Price of Carta Mundi Poker Deck and 1998 WC Spellground

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Rainsford
Librarities Legend

Price of Carta Mundi Poker Deck and 1998 WC Spellground

Post by Rainsford » Thu May 11, 2006 3:27 am

All,

Well, I have a number of people asking me for pricing on these two items. Anyone have a thoguht on pricing?

Carta Mundi Poker Deck (sealed)
I wouldn't mind a price for an opened one as well as I have a second one.

1998 WC Spellground

Best regards,

Rainsford

tap4black
Legendary Alpha Collector

Post by tap4black » Thu May 11, 2006 9:23 pm

Check down the boards to the Ebay reports Jeff. Some guy is offering up Carta mundi decks for ONLY $2499! :-D

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu May 11, 2006 9:39 pm

Well I already stated I sold one of mine for $70 to a member here. This was for a sealed one. An opened one? Well obviously less, but your guess is as good as mine. Ask for $50 and see if they bite.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Thu May 11, 2006 11:32 pm

As the recipient of mintcollector's sealed deck, I consider myself a very lucky person. However, as much as I wish I was $2400 richer, that price is at least 20 to 30 times too high.

I have purchased two open Carta Mundi decks on eBay, one before my mintcollector purchase and one since. Both were in excellent condition. The first was missing one of the jokers, and went for $18. The second was complete and went for $28. In both cases my competition was knowledgable rarities collectors.

So while they may be rare, the fact that they don't contain Magic artwork apparantly limits their appeal to everyone except the hard core collector. The prices are a little higher than the DCI Legends deck, which also doesn't have any Magic artwork. In fact the 2 decks are quite similar except for the jokers and the ace of spades (as close as two different company poker decks can be).