abyss proof up on ebay..

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

justybug
Librarities Hero

abyss proof up on ebay..

Post by justybug » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:54 pm

shameless self promotion here. sorry..
speaking with pete venters today, he stated he's holding the remaining abyss proofs to be sold in sets, guessing with other Legends AP's.
and he had to dig for this one.
here's one of mine
if this belongs in some other forum, please let me know.
cheers!
HUNTING UNGLUED/UNHINGED ARTIST PROOFS - PLEASE HELP!!
email me for details..send your trade offers!
Misprints, sketches, pictures!!
jbug23 on MOTL

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: abyss proof up on ebay..

Post by dragsamou » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:13 pm

Hi.
Why the Shipping by Global Priority Mail 5$ is charged 9$?And Why you do not send it as a Gift instead of filling all the customs forms  ???
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

justybug
Librarities Hero

Post by justybug » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:19 pm

i'd send it as a gift to anyone from here, you'd be amazed at the ridiculous requests you get from people buying online. ::)
i'm sure anyone here who has purchased or sent internationally knows all the hoops you have to jump through, global priority is 5 or 9 depending on what it goes in. i still don't know if insurance is available internationally, (i'm checking tomorrow) i relisted the auction and fixed most of the issues and questions that were getting emailed to me.
if it costs me only 5 to send, and insurance can be bought within the 9, then it goes insured or tracked or whatever is available.
i don't gouge on shipping, but international with proper documentation is a pain, and as i can't just go to any local shop and get another one of these, the fee isn't negotiable.
i have no problem making it easier for anyone off this board or motl if you let me know you're from there. obviously i'd know it's you alexis....
hope this fixes things..
HUNTING UNGLUED/UNHINGED ARTIST PROOFS - PLEASE HELP!!
email me for details..send your trade offers!
Misprints, sketches, pictures!!
jbug23 on MOTL

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:09 pm

AFAIK insurance is only availble via registered mail, and only to a select number of countries. Registered and Priority can not be mixed. if I'm wrong someone please correct me.
Apathy House
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!

Allie

Post by Allie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:10 am

Global Express Mail (EMS) comes with insurance, tracking, ect, and is one of the only way to get such things when shipping overseas. It is quite expensive, in the $20 range depending on weight and country the item is being shipped to.

The $5 and $9 price for Global Priority depends on the size of the envelope. It is a flat rate. You can get a Certificate of Mailing for 90 cents - Form 3817.

You can get Recorded Delivery, but it is only for a handful of countries that have an agreement with the USPS, such as Germany. I think you can pay extra to get tracking ... or proof of it entering the other country, as well.

As for insurance: Not available with Global Priority Mail® items.

Insurance is not available to all countries.

Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG) service includes up to $100 insurance, and additional insurance may be purchased. See the Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) Service Guide for details.

Global Express Mail™ (EMS) items include up to $100 insurance each, and additional insurance may be purchased.

For Parcel Post® items, insurability may vary.

Insurance provides coverage against loss, rifling, or damage.

The maximum insurance amount varies by individual country.

Insurance fees are in addition to postage and vary depending on amount of coverage.

I've never had to to any more than fill out a simple USPS Customs Declaration CN 22 (PS Form 2976) when shipping overseas and have had no trouble. You do need to fill out two forms for items worth 400 and over -- a Form 2976 for the outside and a 2976 - A for the inside.