2HG Niv-Mizzet, The Firemind

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Reliquium

2HG Niv-Mizzet, The Firemind

Post by Reliquium » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:27 pm

Does anybody know the print run on these things? WotC doesn't release info like that, althought they did tell me it was printed specifically as awards for the March 18th 2HG event, while supplies lasted.

So I'm figuring, from the number of tournies globally, about 1400-1500 were given away. And if the WotC response I got said what it seems to say, that would be the print run as well.

Anyone have any info on this?

-R

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:40 pm

Hi Reliquium and welcome to the Magic Library.

You've posted this question in an archive section of the forums, so I'm sure an admin or mod will move it to a more appropriate location where it will get more visibility.

Anyhow, there is a current thread in the 'News' forum about Niv-Mizzet and Electrolyze.

A common # being thrown around in eBay auctions is only 600 made, but I don't know the authenticity of that statement.

In regards to your question, I was under the impression that the Champs series was only for the United States as it replaced the older forms of Regional and State championship tourneys.

Out of curiosity, did you get your info directly from WOTC (it sounds like it based on your post) and would you be able to reprint it here?

Aleks

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:38 pm

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ev ... gic/champs

That page has a list of locations, which appear to include the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, and France. It would appear the ones in France haven't happened yet, though.

Note that these "Champs" are only replacing what used to be the State/Province/Territory/Island Championships (yes, that was their official name, or something along those lines), which did indeed occur outside the U.S. Regionals are a different set of tournaments that qualify players for Nationals, and they'll (presumably) still be held.

Reliquium

Post by Reliquium » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:42 pm

Hi Aleks, thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I can see how that "600" number came to be: people thinking the tournament was strictly in the US, and 12 being given out at each event (50 states x 12 = 600).

Here's a link that has the actual locations:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ev ... gic/champs

I count 120 events. 120x12=1440. Whether more, or even less, were printed, I have no idea.

Sorry, I don't have the e-mails from WotC anymore, but he did say something like: "This type of card is made specifically as prizes for an event while supplies last." I tried to get more out of him by asking if there were more or less made than DCI Sol Rings and DCI Exalted Angels, but he just repeated that he couldn't disclose print runs to the public. ;-)

YES MODS, PLEASE MOVE ME TO THE CORRECT THREAD! :-)

-R

Reliquium

Post by Reliquium » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:45 pm

Ha, flatmatt beat me to the link by 4 minutes; I was checking my mail in the middle of responding. :-P