have so many.  

These artistic boxes you are referring to had the name 'resin boxes' attached to them.  I have my green Mirage one I still use to this day.  They are great for holding decks, counters, dice, etc.  You are right though, you don't see them around anymore these days.  

Here is a helpful eBay search you might want to bookmark to find one you want:
http://search.ebay.com/box-storage-resi ... ageZsearch

Here is a eBay store item for only $.99 that might fit the bill should you ask the seller:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WD1V

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:36 pm

Here is a eBay store item for only $.99 that might fit the bill should you ask the seller:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WD1V
That looks like it might be promising.  It looks shorter than my current box, which would actually be useful since I don't have enough decks to fill up a second as well.  I'll e-mail the seller and possibly buy it if/when I am outbid on the Tempest box.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:52 am

I have the long Artifact - box  [smiley=approve.gif]

It looks gorgeous, and I never imagined it was a rarity.

On it are the 5 Moxen, Black Lotus, Chaos Orb, Mox Diamond, Grinning Totem, Jester's Cap, + Scroll Rack and Skyshaper on the 2 ends.

Copyright date is 1998.

I can try taking pictures if anyone's interested.
Please note my change in e-mail (check profile)

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:47 pm

I have the full set.  I know that some of the usa distrubutors for magic have lots of them sitting around collecting dust in their warehouses.  contact some retailers to see if they can still get them.

themike314
Librarities Legend

Post by themike314 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:45 pm

If I remember correctly, the Vanguard gift set also came in a similar box.  I had two that were both the black mana version.  (Had being the key word there, as I gave one to my brother and the one I used was stolen.)