JSS Challenge 2006- STE

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

What is an English JSS Sakura-Tribe Elder worth?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:42 am

Less than a regular foil STE ($5-8)
47%
About the same ($10ish)
33%
Higher, but not by much ($13-17)
13%
At least double ($20-25)
7%

Total votes: 15

kpsi355

JSS Challenge 2006- STE

Post by kpsi355 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:42 am

So the first JSS Challenges have happened this year. Anyone else manage to get some STEs, and anyone know their probable value?

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:21 pm

The Sakura-Tribe Elders will go for about $5 or so. Also regular foil ones can be gotten for only a couple bucks and not $10 like your post states. This is of course from eBay. Dealers may indeed be asking for $10, but is anyone buying at that price?

Now if you get one of the JSS ones early, then you might get hype prices ($10-$15), but after the flood hits since it is a door prize, $5 is all you will see.

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:03 am

mintcollector wrote:The Sakura-Tribe Elders will go for about $5 or so. Also regular foil ones can be gotten for only a couple bucks and not $10 like your post states. This is of course from eBay. Dealers may indeed be asking for $10, but is anyone buying at that price?

Now if you get one of the JSS ones early, then you might get hype prices ($10-$15), but after the flood hits since it is a door prize, $5 is all you will see.
I have to seriously disagree.. 10 is a number we cant hold onto @ a dealer table, on the floor, etc.. perhaps ebay numbers r lower.. yes, much like all the rav duals.. we get 18-20's day in and day out... but 10s? everyone takes them @ that number..

jss ones grab 15 relatively easily too.. couldnt hold onto these things @ richmond.. and this is a relatively popular card too...

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:21 pm

coolio wrote:
mintcollector wrote:The Sakura-Tribe Elders will go for about $5 or so. Also regular foil ones can be gotten for only a couple bucks and not $10 like your post states. This is of course from eBay. Dealers may indeed be asking for $10, but is anyone buying at that price?

I have to seriously disagree.. 10 is a number we cant hold onto @ a dealer table, on the floor, etc.. perhaps ebay numbers r lower.. yes, much like all the rav duals.. we get 18-20's day in and day out... but 10s? everyone takes them @ that number..

jss ones grab 15 relatively easily too.. couldnt hold onto these things @ richmond.. and this is a relatively popular card too...
Day of event pricing is always high for ANY card. I have always paid about $5 for any JSS door prize card, very close to after the event too. Now the top 8 prizes I can see paying much more for, but the doors? Nah!

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:18 am

mintcollector wrote:
coolio wrote:

Day of event pricing is always high for ANY card. I have always paid about $5 for any JSS door prize card, very close to after the event too. Now the top 8 prizes I can see paying much more for, but the doors? Nah!
well yeah.. that's what we pay too (as a dealer).. for now.. not v hard to clear for 15 really..