What is this?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Re: What is this?

Post by silver.paladin » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:22 am

About the fake packages, I think one thing to take into mind, is it is probably only the rares and maybe uncommons being faked.
I imagine a number of you have been at stores when a new set is released, and people are opening up box after box of cards trying to get their sets.  But with all these boxes, you have hundreds and thousands of commons.  What happens to all these common cards?  Do people keep them or throw them out?

Back when I used to open cards, I would be very careful opening packs, so as to minimize possible card damage, and then I would throw out all the empty packs as well as most of the commons.  For someone wanting to make bucks by doing fakes - why would they not collect all the empty packages and discarded cards?  If the packages are in good enough shape, then maybe they could re-seal the cards, and they have enough commons to make up these packs (that cost 0) as well as whatever fake cards for rares.
Oct 30, away until further notice

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:46 pm

Erloo - do you have a Japanese Mirrodin pack, and if so, does it have horizontal crimps?

Squt

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:23 pm

Hmmm, Erl00's Japanese boosters from Scourge, Mirrodin, and Darksteel are all horizontally-crimped.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:51 am

if anyone gets a horizontally crimped card, please let me know.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:02 pm

Has anyone asked someone at Wizards yet?

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:25 pm

Since Legions or Scourge, Japanese packs are horizontally crimped. They also differ from other langages because the top of the pack has a hole in it so that the pack can be hanged to a little bar on a vertical display. Squt, no problem, your box is perfectly legit.

Regarding Fakes, I think there are two debates in here:
- The auction linked at the beginning of this thread
- The fake 8th and Mirrodin packs currently on the market

The auction I initially linked to is probably legit. A variant packaging for the box, that's all.

However, it's a fact that Fake 8th and Mirrodin boosters are available on the market and that they contain fake cards.

The wrappers are fake and the cards inside are fake, trust me. And they have faked everything in there, commons, uncos, rares, etc.

BIgfatkitty and others, please read this post and look at the pics for additional proof.
Please help me finish my Boosters collection

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:33 pm

Hey Eric (or anyone) -

Do we know for sure of anyone faking foils yet though?

squt