MTG Starter 1999 Booster Box Sealed Value?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

wizard1
Librarities Legend

MTG Starter 1999 Booster Box Sealed Value?

Post by wizard1 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:44 pm

I have a box of 36 Starter 1999 boosters still in their original Wizards of the Coast Shrinkwrap. I know that there are 37 rares in the set so there would be a very very good chance you will crack a Grim tutor as well as Thunder Dragon in this box. The last box I had, had the Grim Tutor and Thunder Dragon in Neighbouring packs.

What is this box worth? I cant seem to find it on ebay anywhere

Thanks.

PS. I am willing to get rid of it if the price is right.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:25 pm

I've seen boxes for around $150 to $200 recently. In looking recently I had been able to find some around $100 to $120 (I can't recall the exact details), but they were gone as of a week or two ago.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:11 pm

Welp, I find the price of $125 at one online place. $199 at another. And $135 at another. The last I saw on EBay (not necessarily the last one period) went for about $120..

And there are actually only 35 rares. The Mons Goblin Raiders and Goblin Hero that aren't in the boosters at all are mistakenly labeled as rares. (they are only in the precon/starters)

And, as an added bonus, Starter 1999 has 'perfect' colation. In other words, when I opened 3 boxes, each had exactly one set of rares and one spare. So when I was done I had exactly three of each rare and 3 extras. Pretty amazing, actually. I suppose, in theory, I just got insanely lucky, but those odds are pretty bad..;-)

Gryfalia

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:02 am

Gryfalia wrote:Welp, I find the price of $125 at one online place. $199 at another. And $135 at another. The last I saw on EBay (not necessarily the last one period) went for about $120..

And there are actually only 35 rares. The Mons Goblin Raiders and Goblin Hero that aren't in the boosters at all are mistakenly labeled as rares. (they are only in the precon/starters)

And, as an added bonus, Starter 1999 has 'perfect' colation. In other words, when I opened 3 boxes, each had exactly one set of rares and one spare. So when I was done I had exactly three of each rare and 3 extras. Pretty amazing, actually. I suppose, in theory, I just got insanely lucky, but those odds are pretty bad..;-)

Gryfalia
sorry. What od you mean by "Spares"? "Three of Each Rare and 3 extras" so you're getting 2 of each rare per box?

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:33 am

No, I opened three boxes. Getting 3 of each rare and 3 spares (not needed for sets, because I already had 3 sets).

Gryfalia